Is it worth buying Marantz SR5012 for 45K?

amjad0103

Hello, I just couldn't find any AVR's at any vendors currently available. Even if there are any, prices are touching sky high. In this circumstances, I could only afford a seconds unit which can suffice my needs. I just came across a seller from Hyderabad who has Marantx SR5012 and selling it for 55K which I negotiated to 45K. He is willing to let it out but i am confused if its a good buy or not. Please help me out in clearing the air.

Much appreciate!!

Thanks

Hello, I just couldn't find any AVR's at any vendors currently available. Even if there are any, prices are touching sky high. In this circumstances, I could only afford a seconds unit which can suffice my needs. I just came across a seller from Hyderabad who has Marantx SR5012 and selling it for 55K which I negotiated to 45K. He is willing to let it out but i am confused if its a good buy or not. Please help me out in clearing the air.

Much appreciate!!

Thanks
if it is in full working condition then it is a great deal

Much appreciate!!

Thanks
In AVR, sound decoding is main function which should work perfect. If the AVR is in Original condition and working fine, then it is worth buying. Otherwise it is necessary to test the surround side effect with test video before buy.

In AVR, sound decoding is main function which should work perfect. If the AVR is in Original condition and working fine, then it is worth buying. Otherwise it is necessary to test the surround side effect with test video before buy.
So should I ask the seller to play some surround sound effect video? I am totally new to this HT concept and dealing with AVR's and speaker packages is nothing but a rocket science for me as of now. thanks again mate:)

For me, second hand and unheard websites are a big no. But that's my opinion only. This website for example https://www.tanotis.com claims it can give imported AVRs for cheaper price (with even GST refund for b2b customers) Pioneer brand vsx 834 and other good AVRs are available at 65000 something and with b2b billing GST you can get discounted to 55k.

But I don't know about the authenticity of this site. Therefore I choose to wait instead of going for second hand products or unfamiliar websites. Amazon tata cliq reliance digital and Flipkart only I can trust.

For me, second hand and unheard websites are a big no. But that's my opinion only. This website for example https://www.tanotis.com claims it can give imported AVRs for cheaper price (with even GST refund for b2b customers) Pioneer brand vsx 834 and other good AVRs are available at 65000 something and with b2b billing GST you can get discounted to 55k.

But I don't know about the authenticity of this site. Therefore I choose to wait instead of going for second hand products or unfamiliar websites. Amazon tata cliq reliance digital and Flipkart only I can trust.

Don't buy from these sites, don't buy AVRs from outside India. You will attract customs, and this can get stuck or you will have to pay alot.

I had bought VSX-834 at 40k in 2020 from amazon but a genuine dealer and distributor.

Don't buy from these sites, don't buy AVRs from outside India. You will attract customs, and this can get stuck or you will have to pay alot.

I had bought VSX-834 at 40k in 2020 from amazon but a genuine dealer and distributor.
Bro, the only problem now is none of the vendors/Authorized dealers have any stock in hand and not sure when they will have any. So the only way to buy AVR or any equip is to find it is available anywhere and buy it asap before somebody else snatches it away. Don't know how long will this continue

Bro, the only problem now is none of the vendors/Authorized dealers have any stock in hand and not sure when they will have any. So the only way to buy AVR or any equip is to find it is available anywhere and buy it asap before somebody else snatches it away. Don't know how long will this continue

Yes, but take from reliable dealers or distributors. Used products are fine if you get good ones.

Hey Amrut, I have seen your thread on your journey of HT setup. I just have one word, "Awesome". You need patience and more than that money to pull such a stint mate. Cheers to you. Learnt so much from your thread.

Thanks,
Yes one needs patience and money. My HT is complete now, I don't even think of investing or changing anything even 1%.
For stereo, its another story. I love how it sounds. But want to explore more.

So should I ask the seller to play some surround sound effect video? I am totally new to this HT concept and dealing with AVR's and speaker packages is nothing but a rocket science for me as of now. thanks again mate:)
Yes, demo is important. If you are unable to reach for demo at seller sit, then send a person on your behalf to verify. I guess the seller is not member of HFV.

Also he mentioned that Audessey microphone is missing.
I think this will be a problem. Without the mike, you will not be able to Audyssey and as far as I know, you can't use other units mike for this. Audyssey caliberation is an important part of an HT Setup.

Need to check

1) If all HDMI in & out working. Digital / Analog in/Preouts.
2)Check Bluetooth and WiFi working
3) Check USB is reading files and displaying on TV/monitor out
4) Headphone jack working.
5) Check all speakers out working with Test tone on. There is no him or distortion .

These are main points I check as buyer and even have sent video to buyer as seller.
When checking personally, see if not very hot while playing. Volume up and down is working smoothly after half an hours play(with remote ,knob may malfunction).Not going in protection mode when run little louder. Check all accessories are available.

Yes, demo is important. If you are unable to reach for demo at seller sit, then send a person on your behalf to verify. I guess the seller is not member of HFV.
Nope, he's not a member. Just found his add in Olx. I will see if I can visit him personally. but he has clearly mentioned that he will give me AVR and remote only. Audessey microphone is not available with him. And without that calibration is gonna be difficult I reckon. I am confused now.

I think this will be a problem. Without the mike, you will not be able to Audyssey and as far as I know, you can't use other units mike for this. Audyssey caliberation is an important part of an HT Setup.
Yes that is concerning me a lot. rather I would wait another few months and see if I can find any AVR from authorized vendors only. Why to take chances. Also he mentioned it is 4 year old.

Need to check

1) If all HDMI in & out working. Digital / Analog in/Preouts.
2)Check Bluetooth and WiFi working
3) Check USB is reading files and displaying on TV/monitor out
4) Headphone jack working.
5) Check all speakers out working with Test tone on. There is no him or distortion .

These are main points I check as buyer and even have sent video to buyer as seller.
When checking personally, see if not very hot while playing. Volume up and down is working smoothly after half an hours play(with remote ,knob may malfunction).Not going in protection mode when run little louder. Check all accessories are available.
Thanks Spirovious, I will consider all above mentioned points.

Much appreciate!!

Thanks
SR5013 was about 56k in Hifimart about 2yrs back.
If you could see the bill from the seller it would be great.
It is your call if you like the way it looks, and product is good u can buy.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back