Is LG a great option for a 3d TV?

Curryrice

Hello. My tv broke down last week so I'm looking for another one. Some friends advised me an lg 3d tv. I definitely want 3d but I don't know if lg is the right option. Any advice?

your budget and source(hd stb/blu ray/dvds what??)........and room light conditions??viwing distance?? use..tv series mainly or movies?? or common??
donot get carried away by the 3d craze.not worth it.fisrt of all there are no easily avilable 3d content/no 3d channel........plus 3d looks good in a very huge screen like a 3d projetcor of 80 inch minimum screen...or at least 65 inch tv.....

enjoy 3d in a thetaer at 300 bucks..

go for 42/50 inch plasma...........very good value for mnoey and best picture possible
or also try sony lcds 40 inch....
anyway members can suggest you specifically and much better way if you specify abopve points.

by the way panasonic has models 42 inch 3d full hd plasmas at around 48k i think..........

but yes in 3d lg uses passive which is hewlthier than the active used by others....

dont keep 3d as a criteria look for best piture quality avialable in ur budget....picture is for your eyes only.....dont trust my or someone elses recomendations....belive your eyes.

Last edited:
Curry + rice is a good meal. An icecream on top is good desert. But we do not judge the quality of the meal by the icecream served with it.

So buy a TV based on picture quality (curry+rice) alone. If basic features are good, the 3D (icecream) will be good too. The only factor will be which flavour to select. Will it be chocolate (active 3D) or pista (passive 3D). Passive 3D is easier on the eyes. But TVs with passive 3D are priced more than those with active 3D for an unknown reason.

Curry + rice is a good meal. An icecream on top is good desert. But we do not judge the quality of the meal by the icecream served with it.

So buy a TV based on picture quality (curry+rice) alone. If basic features are good, the 3D (icecream) will be good too. The only factor will be which flavour to select. Will it be chocolate (active 3D) or pista (passive 3D). Passive 3D is easier on the eyes. But TVs with passive 3D are priced more than those with active 3D for an unknown reason.
love your write ups:clapping:...you did a nice job in home theater blues column..

Hey Curyrice it's LG WRman Greg here!

Your friends give good advice. The good thing about LG is that a few years back they decided to take a chance and started developing passive 3D TVs, and now it's notorious that passive 3D is the future of 3D viewing. Recently, LG has developed a line of TVs called cinema 3D. If you take for example the LM8600, not only you get the best passive 3D quality on the market but it also has a lot of great features such as the smart TV function, the 2D-to-3D conversion, the Dual Play... Additionally it comes with a well-thought design and a really thin bezel, which is not only beautiful but also helps the user getting a fantastic immersive viewing experience, just like in the movie theater.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask or check out the official site for more info at 3D TVs: Discover 3D Televisions | LG India

LG WRman Greg out!

3D in these LG LED TV's is more watchable as compared to the likes of Sony or Samsung. But do remember that you are not only going for a 3D TV but a TV with Smart functions as well; do a thorough survey before narrowing your choices.

Looks like 3D is your main criteria. If that is so, then you can look at either one of Toshiba or LG; as these two make passive 3D TV's which are better for prolonged viewing.

Hi,
I have got lg Cinema 3D tv, 42", and am absolutely satisfied with it...
Exceptional 3D quality.. Go to lg showroom and give it an audition. You'll love it...
Regards...

Last edited:
As Just4kix has so eloquently pointed out, no 3D TV is just a 3D TV - rather it is a normal HD TV with additional features - including 3D capability. So, please consider the other factors carefully too - before making the final buying decision. As far as LG 3D TV itself is concerned, yes, it is definitely a great option - should you decide to invest in a 3D TV.

In a way it is quite a broad question. Each company - be it Samsung, Panasonic or Toshiba - sets a benchmark in various features associated with Television. So, I would suggest that before buying, think of various aspects like Smart apps, internet access, gaming, 3d technology, picture quality, price, active vs. passive, screen size etc. Don't give too much importance to just 3D feature whether positive or negative.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back