Is Plasma Dead? Samsung, Panasonic & LG Answer ...

VSG12777

Hi everyone

I found this nice article with the above title, which I thought I would share with all of you.

Here is the link:

HDGURU.Com Is Plasma Dead? Samsung, Panasonic and LG Answer

Biggies from the 3 brands have spoken on the topic, and after that there is the usual discussion by the page's readers / forum members. Some interesting views there too with some personal experiences and comparisons. Basically most of them say plasmas beat LCDs anyday in terms of black levels and picture quality. I'm a plasma fan myself! But it appears that both LCDs and plasmas would be superceded by OLED technology in the next maybe 5-10 years when OLED panels become affordable to purchase in large sizes.

Enjoy.

Warm regards,
Venkat

Last edited:
Well not all plasmas have the edge in black levels,at the same time the lcds based on ips panels don't have good blacks either.

The first company of the three plasma makers i believe that will pull the plug on plasmas will be samsung,since their LED lit lcds alone outsell their plasmas & have the same or superior black levels.

Around next year samsung may introduce their bluephase lcds which i believe will kill their plasma.

AUO will start producing their AMVA5 based lcds in Q3 or Q4 this year which have 2/3rd more amount of contrast vs current AMVA3.
So is CMO launching their own improved versions.

Where as the plasma camp have made negligible improvements,except the panasonic high end models which have greatly improved black levels,but can't say how they fair after few thousand hrs of use.

Oled still has a long way to go,i doubt large size oled will hit the streets by 2014.

Oled still has a long way to go,i doubt large size oled will hit the streets by 2014.

Rightly said that :clapping:
LG has launched an OMLED 15" screen with 720P resolution
They will be charging 1500-2000 USD for it .
Link below
LG OLED TV out this month! | Electricpig

So the market would be skimmed again with Pricey OMLED . So a competition at par for price/size is 4 years atleast , may be we can buy it then

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back