Is Sammy ,LG beter than panny , phillips ?

Aryan

Hi All !

Hope you all r having a good time interacting on this site.

I auditioned mostly all the brands today for 32" lcd and found sammy, LG score better than phillips, panny. really wonder why most of the threads praise the latter brands so much, makes me think if I am missing something.

picture on sammy and lg was brighter, clearer without any ghosting which shows on panny, phillip. this was when watching TATASKY.

All the LCDs' were full HD.

thanks,

Well, showrooms play them to show what they want to sell. See them at home condition and the results will be the other way around.

I have seen sales guys dimming Panny to show its bad, its all to do with profit margin. Try changing the settings and try in the showrooms.

Panasonic is known more for its Plasmas so it might be that others may be at par or even better than it when it comes to LCD.

Though I completely agree wit madbullram that Showrooms change the settings to show what they want to sell!!

Well, showrooms play them to show what they want to sell. See them at home condition and the results will be the other way around.

I have seen sales guys dimming Panny to show its bad, its all to do with profit margin. Try changing the settings and try in the showrooms.

Hi ,

I somehow trust panny and phillips but was greatly disappointd with the performance. The picture on both the tv was pixelating, if you know what i mean.

could you please tell me what settings will take care of that, so I can try it in the showroom itself. I am not sure if LCD settings work like the normal CRT.

thanks,

Last edited:
Samsung and Sony dont offer much value in the 32" segment...hence better to go for VFM proposition from Panny or LG.... it has also already been discussed in many posts regarding the Full HD benefits being received on 32" are negligible and once can really enjoy Full HD benefits for screen sizes 42" onwards hence addditonal money spend can be avoided on brands such as Sony and Samsung.

Could you please advise the best setting to view TATASKY feed on this TV. I would mostly be using it to watch documentaries on NATGEO, BBC, DISCOVERY.

Also if you could please share some feedback on phillips after sale service.

Thanks.
My current settings as below-

http://www.hifivision.com/television/7199-buying-philips-32-pfl5609-2.html#post93985

My rev-

http://www.hifivision.com/television/6754-my-new-philips-pfl5609-lcdtv-4.html

after sale service-

http://www.hifivision.com/dealer-feedback-review/7352-philips-after-sales-review.html#post94303

Last edited:
I think my earlier piece really had panal prob as newone looks even better & cleaner ,even viewing angle also improoved.(I mentione to have 120 & now feel upto 140 without changing PQ)

I think my earlier piece really had panal prob as newone looks even better & cleaner ,even viewing angle also improoved.(I mentione to have 120 & now feel upto 140 without changing PQ)

hi,

How much did u get it for ? I was quoted 33.5K,

Thanks,

hi,

How much did u get it for ? I was quoted 33.5K,

Thanks,

In Mumbai,only Croma was saling it MRP 39k.
After exchanging old CRT ,it came to 36k,but no stock available.
I asked for Display piece which was new & got for 33k and I spend 1k more for additional 2 yr Croma warrenty.

So final cost Rs.34120 under exchange with 3yr warrenty.

Hi All !

Hope you all r having a good time interacting on this site.

I auditioned mostly all the brands today for 32" lcd and found sammy, LG score better than phillips, panny. really wonder why most of the threads praise the latter brands so much, makes me think if I am missing something.

picture on sammy and lg was brighter, clearer without any ghosting which shows on panny, phillip. this was when watching TATASKY.

All the LCDs' were full HD.

thanks,

Guys with good eyesight will not buy LG LCDs.. :eek:hyeah:

Guys with good eyesight will not buy LG LCDs.. :eek:hyeah:

LG products always give mediocre perfomance. Be it their TVs or mobiles.
They sell in India only because of their pricing and offers like free DVD etc
They simply copy others design and technology and sell it for lower price.

I think "LUCKY GOLDSTAR or GOLDSTAR" is LG's ancestor and that was doing the same thing

LG products always give mediocre perfomance. Be it their TVs or mobiles.
They sell in India only because of their pricing and offers like free DVD etc
They simply copy others design and technology and sell it for lower price.

I think "LUCKY GOLDSTAR or GOLDSTAR" is LG's ancestor and that was doing the same thing

IMHO we should thank LG as they are atleast selling products at realistic prices... I just wonder sometimes on the margins that Sony and Samsung are making basis of their brand name....rather then bearing the cost of their huge marketing and advertising campaigns we should rather invest in LG products.....

Average life of products is anways reducing due to the lowered quality of materials being used and with a new function or parameter beign introduced every 6 months by manufacturers.....

Hi Guys,

thanks a ton for all the reviews, guidance and help u people gave me for choosing the LCD.

U guys were right in mentioning that the showroom people tweak the performance of the TVs to sell ones that give fatter margins.
2nd time that i went to the same showroom the phillips I have auditioned looked better ! I was confused about the LG and phillips but then spirovious was so confident with his purchase that I finally bought the PHILLIPS 5609 :yahoo:

I am happy wit the buy, however I will have to play around with the options to get the PQ of my taste. The colors right now seem too bright, eg : colors like red, yellow seem really bright, I don't know if it is due to TATASKY signal or what.

Anyway I willl keep you friends posted on the performance of the tv n try help other with the feedback.

thanks all !
Aryan.

Last edited:
Congrates,
where & for what price did you get?

Philips 5609 have 2 settings .As soon as you turnon new TV,you have to choose one option -1.Shop 2.Home

Shop mode is bright & colours are not natural.I took 4days to get PQ of my choice.

My settings & rev-

http://www.hifivision.com/television/7199-buying-philips-32-pfl5609-2.html
http://www.hifivision.com/television/6754-my-new-philips-pfl5609-lcdtv-3.html

I bought from Navrang Audio and Video in East Delhi, for 32.5K.
I will check for the home and shop setting.
I have chked ur setting and will try that as well, n keep u guys posted on this simple and neat looking tv.

Thanks,

Back