Is Sharp LC-32A37M or Toshiba REGZA 32AV600 a good buy

rohitr

Hello Guys.

Just wanted your expert opinion on this.

I am looking for a VFM 32 inch LCD

I would like to know your opinion on

Toshiba REGZA 32AV600
Sharp LC-32A37M

Both are <30K and look good.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks

Rohit

You can even add Hitachi & Pany X9 for 30k.
toshiba is good to see with SD too.I checked same with Pany X9,Scarlet2.0,
I found Pany was best with SD(plasma like from 12ft)Toshiba was 2nd ,only some motion issue.Sharp I saw last yr was too best with SD.

while both are respected brands, they have not known to be introducing their better stuff in india yet. also their pan-india after sales services has not really been tried and tested by many. you should give some importance to this factor too before deciding.

Hello Guys.

Just wanted your expert opinion on this.

I am looking for a VFM 32 inch LCD

I would like to know your opinion on

Toshiba REGZA 32AV600
Sharp LC-32A37M

Both are <30K and look good.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks

Rohit

the sharp was the former no 1 in both sales and performance.still quotes a modest contrast ratio in their catalogs(but more close to reality).
but sadly its ASV a form of VA tech has lost the contrast,viewing angle edge to the AMVA and spva used in samsung and sony,although still better the IPS based in terms of contrast.
then came in the famous banding issues,which still hasn't been solved,although all lcd do have a mild banding,sharps ASV tech show more of it,some can live with it some can't.SD capabilty is nothing special roughly equivalent to 2007 sony BE.not sure its due to the processing or native fault of the ASV,as fine detail is lost.
u are better of with a samsung 32B450A.,available in ebay for as cheap as 25k,but with dealer warranty.

haven't seen the toshiba.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys !!! really appreciate your replies.

I found Toshiba really good in terms of PQ but the ASS is what is holding me back.

Does anyone have a specific Hitachi model in mind in the 30K range

ok..so below is my short list not in any particular order

Hitachi L32A02A
Toshiba REGZA 32AV600
Sharp LC-32A37M

If I could stretch the budget then samsung 32B450A

But is samsung 32B450A worth the extra price?

ok..so below is my short list not in any particular order

Hitachi L32A02A
Toshiba REGZA 32AV600
Sharp LC-32A37M

If I could stretch the budget then samsung 32B450A

But is samsung 32B450A worth the extra price?

What are the prices you have been quoted for these? I was offered the B450A for 30K at a Samsung brand shop/showroom last week. I could have bargained it down to 29K.

If I get LA32B450C4 for 30K then I think its good VFM
The Samsung LA32B450C4 is available on ebay for Rs 24999/- with 1 year dealer warranty and free shipping. Samsung will handle paid repairs charging Rs 1000/- plus 10.5% as service charge plus cost of parts. If you consider mathematical probabilities, it is a fantastic buy.
I myself am considering it but I am checking out where I can source a wall mount kit for cheap. If the wall mount kit costs me too much, it is no more attractive to buy this TV from this ebay gent.
In fact, if there is any member here who has received a kit with his TV and doesn't need it because he is using a stand, then I would like to buy it off him if the price is reasonable.

Last edited:
I am not sure if its a good idea to buy it from ebay. It is a dealer warranty and not an official Samsung warranty and its a grey market piece.
If I dont get one officially in the 30K range then I suppose the Toshiba/Hitachi or Sharp is a good buy

I am not sure if its a good idea to buy it from ebay. It is a dealer warranty and not an official Samsung warranty and its a grey market piece.
If I dont get one officially in the 30K range then I suppose the Toshiba/Hitachi or Sharp is a good buy
Another cheap and good choice on ebay is the Panasonic x9D which is priced at Rs 25499/- with a 1 year panasonic warranty with installation and demo included. I called Panasonic and confirmed that it is a genuine deal.

Panny Tx-L32X10 for 32K...is it a good deal? and is this panny better than the sammy 32 4 series

Panny Tx-L32X10 for 32K...is it a good deal? and is this panny better than the sammy 32 4 series

compared to b4xx the panny looses in contrast and overall image processing capabilty.it however handles motion a bit better,superior viewing angle.

panyX9 is available for 30K-, so X10 may come close to 30k.
Pany vs Samy is panal war, Pany IPS is better for viewing angle,response time & Samy with better contrast.Overall IPS are better.
PanyX9 looks better than X10.I checked X10 with SD,HD which was looking soft.Hitachi on other hand was much better with sharpness.

I am a little wary of Hitachi and Toshiba. I don't know what kind of service setup they have here for TVs.
Secondly, I saw just 1 Hitachi and 1 Toshiba so far. The Hitachi was nothing extraordinary.
As far as the Toshiba was concerned, it was probably the worst 32" LCD TV I had seen. This was at Vijay Sales, Santacruz. The picture was very noisy and overall it looked the worst among all the TVs displayed there including Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sharp, Videocon and Sony. Didn't note the model number though.
Do not be dissuaded by my observation. It was just 1 TV at one location. May have been a fault with the input signal or with that specific piece.
In general, I have found the Panasonic display duller than other brands. People attribute it to the fact that it is an IPS panel but LG with the IPS panel is quite brilliant. I am now slowly leaning towards LG as their TVs seem best VFM. I might go back to consider the Samsung B450 if I get a deal like the one on ebay in Mumbai itself.
Does anyone know what are prices like at Alfa?
I must add that I also think Videocon is excellent VFM. There are two things that keep me away from Videocon.
1. I hate that bulge at the bottom. I think it needs to work out at the gym.
2. I am not confident about the reliability of their products.

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back