Is the time for affordable LPs over?

I started buying records in 1968. 45's were Rs.7 and LP's 35 imported second hand LP's were Rs.10, there were plenty of record shops and the salesman was only too eager to let us listen to the records before buying them.

So that, it's called as : Golden Time !:)

Good numbers command good prices and LPs in their heyday in early 80s used to cost about 40 Rs. Now convert that 1980s 40 Rs to today money and you have your answer.

It was a costly hobby then and its costly today.

But patience and persistence do help.

Over some time you are likely to get any title of your choice at your prices.

I never thought I'd get rare titles as I started into vinyls very late. Since 2014 I have been able to get almost all titles which I initially though I wouldn't even get to see for sale.

I even saw Mint Parinda being sold but missed it and Someone beat me to it.

So stay tuned n hooked.

Cheers

The max I have ordered from discogs is 5 lps. Any more and it attracts the attention of customs/ postal guys. Never had lps stuck this way. I order once a week.
Hi celester340
In my case, i have ordered feom discogs lots of between 10 and 15 lps to save up on postage and have never been bothered by customs. Also have only ordered from Europe.

I prefer not taking the chance. I’m happy with getting 5 lps at a time.

I rather buy lps off discogs than make friends with people just for a few Records. Im not into scoring Records either. I guess thats why I have a relatively small collection compared to most of you guys. Not interested in collecting lps. Rather spend time listening to what I have than telling people oh I got 3000 lps. Just my opinion.

Valid point, another school of thought is like mine, I keep my favourite genre mostly digital, and explore various other genres especially from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s via records. Again there's a following for record covers. Just to sit down and get a kick out of reading all those back-cover notes, like back in the day as a kid holding the record cover while his daddy played records. And yes, not bad to command some serious bragging rights as well with marquee equipment and a record library ;)

Ok, just for the sake of it, I'll share some pics of the find I was referring to. These are not stories but real happenings indeed. This is the bundle which I was referring to, neatly wrapped up. Most LPs are in mint condition, almost new. Also got a bunch of record sleeves with the pack. Mostly country, pop and instrumental records with some Bollywood ones too. Just opened a few at random.

IMG_20171210_004420.jpg

IMG_20171210_004540.jpg

IMG_20171210_004607.jpg

IMG_20171210_004906.jpg

IMG_20171210_004726.jpg

IMG_20171210_005050.jpg

IMG_20171210_005157.jpg

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back