Is there a budget option in around 50000 for 42 inch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45006
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45006

Recently due to a power spike my 2 year old LG LE4500 had blown off(despite it had a vguard led tv stabiliser) LG service personnel said, the component is only 4k but it's not available and panel has no problem. They asked us to bring the bill and pic of the tv so that they may reimburse some amount considering depreciation. But I don't expect miracles.

Now I am in another country and my dad is planning to get a new one. Checking the prices of few 42 inch tv's I find it surprising that all good TVS cost around 60 to 65k. I remember paying 65k two years back for the old LG. (Prices have not come down much?!). Since I do not need any smart features, as there is not much of an audience at home who would spend too much time with it, I m only looking for the best pic quality at a budget around 50k.

I have one sony w700 in mind, but again will have to stretch the budget to 65. Below given are what I am looking for:

1. Size 40 to 50
2. Good black levels with neutral colors
3. No smart features( it's used only on a set top box) and a asus oplay.
4. Older backlit models also not a problem as it's fitted in a place where it's not viewable from sides.
ugy9ugyt.jpg

Though plasma's are good, m not considering them by the way.. I m always worried about the customer support on them.

Recently due to a power spike my 2 year old LG LE4500 had blown off(despite it had a vguard led tv stabiliser) LG service personnel said, the component is only 4k but it's not available and panel has no problem. They asked us to bring the bill and pic of the tv so that they may reimburse some amount considering depreciation. But I don't expect miracles.

Now I am in another country and my dad is planning to get a new one. Checking the prices of few 42 inch tv's I find it surprising that all good TVS cost around 60 to 65k. I remember paying 65k two years back for the old LG. (Prices have not come down much?!). Since I do not need any smart features, as there is not much of an audience at home who would spend too much time with it, I m only looking for the best pic quality at a budget around 50k.

I have one sony w700 in mind, but again will have to stretch the budget to 65. Below given are what I am looking for:

1. Size 40 to 50
2. Good black levels with neutral colors
3. No smart features( it's used only on a set top box) and a asus oplay.
4. Older backlit models also not a problem as it's fitted in a place where it's not viewable from sides.

Here are a few options:

LG 42LB5820 42 inches LED TV - LG: Flipkart.com

Samsung 40H5100 40 inches LED TV - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Panasonic TH-42A400D 42 inches LED TV - Panasonic: Flipkart.com

MODERATOR WARNING: We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned without warning!

Okay. Sad part is my dad's sister has a sony bought at the same time. Her tv has some lines on the panel. Surpringly they too had the same policy. Discount on new tv or reimbursement based on depreciation. But I think, there is nothing better in market now than 42 w700. M also looking forward for that. I have a second tv which I had bought one year later which is a 40 Samsung series 6 3d if I am not wrong, it runs flawlessly, despite a transfer on a parcelling from chennai to Kerala.thats the only reason my heart is still biased towards Samsung still. Now waiting for a reply from lg and based on that will forward with a new tv. I would also, prefer fixing the current one, incase if someone knows how to do it. Its heartbreaking to leave away a 42 incher in 2 years:(

Checking the prices of few 42 inch tv's I find it surprising that all good TVS cost around 60 to 65k. I remember paying 65k two years back for the old LG. (Prices have not come down much?!).

There is always this rupee Vs Dollar, excise duty bullshit :mad: Companies want to cash in the consumers with this golden opportunity.. So prices will remain sky high....

Until & Unless some local player like Micromax decides to shake up the market with rock bottom pricing, prices will be insane....

Though plasma's are good, m not considering them by the way.. I m always worried about the customer support on them.

Samsung & LG still produce plasma's...So don't restrict yourself to just LCD-LED Tv's...As long as you have extended warranty purchased, you can be peaceful for 3yrs from the time you purchase them.. After that it is sheer luck be it any technology (LCD-LED/Plasma)....

For a 50K + budget, i would suggest LG 50PB6600 (55K) plasma with smart features.....Though your parents don't need smart capability, then can just disregard that feature & use a good 50 incher TV....

If you go the LCD-LED Range, you might have to settle for 40/42 inch range for 50K budget

Thanks elangoas, still one more week of waiting from LG, and will get a new one. By the time, a local person said he would try fixing it up. As panel is still okay, and only one of the two boards is out of order, he said there is a chance. So planning to give it there may wait before finalising the new one idea.

Thanks elangoas, still one more week of waiting from LG, and will get a new one. By the time, a local person said he would try fixing it up. As panel is still okay, and only one of the two boards is out of order, he said there is a chance. So planning to give it there may wait before finalising the new one idea.

Great... MY brother has 42 inch Plasma which is more than 4 years old....There was no issues with the panel so far....It once had a electronics failure(internal board problem) which was replaced for 3K & works without a glitch....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back