Is this setup good to go with denon x3800h

banana plugs not manditory. You can go with Amazon basics speaker cable or dac dprsker cable. Regarding sub you can check ascendo also. instead of svs pb26 you can buy ascendo sv12 subwoofers 2 that can save some amount for you. speakers you can audition before purchase.

whcih specification should have particular value so that it needs less power to drive?
Amplified Power25 - 75 W
Bass Unit165 mm (6.5 in)
Crossover Frequency2.4 kHz
Dimensions320 x 200 x 313 mm (12.6 x 7.9 x 12.3 in) cabinet
325 x 200 x 329 mm (12.8 x 7.9 x 13 in) overall
Effective Volume12.5 L (763 cu in)
Enclosure Type2-way reflex
Frequency Response46 Hz - 30 kHz
Impedance6 Ω
Minimum Impedance4 Ω
Sensitivity88 dB
Treble Unit22 mm (0.9 in)
Weight6.4kg (14.1 lbs)
I don't know which speaker specification this is. But if you ask me the sensitivity of the speaker, it is mentioned at 88 dB here in this chart. 90 or above dB speakers are easy to drive. 88 db means you need more power to drive that speaker. If you have a power amplifier, there will be no issue here.

I don't know which speaker specification this is. But if you ask me the sensitivity of the speaker, it is mentioned at 88 dB here in this chart. 90 or above dB speakers are easy to drive. 88 db means you need more power to drive that speaker. If you have a power amplifier, there will be no issue here.
now the main issue is dali speakers close to 89db are very very costly i cant afford :)

now the main issue is dali speakers close to 89db are very very costly i cant afford :)
Check out Dali Oberon 1, 3, or the Q Acoustic 3030i series. but choose the speakers before a good audition. I audioned dali, b&w, and focal side by side. Oberon has almost 80 percent sound quality and detail, like focal. but the focal cost twice as much as Dali.

If you have a very small budget, consider polk. A lot of guys don't like polk. but in that price range, they provide fantastic quality for movies. but I don't know if you like it. An audition is key.

You can also check out wharfedales. I am really satisfied & highly biased towards wharfys. The sound is soothing, the bass is tight, not piercing your ears. I would say they are underrated a lot.

the answer for this mainly depends on your room size and main listening position . for great cinema sound with great dynamics, it is better you go for compression drivers with matching LCR. almost all hifi brands have very bad center speaker (due to size and lobing). center channel is the most important speaker for a home theater, so it is always recommended go for matching LCR. depending upon room size ,speakers can be recommended. acoustics ,calibration and proper room design matters a lot in a home cinema.
for subwoofers it is best to go for 2 smaller ones rather than one big subwoofer, if you are limited in funds. with proper integration, you will eliminate room modes and can get smooth response in all seats.

DENON X3800H is a good mid range AVR. It has good tone quality and especially good for movies.
The Above SVS speakers are power hungry speakers and their sensitivity rate is 88 db. DENON X3800H will not able to push full potential to these speakers. You might need a Good Power Amplifier to get its full potential.
Sub does not matter since we just hookup LFE signal from Denon receiver, Of course SVS PB16 is a monster and great sub.
You may choose the speakers with high sensitivity rate >90 db , then this denon can drive speakers with full potential.

Something Like Dali oberon 9 will do better.
You can consider KLIPSCH too, they aren't power hungry, n do the job quite well. I'm using a Klipsch thx 6000 in a 7.2.2 setup with no Poweramp..n my denon 3800 does the job quite well.

You can use one brand of speakers, and you can use different subwoofers. There is nothing wrong with this.
hi again finally denon x4800h will arrive next week anytime. can we talk again for speakers. For dali speakers i can max go upto oberon 5 series. For kef i can go max kef q550 and for q acoustics i can max go qacoustics 5040 or 3050i for FLOORSTANDING SETUP. WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE i want complete music immersion for hindi bollywood music from 1990s like mohra dilwale movie songs etc.

hi again finally denon x4800h will arrive next week anytime. can we talk again for speakers. For dali speakers i can max go upto oberon 5 series. For kef i can go max kef q550 and for q acoustics i can max go qacoustics 5040 or 3050i for FLOORSTANDING SETUP. WHICH ONE WOULD YOU CHOOSE i want complete music immersion for hindi bollywood music from 1990s like mohra dilwale movie songs etc.
Oberon and Qacoustic (30xxi) are very good for music and movies. qacoustic 50xx series. I don't have any personal experience, but they seem very good as well. Maybe a good audition will help you choose between speakers. Maybe in the audition, you will like some other brands instead of these two.

Oberon and Qacoustic (30xxi) are very good for music and movies. qacoustic 50xx series. I don't have any personal experience, but they seem very good as well. Maybe a good audition will help you choose between speakers. Maybe in the audition, you will like some other brands instead of these two.
hi i have shortlisted these 4 tower speakers. now wharfdale 12.4 has best minimum impedence of 5ohm but has less max spl of 102 only also crossover frequency is only 21000hz if compared to others. which model to choose and as usual i dont want harsh trbel to my ears

Attachments

• s.png
    s.png
    63 KB · Views: 12
hi i have shortlisted these 4 tower speakers. now wharfdale 12.4 has best minimum impedence of 5ohm but has less max spl of 102 only also crossover frequency is only 21000hz if compared to others. which model to choose and as usual i dont want harsh trbel to my ears
Specs really tell you next to nothing - best thing is to audition them.

The Denon x4800H is a good amp so the impedance isn’t really relevant. The cross over frequency also tells you nothing about how much the ‘dip’ is. THX reference level is 85dB at listening position, so 102dB is more than enough ( loudness doubles every 3 dB, but also the max SPL spec doesn’t say at what distance ).

Please hear them out as they’re all good options.

Specs really tell you next to nothing - best thing is to audition them.

The Denon x4800H is a good amp so the impedance isn’t really relevant. The cross over frequency also tells you nothing about how much the ‘dip’ is. THX reference level is 85dB at listening position, so 102dB is more than enough ( loudness doubles every 3 dB, but also the max SPL spec doesn’t say at what distance ).

Please hear them out as they’re all good options.
yes, exactly. 4800h can drive these speakers well. Try to audition these speakers as you mentioned.

Some people say polk is harsh. But for me, polk is fine for movies but not so good for music. You have to audition 3–4 brands before buying them. Spend more time auditioning and seeing if you are comfortable wi
Some people say polk is harsh. But for me, polk is fine for movies but not so good for music. You have to audition 3–4 brands before buying them. Spend more time auditioning and seeing if you are comfortable with them
hi again. my room is 15x15 so can i save money and go with bookshelf pair as front left right speakers? i am eying on dali opticon 1

bookshelf will be fine for watching movies.
hi again. my room is 15x15 so can i save money and go with bookshelf pair as front left right speakers? i am eying on dali opticon 1
bookshelf will be fine for watching movies and music. If you use a tower or bookshelf, low frequency will be handled by the subwoofer, so no problem. But if you have more preference for music, then consider a tower.

bookshelf will be fine for watching movies.

bookshelf will be fine for watching movies and music. If you use a tower or bookshelf, low frequency will be handled by the subwoofer, so no problem. But if you have more preference for music, then consider a tower.
in the end i will end subwoofer as well. still tower preferred?

Hey bro,
Lot of people have given very good advice above.
I'll only add the following:
1. Keep patience.
2. The Denon will arrive soon. (Or might have arrived already). But please put away the urge to buy speakers immediately.
3. Go to Delhi, book appointments with retailers. Tell them you are looking at a Denon pairing. Give them your choice of speakers. Almost all dealers will be able to set up your speakers paired to a recent Denon AVR, if not the 4800 itself.
4. Please, please listen to a few bookshelf options and floorstanding options from your chosen set.
5. Only then take a call.
6. Dont rush, cos remorse can be very hard on the mind and pocket. :)
All the best.

Hey bro,
Lot of people have given very good advice above.
I'll only add the following:
1. Keep patience.
2. The Denon will arrive soon. (Or might have arrived already). But please put away the urge to buy speakers immediately.
3. Go to Delhi, book appointments with retailers. Tell them you are looking at a Denon pairing. Give them your choice of speakers. Almost all dealers will be able to set up your speakers paired to a recent Denon AVR, if not the 4800 itself.
4. Please, please listen to a few bookshelf options and floorstanding options from your chosen set.
5. Only then take a call.
6. Dont rush, cos remorse can be very hard on the mind and pocket. :)
All the best.
thnx

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back