Is this setup good to go with denon x3800h

I have Denon 3800 at my home paired with Polk speakers (Tower L/R) and OWM for surround and Atmos. The subwoofer is BIC and i am very satisfied with the movie watching, however, if you preference is more towards music, i would say avoid Polk speakers.

I have Denon 3800 at my home paired with Polk speakers (Tower L/R) and OWM for surround and Atmos. The subwoofer is BIC and i am very satisfied with the movie watching, however, if you preference is more towards music, i would say avoid Polk speakers.
thank you. i can now buy only between dali oberon 7 kef q550 and dali oberon 5 . which 1 to choose. unfortunately i cant get demo as i live far off

bookshelf will be fine for watching movies.

bookshelf will be fine for watching movies and music. If you use a tower or bookshelf, low frequency will be handled by the subwoofer, so no problem. But if you have more preference for music, then consider a tower.
my avr has arrived but i dont have anything to connect to it except monitor and appletv 4k. is there any way i can check it fully if all is working fine?

my avr has arrived but i dont have anything to connect to it except monitor and appletv 4k. is there any way i can check it fully if all is working fine?
😂 without speakers, it is difficult to test a receiver. You can plug it in and check its working but if you are goodat electronics, you can manipulate someheadphones with a resistors and connected to each speaker terminals and try or use a multimeter to check the signal coming to each speaker terminal but if don't know these don't try it will damage the receiver. If you really want to check it,then buy a pair of small speakers from any electronic shop and try .

this is my room size
As per your room size (in the video), do not buy too big speakers. Initially they look good to you. You can't utilize such a big size speakers in your room size. I urge you to get a Good amp , like the Denon you've chosen, but get small set of speakers..they too come in power..small doesn't mean tiny sound to you as it included a sub too. I had RTI A3 with RTI center and RTI A1 at rear..couldn't utilise those hefty speakers.
Amp should be more powerful than the speakers. Also after a few years those beefy speakers feels like .. your room need more space..it should be more clean and airy. But those speakers taken the space more than any humans in the room :)
Also those hefty speakers don't suit wall mounting and go against aesthetics (you will realize later)
Like some of the excellent small sets comes from Mission, Elac, Sonodyne, Energy, Cambridge audio, Magnet, polks etc.
Eventually the final decision is yours, this is what I feel after 10 long years with HT.

As per your room size (in the video), do not buy too big speakers. Initially they look good to you. You can't utilize such a big size speakers in your room size. I urge you to get a Good amp , like the Denon you've chosen, but get small set of speakers..they too come in power..small doesn't mean tiny sound to you as it included a sub too. I had RTI A3 with RTI center and RTI A1 at rear..couldn't utilise those hefty speakers.
Amp should be more powerful than the speakers. Also after a few years those beefy speakers feels like .. your room need more space..it should be more clean and airy. But those speakers taken the space more than any humans in the room :)
Also those hefty speakers don't suit wall mounting and go against aesthetics (you will realize later)
Like some of the excellent small sets comes from Mission, Elac, Sonodyne, Energy, Cambridge audio, Magnet, polks etc.
Eventually the final decision is yours, this is what I feel after 10 long years with HT.
for hindi bollywood music from 1990s like mohra dilwale etc. bookshelf will do justice?

for hindi bollywood music from 1990s like mohra dilwale etc. bookshelf will do justice?
A pair of Bookshelves for music will do the justice for sure. Like RTI A1 with the driver size of 4.5" or similar speakers. But if you r going to drive the bookshelves with HT amp you will surely miss the details. A good integrated amp will suit more for the music only, just add a modest DAC with it and you are good to go.

A pair of Bookshelves for music will do the justice for sure. Like RTI A1 with the driver size of 4.5" or similar speakers. But if you r going to drive the bookshelves with HT amp you will surely miss the details. A good integrated amp will suit more for the music only, just add a modest DAC with it and you are good to go.
already spent much on avr cant buy any amp now what goes now will go into avr only

getting dali oberon 5 for 85000 and oberon 7 for 110000 and qacoustics 5040 for 110000 which 1 to choose
getting dali oberon 5 for 85000 and oberon 7 for 110000 and qacoustics 5040 for 110000 which 1 to choose
Oberon 7 is a pretty big tower speaker, and you always mentioned you will play very moderate volumes, so as @dinesh1201 said, compared to your room size, Oberon 7 or any other tower is overkill. For a big room, and if you play loud, the Oberon 7 is a blast. Go for a bookshelf, which is easy to place in a small room, and you get enough space to install a TV or projector.

You can't go wrong with the Q Acoustics. Bookshelves will suffice for your room size. You'll be adding a subwoofer anyway. The AVR will make the sub do all the heavy bass work.

Now again i have to do study and ask again which bookshelves are good for me i dont want harsh treble as said earlier ears are sensitive to harsh treble. also they must sound very good and each and every instruement clearly audible in songs from hindi movies of 1990s.

thank you. i can now buy only between dali oberon 7 kef q550 and dali oberon 5 . which 1 to choose. unfortunately i cant get demo as i live far off
Now again i have to do study and ask again which bookshelves are good for me i dont want harsh treble as said earlier ears are sensitive to harsh treble. also they must sound very good and each and every instruement clearly audible in songs from hindi movies of 1990s.
Oberon 3 or qacoustic 3xxx or 5xxx, but definitely audition it before buying. I would say to travel to another place to audition to get to know the sound signature. Everyone is commenting on their personal preferences, including me, but try at least once before making a purchase. without an audition, and you purchase 1-2L speakers, and if you don't like the sound, it's difficult to return. At least a subwoofer is fine to purchase without an audition because they have only one job to handle low frequencies. But speakers are very sensitive, so try them once before making a big purchase. best wishes.

A medium size Floorstander or a bookshelf with stands is most likely going to take up the same amount of space, bookshelf is only going to be beneficial if you choose to not use it on stands and rather place it on a TV unit/cabinet.
Example an oberon 5 FS and an oberon 3 on stands will take up roughly the same space but the floorstander will definitely give you more kick in the midbass region and more bass extension, which will make a difference when listening at lower volumes as the FS will offer a fuller sound in the same space occupied at lower volumes. In the bookshelf to get similar bass output you'll need to turn up the volume leading to chances of the treble bothering you.

My suggestion will be a mid-size floorstander like oberon 5, psb alpha T20 and the likes.

Below is a video for size reference between the oberon 3 on stands, oberon 5, oberon 7

Last edited:
Check out the Jamo Studio 7 range - I heard them and was quite impressed, especially the bookshelves. S-15B and S-17B. They’ve been very well reviewed too

A medium size Floorstander or a bookshelf with stands is most likely going to take up the same amount of space, bookshelf is only going to be beneficial if you choose to not use it on stands and rather place it on a TV unit/cabinet.
Example an oberon 5 FS and an oberon 3 on stands will take up roughly the same space but the floorstander will definitely give you more kick in the midbass region and more bass extension, which will make a difference when listening at lower volumes as the FS will offer a fuller sound in the same space occupied at lower volumes. In the bookshelf to get similar bass output you'll need to turn up the volume leading to chances of the treble bothering you.

My suggestion will be a mid-size floorstander like oberon 5, psb alpha T20 and the likes.

Below is a video for size reference between the oberon 3 on stands, oberon 5, oberon 7
oberon 5 deal lock then?

you can say i had been aching to experience dolby atmos for so long. thats why

Most of the time the experience people like from music/cinema can at least partially be attributed to reasonable SPL. The theater sound is also about SPL and dynamics. Using the equipment you are using at low capacity would be, in general, a waste and you would not see any benefit from this. If your only goal is atmos then you could potentially use cheaper,smaller speakers to do so just as effectively at less volume and lower price/space. Since you mention hearing issues for you then you might consider either looking for speakers that match with your hearing if you have more details on that or alternatively using DSP. Also I will note that if the SPL is too low you might not find the system satisfactory, you may wish to change it but unless the SPL is increased (depending upon the actual SPL used and your preferences) you might not enjoy it. Either way, good luck.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back