Is this setup good to go with denon x3800h

DENON X3800H is a good mid range AVR. It has good tone quality and especially good for movies.
The Above SVS speakers are power hungry speakers and their sensitivity rate is 88 db. DENON X3800H will not able to push full potential to these speakers. You might need a Good Power Amplifier to get its full potential.
Sub does not matter since we just hookup LFE signal from Denon receiver, Of course SVS PB16 is a monster and great sub.
You may choose the speakers with high sensitivity rate >90 db , then this denon can drive speakers with full potential.

Something Like Dali oberon 9 will do better.

i will not be running at 100% volume anyway as i have tinnitus in ears
These SVS speakers are more powerful and loud . This will be good for people who needs powerful & loud sound. You may look into other brand line of speakers with soft dome or silk tweeters which will be less harsh to ears.

this is my room size
Hi,
I'd suggest you go with bookshelves instead of floor standers.
The Q Acoustics bookshelfs and surrounds could be a good fit for your room and your requirements (very neutral, not bright at all)

Do audition a lot of bookshelf speakers to arrive at a good fit. PSBs also, I can think of, which could be good.

Also, let us know if you will get a separate display and a bit more detail on seating position, so FMs can suggest good speaker placements also.

Regards and best.

this is my room size
SVs will be overkill for this room, and I would suggest you use bookshelf speakers instead of floorstanders.

1. Dali opticon series or the more expensive Rubicon series. If you consider budget, then go for Oberon.
  2. Polk goes for the reference series; they don't go wrong.
  3. focal aria series, or if you have a larger budget, they consider higher series.
  4. Q acoustics also considers the 5020 series, or if you have a higher budget, try the concept series. For a budget pack, go for the 3030 series.

KEF and WHARFDALE I don't have personal experience with home theatre. I heard only in stereo setup.

Looking at the image you shared to swap the ultra towers with the ultra bookshelf and you'll be good to go. I have heard the svs ultra bookshelves with ultra center and jl audio E110 running on emotiva processor and emotiva power amp(the toroidal transformer ones), the vocal intelligibility was excellent, since I watch more tv shows than movies, it really appealed to me. The amounht you save on the bookshelves can be put into a power amplifer if needed.

SVs will be overkill for this room, and I would suggest you use bookshelf speakers instead of floorstanders.

1. Dali opticon series or the more expensive Rubicon series. If you consider budget, then go for Oberon.
  2. Polk goes for the reference series; they don't go wrong.
  3. focal aria series, or if you have a larger budget, they consider higher series.
  4. Q acoustics also considers the 5020 series, or if you have a higher budget, try the concept series. For a budget pack, go for the 3030 series.

KEF and WHARFDALE I don't have personal experience with home theatre. I heard only in stereo setup.
GREAT BUT AS I HAVE TINITTUS in ears, i dont want sharp sound that increases my ringing. so now which brand would u suggest, i will buy full setup from 1 brand only

GREAT BUT AS I HAVE TINITTUS in ears, i dont want sharp sound that increases my ringing. so now which brand would u suggest, i will buy full setup from 1 brand only
I suggested the warm-sounding speakers, which I liked a lot in home theatres. but you need a lot of auditions to finalise which one you like. From these, if I were you, I would choose dali or q acoustic; these sound very nice to my ears. and I will invest the rest of the budget in a good subwoofer( svs, rel, rythmik,ascendo,arendal,monolith,tonewinner), basic room treatment, and good cables. but maybe in auditon you may like polk, focals, or any other brands. so do more audtions.

Note: instead of one SVS PB16, you go with a dual pair of PB 4000 or 3000. I recently went for a subwoofer audtion , and I preferred dual over single for even bass throughout the room.

I suggested the warm-sounding speakers, which I liked a lot in home theatres. but you need a lot of auditions to finalise which one you like. From these, if I were you, I would choose dali or q acoustic; these sound very nice to my ears. and I will invest the rest of the budget in a good subwoofer( svs, rel, rythmik,ascendo,arendal,monolith,tonewinner), basic room treatment, and good cables. but maybe in auditon you may like polk, focals, or any other brands. so do more audtions.

Note: instead of one SVS PB16, you go with a dual pair of PB 4000 or 3000. I recently went for a subwoofer audtion , and I preferred dual over single for even bass throughout the room.
looks like this does not end here. will have to buy accessories like banana plugs wires etc? can you tell what ALL is needed?

looks like this does not end here. will have to buy accessories like banana plugs wires etc? can you tell what ALL is needed?
You need decent speaker cables, at least 14 AWG. (I am using locally brought RR cables, but I will change them in the future, so if you buy a good one, there is no need to change it in the future.) I am using Mogami in my stereo setup, so I don't know right now which brand is best for home theatre use. Someone can suggest that, then banana plugs and HDMI cables—good-quality interconnects for subwoofers. If you add a power amp more interconnectors, or if you want something related to power, I don't know much. I am also finding it.

You need decent speaker cables, at least 14 AWG. (I am using locally brought RR cables, but I will change them in the future, so if you buy a good one, there is no need to change it in the future.) I am using Mogami in my stereo setup, so I don't know right now which brand is best for home theatre use. Someone can suggest that, then banana plugs and HDMI cables—good-quality interconnects for subwoofers. If you add a power amp more interconnectors, or if you want something related to power, I don't know much. I am also finding it.
also can you suggest speaker brand which performs good at lower volumes

also can you suggest speaker brand which performs good at lower volumes
Actually Good speakers have to render sound track in balanced sound in high volumes without affecting our ears. The BASS and treble have to be balanced. Check When you are getting more issue in your ears - while listening to more bright sound ?. Or while listening to more BASS/Lows sound. I personally like balanced sound.
I guess the sound with more BASS and highs in neutral will suit you.
Start auditioning speakers as speakers suggested shove Focals, Dali , QA Acoustics ..etc. Then choose the best which suits your need.
If possible ask for 1 week of trail at home from dealers then listen for longer period then check. Because listening in shorter duration we may not notice whether it affects our ears or not.

Actually Good speakers have to render sound track in balanced sound in high volumes without affecting our ears. The BASS and treble have to be balanced. Check When you are getting more issue in your ears - while listening to more bright sound ?. Or while listening to more BASS/Lows sound. I personally like balanced sound.
I guess the sound with more BASS and highs in neutral will suit you.
Start auditioning speakers as speakers suggested shove Focals, Dali , QA Acoustics ..etc. Then choose the best which suits your need.
If possible ask for 1 week of trail at home from dealers then listen for longer period then check. Because listening in shorter duration we may not notice whether it affects our ears or not.
well i cant get any demo. and yes more bright sound increases my ringing. so which one do u suggest?

If you're like me... Unable to audition and not really audiophile level technical expert in various terminology then have you checked out indiqaudio.com which is a Bangalore based brand? They shipped to me in Pune my pair of Diamond Achal floorstanders which I use with my denon x550bt and Polk HTS 12 subwoofer.

Very happy with the combo considering it's my first relatively costly and audiophile level purchase.

whcih specification should have particular value so that it needs less power to drive?
Amplified Power25 - 75 W
Bass Unit165 mm (6.5 in)
Crossover Frequency2.4 kHz
Dimensions320 x 200 x 313 mm (12.6 x 7.9 x 12.3 in) cabinet
325 x 200 x 329 mm (12.8 x 7.9 x 13 in) overall
Effective Volume12.5 L (763 cu in)
Enclosure Type2-way reflex
Frequency Response46 Hz - 30 kHz
Impedance6 Ω
Minimum Impedance4 Ω
Sensitivity88 dB
Treble Unit22 mm (0.9 in)
Weight6.4kg (14.1 lbs)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back