Issue with Asus O!Play Mini

yRus

My Asus O!Play mini used to work fine until one day it suddenly stopped reading my external HDD. Sometimes it can but most of the time it simply doesn't do so.
Any help would be much appreciated. I've just bought it very recently.
Thanks in advance

how bout a firmware upgrade or firmware flash ?

you can download the firmware on pendrive and flash it.

any signs of heating ?

welcome to the forum and wish you a great year ahead..

Is the drive detected everytime you plug it in the PC? Are you also facing the same problem with any other external hdd you have?

Can be cable issue as well.

my asus oplay mini also having problems of late-

unable to change any settings on the player , the video settings is stuck at ntsc ,720i ...strange i am unable to out put 1080p ...the player seems to have locked itself with its own settings

is there a fix or do i need to dump it :mad: ,have tried changing cables ...but of no use

kindly suggest possible ways to fix

thanks

my asus oplay mini also having problems of late-

unable to change any settings on the player , the video settings is stuck at ntsc ,720i ...strange i am unable to out put 1080p ...the player seems to have locked itself with its own settings

is there a fix or do i need to dump it :mad: ,have tried changing cables ...but of no use

kindly suggest possible ways to fix

thanks

I believe there is factory reset button hidden behind the player. Try and reset.

have reset many times but of no use...

Hmm, then may be you can try loading the firmware over USB and then make changes. Not sure whether you have already performed this but I think you can update the firmware over USB pen drive.

Edit: My first Mini went bad with the device unable to detect the remote but I was able to get the display and all. One of the bad things of these kind of small media players is that you do have any physical buttons to operate. This happened after 3 yrs of usage. So purchased another one the recent one around 6 months back.

Last edited:
Hmm, then may be you can try loading the firmware over USB and then make changes. Not sure whether you have already performed this but I think you can update the firmware over USB pen drive.

Edit: My first Mini went bad with the device unable to detect the remote but I was able to get the display and all. One of the bad things of these kind of small media players is that you do have any physical buttons to operate. This happened after 3 yrs of usage. So purchased another one the recent one around 6 months back.

have you tried to repair it? what happened to it? i think there is ir receptor .............

something like this

http://www.adafruit.com/products/157

Last edited:
[/I]

just did the firmware update ....no change the issue still exists:mad:

will post screenshots

screen shots of the asus oplay

video setting stuck at NTSC (unable to change to 1080 or hdmi auto)

Last edited:
volume stuck at 1 ,dosent go beyond but will come back to 0.

at start up it outputs 720p with asus logo but in few secs it reboots & outputs 480i:mad:

have you tried to repair it? what happened to it? i think there is ir receptor .............

something like this

IR sensor [TSOP38238] ID: 157 - $1.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

hemant, its lying un-used as the repair cost is not worth for this player at its cost. So got a new one for around 3.5k and actually its for my Dad as I have built a dedicated HTPC which is more than sufficient in my main HT and a Pi for my bedroom system. I feel the Pi will beat these kind of media players hands down with the Openelec OS at the same price or less.

Having same problem..volume stuck at 1..not able to increase the volume.but volume down botton is working..done firmware upgrade and factory reset etc but no change

I have asus o play mini HD.Play/pause button is not working in my remote..otherwise the player is working very good..Where can I get duplicate remote for this player at nominal cost?Any idea?

yesterday (17/08/2020) my asus oplay mini having this same problem, no change video resolution and volume works only 0 or 1, i looking in internet for a solution and find this forum, however i dont found anynothing, then i disassemble him and turn on a jump in the motherboard around ten seconds, them his back to work fine!

Inked20200817_141344_LI.jpg

yesterday (17/08/2020) my asus oplay mini having this same problem, no change video resolution and volume works only 0 or 1, i looking in internet for a solution and find this forum, however i dont found anynothing, then i disassemble him and turn on a jump in the motherboard around ten seconds, them his back to work fine!

Hi bonus630,

I'm having a new problem with my O!Play Mini, is exactly this same problem(op message): https://www.hifivision.com/threads/asus-o-play-mini.34305/#post-452093. So I wonder if your method could help me fix my device. I just need to know in detail please, how you managed to disassemble the O!Play Mini case?

Thank you so much!

Hi bonus630,

I'm having a new problem with my O!Play Mini, is exactly this same problem(op message): https://www.hifivision.com/threads/asus-o-play-mini.34305/#post-452093. So I wonder if your method could help me fix my device. I just need to know in detail please, how you managed to disassemble the O!Play Mini case?

Thank you so much!

I have the same problem with volume stuck on 1. Disassemble the O!Play mini is easy. Just remove the 4 rubber dots on the bottom of the player. Underneath you will find 4 screws.
I've tried to connect the two pins shown in the photo bonus630 posted whit a jumper but it didn't work for me. I hope you have better luck with it.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back