Jamaluddin : Vinyl Seller Kolkata

Was in kolkata last weekend and happened to meet Jamaluddin & His son Mashooq. He has put up a small shop in Kamalaya Centre on Lenin Sarani opp. shop no G-21. I got some Lps from him:-

1. MJ-Thriller (new LP)

Used:
2. Anand
3. Henna
4. Chandni
5. Maine Pyar Kiya

and 1 or two more lps. Very gentle person and same for his son. I took his e-mail ID too. In case anybody needs it, pls let me know. IMO he has everything you can think of in Hindi. I was looking for eagles in english which i didnt get. He told that in the small shop he has about 12000 lps on display but has over 1 lakh LPs in his home!! Will check him again sometime in sept. when I revisit the city.

Saket

Was in kolkata last weekend and happened to meet Jamaluddin & His son Mashooq. He has put up a small shop in Kamalaya Centre on Lenin Sarani opp. shop no G-21. I got some Lps from him:-

1. MJ-Thriller (new LP)

Used:
2. Anand
3. Henna
4. Chandni
5. Maine Pyar Kiya
Saket

how much you paid for them ?

I paid 350/- for Thriller. I think i got it pretty cheap considering it was a brand new LP.

Used ones 200/- to 250/- each LP. The guy is a tough nut to crack in terms of bargaining. Though I thought it to be little steeper but I paid as I didnt see these titles anywhere else.

Saket

Hi Saket,

Do let me know when you'll be leaving for kolkata next.

cheers,
abhraneel

1. MJ-Thriller (new LP)

Used:
2. Anand
3. Henna
4. Chandni
5. Maine Pyar Kiya

and 1 or two more lps. Very gentle person and same for his son. I took his e-mail ID too. In case anybody needs it, pls let me know. IMO he has everything you can think of in Hindi. I was looking for eagles in english which i didnt get. He told that in the small shop he has about 12000 lps on display but has over 1 lakh LPs in his home!! Will check him again sometime in sept. when I revisit the city.

Saket

its good saket that you took down his email. thanks once again for posting this.

Thanks bro, we are here to help each other right? Its a community of brothers & friends. So , its a pleasure. Keep posted.

Thanks & regards,
Saket

Have visited his home a number of times,a he has a huge collection. Both father and son are very well mannered, and they can get u a huge collection. Prices as mentioned , depends between 250 for lp of good quality , can be around 350 for rare ones. Max i have ever paid him is 500 for a lp.
Thanks

QUOTE=Saket;399058]Was in kolkata last weekend and happened to meet Jamaluddin & His son Mashooq. He has put up a small shop in Kamalaya Centre on Lenin Sarani opp. shop no G-21. I got some Lps from him:-

1. MJ-Thriller (new LP)

Used:
2. Anand
3. Henna
4. Chandni
5. Maine Pyar Kiya

Saket[/QUOTE]

Both Father and Son are very good person. I frequent a lot to their shops and house - Mashook also keep me informed about good Live concerts on Bollywood musics - the last was on Pancham .

Cheers

Both Father and Son are very good person. I frequent a lot to their shops and house - Mashook also keep me informed about good Live concerts on Bollywood musics - the last was on Pancham .

Cheers

Yes, he is one of the core member of the group "Euphony" who are very active in spreading Pancham greatness. Check their website. But this knowledge also costing us, the LP collectors, dearly when we look for some Pancham album.

Rgds,

Bhaskar

Its nice to see people carrying on their hobbies and selling vinyls. Would like to do the same.

I have been to the shop's, they have real good collection. I am trying to sell my vinyls if anyone is interested.

Mainly 60- 80s rock and roll records in mint condition...

Its nice to see people carrying on their hobbies and selling vinyls. Would like to do the same.

I have been to the shop's, they have real good collection. I am trying to sell my vinyls if anyone is interested.

Mainly 60- 80s rock and roll records in mint condition...

Please list the titles you want to sell, condition of the records and sleeves, and expected price. I'm interested in 70s and 80s rock.

A new building is coming up where Jamaal had his shop on Lenin Sarani. He now sits in his son Mashuq's shop who also deals in used vinyl records. Mashuq's shop is in Kamalaya Centre on Lenin Sarani. If you want i can forward Mashuq's number.
Regards
Vasu

Vasu,
It will be a great help, if you can forward the no...please sms at 9831347839

For benefit of all, I am posting Mashooq's no.: 09831183595
They can also be contacted by e-mail: [email protected]

But they are expensive as compared to other shops near by, however, they practically have everything released on vinyls in India.

Regards,
Saket

But they are expensive as compared to other shops near by, however, they practically have everything released on vinyls in India.

Regards,
Saket

+1. Most probably due to much hype on HFV Jamal/Mashook is no longer the best place to shop records in Kolkata any more. Now all other vendors are not only cheaper but also have better conditioned records.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back