Jamaluddin : Vinyl Seller Kolkata

^ exactly my point. I don't know the exact name of the place, but a small road side vendor on the left side sitting exactly at the small cross while coming towards Esplanade from Lenin Sarani (say coming from Jamaluddin's shop @ kamalaya centre) , near the tram tracks has literally mint condition records at much cheaper prices (can be safely read as 'half the prices'). I am sorry that I couldnt explain the location better. Please excuse as I am not a Kolkatian!

Regards.

Its nice to see people carrying on their hobbies and selling vinyls. Would like to do the same.

I have been to the shop's, they have real good collection. I am trying to sell my vinyls if anyone is interested.

Mainly 60- 80s rock and roll records in mint condition...

Hi ddewan,

Can you send me a list of your vinyls. I am interested in purchasing some LPs.

Regards
Kartick

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all these precious infos!
I'm about to start a video project on the vinyl digging/collectors in Kolkata
If you have any other interesting contact/shop in mind, don't hesitate to let me know!
Thanks in advance,
Cheers!

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all these precious infos!
I'm about to start a video project on the vinyl digging/collectors in Kolkata
If you have any other interesting contact/shop in mind, don't hesitate to let me know!
Thanks in advance,
Cheers!

Keep reading this forum. You will definitely land at the names of vinyl enthusiasts from Kolkata.

A new building is coming up where Jamaal had his shop on Lenin Sarani. He now sits in his son Mashuq's shop who also deals in used vinyl records. Mashuq's shop is in Kamalaya Centre on Lenin Sarani. If you want i can forward Mashuq's number.
Regards
Vasu

Hi Vasu,

Can you please let me know the number of mr. Jamaluddin? Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks,

Hi Vasu,

Can you please let me know the number of mr. Jamaluddin? Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks,

Sorry to bump up the question meant for Vasu, but here's the number: 09831183595. The contact person is Mashooq and he is Mr. Jamaluddin's son.

Hi friends.
Iam looking for Punjabi Lps in good condition.if any body know plz tell me from where I can get.
thx

Hi friends.
Iam looking for Punjabi Lps in good condition.if any body know plz tell me from where I can get.
thx

PM Me and I'll get you in touch with a seller in Punjab. His prices are a bit high but He has a good collection particularly for 70s and 80s songs. He is more reasonable than Lakhwant Singh.
He had an olx ad but I am unable to find it now.

???? ???? ????? ???

Reuben, Did you buy something from him? He is our "friend".
People claim he skins people alive :lol:

I didn't buy records from him but had traded some records for something I had that was valuable to him. He was asking Rs 3000 per record!!! for some jazz titles that I wanted (a mix of mostly ECM titles and some Atlantic Records titles). I guess that qualifies as skinning alive:lol:

My approach now has completely changed. I buy used records only and only if they are in Mint Condition as old records apart from this to me have no mojo left in them unless they have nostalgic attachment. They don't sound great on me 1200s when compared to Mint Condition Vinyl. I've started acquiring new vinyl as well on select titles. I still get offers to pick up lots at very reasonable prices but I now simply decline them. Also getting classic rock nowadays in lots is close to impossible.

Initially it was just a question of picking up any vinyl that comes your way and make the collection look big but with experience my approach now has completely changed.

Last edited:
My approach now has completely changed. I buy used records only and only if they are in Mint Condition as old records apart from this to me have no mojo left in them unless they have nostalgic attachment. They don't sound great on me 1200s when compared to Mint Condition Vinyl. I've started acquiring new vinyl as well on select titles. I still get offers to pick up lots at very reasonable prices but I now simply decline them. Also getting classic rock nowadays in lots is close to impossible.

Initially it was just a question of picking up any vinyl that comes your way and make the collection look big but with experience my approach now has completely changed.

I follow this approach from the early days of collecting R.D.Burman vinyls i.e. 2006. I know if I am denying any record to buy owing to average condition, I will come across the same in some other future period. Also sitting in Kolkata contributes a lot to come across near mint condition records. Mint/ Near mint records sound just awesome in Technics 1200 + Shure M 97 combo.

My opinion is a little different.

I have 2 catagories of records, the first in mint condition (mostly pre-used) and the second in used condition with different levels of wear. I listen to the first category when I want to enjoy the fidelity of the music, listen to the second category when I want to listen to the content and also relive the old days with ticks and pops :)

My opinion is a little different.

I have 2 catagories of records, the first in mint condition (mostly pre-used) and the second in used condition with different levels of wear. I listen to the first category when I want to enjoy the fidelity of the music, listen to the second category when I want to listen to the content and also relive the old days with ticks and pops :)

Well its actually quite the same Reuben :). Like I said, old records for nostalgic attachment and mint condition for the sheer joy of TTs and Fidelity.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back