Jamo A407hcs- opinions please

YourBoss

Greetings all: gotto say I am very impressed with this forum. Am in the process of upgrading my 8 year ols Sony Hometheater which I got from the US. (its a 110V system)
Been sorta looking around a bit and one of the speaker sets I am keen on is the Jamo A407HCS. Sounds great...looks brilliant (aesthetics are important for us)
A 407 HCS 5 Home Cinema Systems - Description

Would love your opinion, Also any suggestions for an Amp to match.
My requirements are:
More Music, less movies
DVD player
PS3

Also intend to check a few more speakers...
KEF KHT2005.3
Q Acoustics Q-AV

Are these available in Mumbai? Any idea about the prices and where one can find them.

Thanks in advance for your help....this is a really brilliant forum

If you like Jamo go for it. Since you listen to music more try auditioning Denon 1909, Marantz or Cambridge audio receivers.

Still havent bought it. The price quoted was Rs. 68,000. Might go for the MS Avant series instead.

Still havent bought it. The price quoted was Rs. 68,000. Might go for the MS Avant series instead.

MS Avant is Good. At 68K, You have also other decent options.

As our friend moserw often suggests, Q-accoustics is bang for bucks. U can also add Wharfe 9.2 as front to make it 7.1.
Then, for music u can always build Wharfe/Mission 5.1 for 68K.(Wharfe 9.5+Whharfe cenrter cs,Wharfe surround DFS,Wharfe sub150-Mission34i/35i,Mission cnter,mission surround,Wharfe Sub150)

All 3 options are very good.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back