(Jamo s606) or (Jamo 406 + sub)

mikhilsoni

I have auditioned Jamo 406 and liked them...the guy who was showing me these....gave me a glimpse of Jamo s606(brochure). i liked their feature of inbuilt subwoofer....now as he was giving all this stuff at a more overpriced rate...i contacted another guy....he suggested that jamo 406 or 408 with subwoofer is far better than jamo s606....is dat true...??i cnt get demo of s606 easily...should i go for 406/408 and a decent sub or s606

s406 - 11.5k
s606 - 23.5k

At the time of buying these rate will go a lil bit down....(.5k-1k)

i like sonodyne roarr 2815....is their a better sub in 17k...??

reciever i wl go for is marantz - sr3001...

I have auditioned Jamo 406 and liked them...the guy who was showing me these....gave me a glimpse of Jamo s606(brochure). i liked their feature of inbuilt subwoofer....now as he was giving all this stuff at a more overpriced rate...i contacted another guy....he suggested that jamo 406 or 408 with subwoofer is far better than jamo s606....is dat true...??i cnt get demo of s606 easily...should i go for 406/408 and a decent sub or s606

s406 - 11.5k
s606 - 23.5k

First things first. What is the intended usage? Music or Movies? If Movies, Are you planning to setup a HT with 5.1 or are you just looking at a 2.1?What is your budget?

When it comes to speakers its a matter of perception. So my perception is the s606 is more musical than the s406 and they are much better speakers too. The side mounted sub-woofer on the s606 is just passable for a SW. If you are thinking of picking up the s606 just because they have a built-in SW think about it, If you like good bass then anyday a dedicated SW will do a better job.

So when you look at mainstream speaker job (highs and mids) the s606 is way better than the s406 in both movies and music.

When you look at SW duty anyday a dedicated SW will be better than a integrated SW.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Raj.

my use is 80% music and 20% movie....i will definately buy a subwoofer... coz i really love bass n i knw that subw can really bring in better quality to the whole setup...i know perceptions differ here...but the dealer was sayng that 406 is more musical than 606...i know that more price never always mean better sound but im in dilemna....cant go for a demo:(

the quues is s606 is more musical than s406/408 or not...??

if i will go for 606 then i will have to wait for a month or two for subw(tight budget)...and if i go for 406 then i will go for d subw on the same day....my budget is 40-42k

I will go for floorstandings and sub first...suroound n rear can wait....

unleash me,

that was my first post...nd all that i knew was from this website nd from u only....but jamo is my first experience....i like having reviews before buyng...nd there r lots of products to go for in audio products....i cnt go into market....buy wat the salesman says is the best....nd later on repend...so plz ur guidance will always help me to go for the best.....thnx

That?s perfectly understandable Mikhil. I was trying to give Raj about the nature of your quest so that he understands what you actually need.

I?m happy that you are considering Jamo and the likes now. Trust me you wont regret. And yes, I want to second Raj on his choice of 606. They are indeed way better than 406. Plus, if you need dedicated bass, I suggest you buy a subwoofer.

You can check out Polk PSW 505 if you are after huge bass. Might not be very musical but it surely will rock your world. PSW505 Product Page : Powered Subwoofer : Polk Audio
Product Review

But if you want something a little warmer and mellow, try the Wharfedale Sub150. They are very musical.
http://www.wharfedale.co.uk/images/ranges/brochure_18.pdf

All the best.

Sorry couldnt write back earlier.

Just a quick round of questions.

Your budget is 40-45K but in your previous post the 45K included the amp/avr too. I just want to know if the budget you have posted here is for fronts+sub+amp/avr or is it 40-45K for fronts+sub?

Also for the fronts are you looking at Floorstanders or Bookshelves?

if budget is 45 for just fronts+sub then you can look at other brands which are in and around the range of 25K for floorstanders. Try, mordaunt-short avant series, wharfdale diamond series. If bookshelves are fine then mebbe you can look at Monitor Audio Bronze series. These brands are much better than Jamo.

If the budget is 45L for fronts+sub+amp then I dont think you have too much of a choice if you want floorstanders. The only choice you would have would be Jamo 406 series and Sonodyne.

-Raj.

I am having Jamo S606. They are 3 way speakers, and 406 is only two way speaker. You can hear every little crispy sound in 606, compared to 406.

I checked in Croma (tata showroom for electronics) Bangalore, the prices for 606 has come down. It only costs 27k. They informed, Jamo is trying to promote 606, so they costing the same as 406.

Although the bass is quite satisfactory in 606, but better buy a subwoofer, if you intend to watch lots of movies. Believe me, you will be shaken with the effects. I have Jamo SUB 300 subwoofer.

Altogether, Excellent experience with Excellent value for money.

If you are in Bangalore, better visit Kanteerva stadium on 25th-26th-27th January, 2008. There's a mega exhibition of all AV products( LCDS, Plasma, Speakers, everything latest). Over 140 international AV brands will be there, choices are enormous. Even What HI-FI is promoting it. Its on Kusturba road near Mallaya hospital.
Entry fee per person is Rs.40/-. For more details you can call them at 91-98206-03890(as per Times of India)
:)

s406 - 11.5k
s606 - 23.5k

Last edited:
guess wat.....i live in delhi....i have already booked tickets for banglore on 26....i was supposed to come for admission in christ college...nd nw dis av expo is also there....BINGO!!!!!

regardng cost...im already getting 606 for 23k...
s406 is way cheaper....12k

Shawn,

which reciever/amp u r using...???

shawn,

guess wat.....i live in delhi....i have already booked tickets for banglore on 26....i was supposed to come for admission in christ college...nd nw dis av expo is also there....BINGO!!!!!

Greattttt...You got lucky. My best wishes are with you.

I am using Marantz SR301 amp. But, I will sugest you to go for the upgraded one from the same company. That will do full justice to these speakers.:)

shawn,

Last edited:

Shawn,

I am staying in Gurgaon, could you please tell me where can I get Jamo606 for 23K

Do let me know where ca i get jamo 606 for 23k.

Shawn,

Hi Shawn,

Couple of quick Q's:
I am comparing
Jamo 606 set (S606 HCS, floorstanders, surround, and centre), available for 40K.
ELAC (marketed by Onkyo in India) FS58 (Floorstanders only), available for 26K.

I am looking for a 2.1 config for listening to music, not very keen on movie surround sound by compromising on stereo music. If I can get the Jamo 606 (floorstanders only) for a similer price as I am getting the Elac FS58 floorstanders, which would sound better? I have listened to the 606, but not to FS58.

Also, what about service back-up for Jamo? For Onkyo products, there is no issue since Onkyo has a full dealer set-up for the same.

Regarding Amp: Should I go for an 2.1 channel amp for music over a 7.1 receiver? Is the difference in sound quality really discernible? Also, pure amps are costlier since they are not manufactured much compared to HT receivers.
I am presently considering Onkyo 505 due to Onkyo's service back-up.

SW: Considering Onkyo (ELAC) SUB 50.

I am presently in Ahmedabad, far away from the showrooms in Bangalore & Mumbai...

What say?

Hi,
This is my 1st quote. It's good to see so many music lover and equally good suggestion.

I have seen Jamo 406 with sub and 606 with sub. 606 with sub is far batter than 406 with sub. It give clear depth in sound.

On 02.10.08 i went to ezone in Bangalore, they told me 71k for 606 and Jamo sub 200 with avr (i don't rember make of avr). I was just wondering if i can go for just Jamo S606 HCS 6 which is costing 48k in Jamo shop in Bangalore and sub200 is 15k in Jamo's shop and Denon Receiver (apx 20k) . This will cost me apx Rs.84K.

I was just wondring if any one can help me in getting cheaper shop to buy this things or other options in bangalore. As my budget is apx 50-60k. What would be the installation cost such as cables etc.?

Also if possoble...suggest good avr insted of denon

Tks
Bhavesh, Bangalore

Hi,
This is my 1st quote. It's good to see so many music lover and equally good suggestion.

I have seen Jamo 406 with sub and 606 with sub. 606 with sub is far batter than 406 with sub. It give clear depth in sound.

On 02.10.08 i went to ezone in Bangalore, they told me 71k for 606 and Jamo sub 200 with avr (i don't rember make of avr). I was just wondering if i can go for just Jamo S606 HCS 6 which is costing 48k in Jamo shop in Bangalore and sub200 is 15k in Jamo's shop and Denon Receiver (apx 20k) . This will cost me apx Rs.84K.

I was just wondring if any one can help me in getting cheaper shop to buy this things or other options in bangalore. As my budget is apx 50-60k. What would be the installation cost such as cables etc.?

Also if possoble...suggest good avr insted of denon

Tks
Bhavesh, Bangalore

hi, if u have not yet bought your jamo spkrs ,try out modern world , they offer it at a very competetive price , you cud meet mr dass

Guys. I need help.

I have just bought a set of 2 Jamo S606 + 1 Jamo 250 SW + 1 Harman Kardon AVR 247.

I got all of this, including the wires and stuff for abt Rs. 90,000.

I have a feeling I paid extra, just need to know what is the market price for these speakers today.

Plus, also have a SOny 3 CD changer (3,300 w, 4-speakers) and 1 Sony 21" Flat TV for sale.

Anybody if interested, pls contact me @ [email protected] or call me @ 0-98111-15088.

-Harpreet

s406 - 11.5k
s606 - 23.5k

the jamo rates u mentioned for s406 is for whole package (5.0 ) or only for fronts.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back