JVC RX700 Broken . Required new Headphone.

rahulyo

Hello friends.

From last 2 years i m using JVC RX700 headphone with ASUS Xonar STX sound card,but recently RX700 stop working so i want new headphone.

Main use of headphone :_

1.Music

2.Gaming

3.Movies

Please suggest me good headphone . My budget is 5000-7000 INR .

Thanks & Regards .

Hello friends.

From last 2 years i m using JVC RX700 headphone with ASUS Xonar STX sound card,but recently RX700 stop working so i want new headphone.
If you like your headphone then you can open it and check if the wires are loose or detached.You can fix it.
If they are ok then it may be the connector(3.5 mm stereo) which get detached internally.So just cutting wire and soldering new connector make it run again.
Some steps to follow-
JVC HA-RX900 modifications, a picture tutorial. (56k, forget about it...)
McFrede.dk - JVC HA-RX700 headphone mods

If you like your headphone then you can open it and check if the wires are loose or detached.You can fix it.
If they are ok then it may be the connector(3.5 mm stereo) which get detached internally.So just cutting wire and soldering new connector make it run again.
Some steps to follow-
JVC HA-RX900 modifications, a picture tutorial. (56k, forget about it...)
McFrede.dk - JVC HA-RX700 headphone mods

Thanks For reply . but my RX700 broken so want new Headphone .Any suggestion ?

1. Audio Technica AD700

2. Sennheiser HD 215 II

3. Sennheiser HD 449

4. Audio Technica ATH-M30X

Which one is better ? or any other suggestions please .

I have some questions :-

1. On which basis u choose headphone (Frequency, impedance , driver size etc) ?

2. My sound card already have Headphone Amp (As per reviews-Built in high quality, high impedance TI TPA6120A2 with software settable gain ranges allowing for high quality headphones to be used without external amplification units.) , still i require dedicated AMP ?

Main use of headphone :_
1.Music
2.Gaming
3.Movies
Please suggest me good headphone . My budget is 5000-7000 INR .
Thanks & Regards .

Since you're used to JVC headphones, why don't you upgrade to HA-RX900? It's sound quality's superior to HA-RX700 and also should have the same JVC's sound signature.

Also consider the newly released PHILIPS SHP9500. Reviews on Head-Fi claim that it's an improved version of the superb SHP9000. Also it does not need an audio amplifier to drive it, unlike SHP9000.

Note: Both these models will fit in your budget

Thanks for replies Guys.

Philips SHP 9500 Not available in India & So JVC RX 900 & Momentum Out of my budget :p

Any other suggestions ?

Sorry for the extremely late reply...

The best headphones within your budget IMHO would be SHP8500, SHP8900 and SHP9000. These models are highly reputed ones from PHILIPS, a brand known for making high-quality headphones that are affordable.

SHP9000, is a high-definition headphone known for reproducing stellar sound and needs proper amp-ing. SHP8900, second only to SHP9000 in sound quality can be driven by any normal desktop amp or portable amp. SHP8500 (equipped with 40 mm drivers) is good too but its sound quality is not in the league of SHP9000 or SHP8900.

These models would be ideal for gaming, movies and music.

Got chance to listen JVC RX700 and yes they are very good headphones for the price.Sound is warm still detailed. Separation of instruments are good.Voice is distinct from rest. Background sound also presented in detail.That is its not just the presence but delivered with scale.Compared with ATH M50 and found that M50 was little bright and attacking.But JVC wins in soundstage and instrument separation.Bass is not as big as M50 but sounds natural and not bloated.Overall sound is flat but enjoyable and not boring
In short its very musical for the price.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back