Laptop with matte screen - Any inputs

srramanujam

Posting in this forum since the earlier one (in general lounge) is not showing up in the forum.

Thanks to Kaushik who replied in the earlier location.

I am looking for a laptop. I went to Croma, Vijay Sales and Staples today. I could see my reflection in all laptop screens. All the helpful(!) salespersons ( i should say salesmen, there was not a single female staff in the laptop section, so much for equal opportunity) vouched that there are no matte finish laptops anymore.

Is this true, do i have to live with seeing the reflections of everything thats behind my shoulders.

I am looking for a 15 inch LED screen (another enigma is the LED LCD screen - what does it mean?) and budget is around 40K. Any suggestions for matte finish laptops with good keyboard.

Regards

Croma ,Vijay sales and staples does not carry the whole range.again they are like cons. elex shops.
Visit speciality dealers where you can see more range ,esp HP's professional series or Lennovo ideapad..
where do yo stay?take some time and visit lamington road ....first select the model and then check prices at all places .you may get good surprice and save money too!

I found Rajshree ,Mccaan and Sankeshwar offering lower prices but do not take this as rule of thumb

check these 2 sites too
Computers for Sale, Buy Laptop, Desktop PC Online, Computer Hardware Dealer, PC Parts Dealer, Laptop, Computer Accessories
TheITWares -TheITwares Ecommerce
both are from mumbai ...

PM if additional help required

let us know your purchase and way you did the purchase!
Happy hunting!

Lenovo's screens are actually some of the worst as far as contrast and readability. And in that price range you'll probably not get any better. Just try out as many as you can and choose the best among them. Also Notebookcheck reviews laptop's screens.

You can go for MacBookPro 15", but not for 40k. And you have to order it coz they don't keep the matte finishes in the showroom.

Hi Sramanujam,

I've got the Macbook pro and the glass screen was too shiny for me so I got an after market matte sheet for it that has a sort of adhesive on 4 outer edges. Can be peeled off, stored on its backing sheet and put back on. Resolution decreases but eye comfort increased for me.

Regards

Available online and at Apple outlets for sure.

apparently apple charges a usurious 40k extra if you want a matt screen on your macbook pro (or someone was saying on his facebook status msg today). apple's greed never ceases to amaze !!!

I use a matt-screen laptop and wouldn't trade it for a glossy one if i could help it.

All the helpful(!) salespersons ( i should say salesmen, there was not a single female staff in the laptop section, so much for equal opportunity) vouched that there are no matte finish laptops anymore.

Is this true, do i have to live with seeing the reflections of everything thats behind my shoulders.

Thats plain bullcrap!!!

If they don't carry something, every store in India will claim its "Outdated", "Not Available in Market" or whatever. Dont take them at their word.

I'd suggest you first research online for some models with matt screens, and then go around asking if they have those models in stock.

Many thanks. All my patience reserve was used in waiting for the music system.

I managed to locate a Dell Series called Vostro which has a matte finish and is much cheaper. But Dell will only sell it to business customer and not individuals.

I also located one piece of this in E Zone, but that is only a DELL display piece. If i order it (which they wont accept), it will still take 30 days for DELL to deliver (althogh DELL online says 15 days). Talk about sales effort.

Eventually i settled for Sony (with advice from my younger brother who works for one of the laptop manufacturers, not Sony though).

So if you see a desparate man taking off colourful clothes in a mall like Kareena Kappor does for the Sony ad, you have met a fellow forum member.

Off to create the recovery disk and load MS office (legal copy). Then to set up a router.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back