LCD Confusion

once again i persist with my distaste for using still images to judge televisions....i don't think anything can be achieved by looking at these images. A side-by-side comparison of these TVs is probably the only reliable way to judge these things.

once again i persist with my distaste for using still images to judge televisions....i don't think anything can be achieved by looking at these images. A side-by-side comparison of these TVs is probably the only reliable way to judge these things.

dudei have posted those image its upto the people to decide whether those images mean anything,and chaos also found in those images about the A-IPS tech advantage/Disadvantage and SPVA advantage/Disadvantage.

yes all models have inbuilt upscalers,well what i have noticed is that of the affordable dvd players pioneer does a good job and sony ps3 upscale better then mosts tv out there via hdmi.
yes the tvs can upscale the image via composite as well but it wont look good compared to the image upscaled via HDMI.now days some of the upscaling dvd players comes wit a free HDMI cable.

also check this out hitachi upcoming upscaling tech .
Hitachi makes like Toshiba and touts "super resolution technology" - Engadget

Do they all have 100 Hz refresh rate?

I doubt abt Sony,they don't mention.

Secondly do sony 32w400A(India) is same as 32w4000(uk)?
bcos reviews are available for w4000

Now sony uk has anounced w4500 series having 100 hz.

Do they all have 100 Hz refresh rate?

I doubt abt Sony,they don't mention.

Secondly do sony 32w400A(India) is same as 32w4000(uk)?
bcos reviews are available for w4000

Now sony uk has anounced w4500 series having 100 hz.

hi

so when can we expect the W4500 series in India?
i am planning to buy one.

i guess new models are on the verge of launch since more than 6 months have past when w400 series was luanched.

any news?
thanks

in india only the X series as 100hz and the now stopped D series had 100HZ in the only difference b/w UK W4000 and indian W400A is the UKs version as a in Built HD tuner since in UK they broadcast HD channels and there are many free to air channels ,most ot tv companies in india remove HD in built tuner since india doesnt have HD transmission yet.

sony next models which will have 200hz are X series called X4500 its likely to be equal to Z4500 series that u see in UK which has 200HZ motion flow.the X4500 is likely to be available from next month but the sizes available start from 40inch.
about 100hz tech in 32inch models sony sold very fer D series which had 100hz tech and in asia there isnt that much of a market for it except japan.

Check out LG too

I have seen following LCDs with their prices:

1. Philips-42PFL7432 Rs53990
2. Philips-37A2800 Rs44990
3. Samsung-32A450 Rs40000
4. Samsung-37A450 Rs56000

I want to buy minimum 37 inch LCD but SAMSUNG costs too much Rs56,000 in that much amount I can get Philips full HD 42 inch for RS54000

Samsung 4 series is not full HD....

Can anybody suggest for which one I should go from above mentioned models ?

Thanks,
Navin

ok guys i know its a old thread but just for the info ,the new sony Z series lcd which has been tested in HDTV test.co.uk has achieved a first for a lcd tv i.e it has full 1080 motion resolution one of the main advantage of some plasma like pioneer and which was rightly said by reign of chaos,but now the sony Z series has achieved the full motion resolution ,it also has very low input lag so should be great for gamers,coupled with huge contrast and deep blacks compared to most lcds(except LED backlight lcd) and some plasmas makes it one good tv.sadly not available in asia yet.

Last edited:
Two problems still remain with the TV. Not sure why Sony is not fixing them - first is the lack of white balance and calibration options. This is not that big an issue as the out of the box calibration is probably the best out there. The second and more bigger problem is the lack of proper video/film deinterlacing which will make SD signals look bad. Otherwise, this is the best LCD TV out there.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back