LED Lights for HT

1000w

Anyone used LED lights in their setup? I am on the lookout for LED flexible strip lights and also T5/T8 tube fittings.
Any idea on costs and availability in Bangalore?
-Manish

Manish, go to Avenue Road. That is where I got my LED spot lights and LED rope lights for my Home Theater.

Spot lights cost around Rs.350 and the fixture cost around Rs.100.
Rope lights cost anywhere between Rs.300 to Rs.1000 per meter. For every 5 meters, you need a 3Amps adapter which will cost around Rs.800. I am using a 5Amp adapter for 10Meters and I paid around Rs.1400.

One thing though, try to get a quote from as many shops as possible after seeing the product. I have never been able to figure out the actual or lowest cost of any of these fittings in Avenue Road:D.

Manish, go to Avenue Road. That is where I got my LED spot lights and LED rope lights for my Home Theater.

Spot lights cost around Rs.350 and the fixture cost around Rs.100.
Rope lights cost anywhere between Rs.300 to Rs.1000 per meter. For every 5 meters, you need a 3Amps adapter which will cost around Rs.800. I am using a 5Amp adapter for 10Meters and I paid around Rs.1400.

One thing though, try to get a quote from as many shops as possible after seeing the product. I have never been able to figure out the actual or lowest cost of any of these fittings in Avenue Road:D.

Can you please put on some pictures of your LED lightings...???

Thanks Santhosh,
Going to Avenue road itself is a challenge, no options available though so have to make a trip. Do you also know if any of the stores stock the smd version which is flexible?
Also any stores you know selling LED tubelights?

Can you please put on some pictures of your LED lightings...???
Mridul, here are some pics taken while my HT was WIP. You will have to live with my poor photography skills:)

DSC06785.jpg

DSC06803.jpg

Thanks Santhosh,
Going to Avenue road itself is a challenge, no options available though so have to make a trip. Do you also know if any of the stores stock the smd version which is flexible?
Also any stores you know selling LED tubelights?
There is a Multi Level Car Parking nearby, park your car there and go shopping at Avenue Road, worth the trip as I got many ideas when I saw the products that were available there. What does smd version mean?

Santhosh

Are these lights just single color or color changing ones...

If not, how much did these guyz asked for the RGB driver and for the DMX controller...

And is the 3w Bulb what you have is directly powered..???

And can you plz post some pics for Rope Lighting also...

The LED lights is a good idea, but please also consider to add halogen lights because they too will add a lot of grace as they can have the dimmer option and they can close in slow motion as it happens in some multiplexes, the lights can be set to different modes 25/50/75/100%, and some other settings can also be done, though you will have to buy the gadget which can control these lights, i have been controlling these lights through my logitech remote control with the base unit provided by a supplier.

V.

Anyone used LED lights in their setup? I am on the lookout for LED flexible strip lights and also T5/T8 tube fittings.
Any idea on costs and availability in Bangalore?
-Manish

Santhosh

Are these lights just single color or color changing ones...

If not, how much did these guyz asked for the RGB driver and for the DMX controller...

And can you plz post some pics for Rope Lighting also...

And is the 3w Bulb what you have is directly powered..???
I have not used RGB\color changing LEDs in my HT as I found them very "jin-chak":). If my memory serves me right, RGB was in the range of 600 to 1500 Rs per meter depending on the quality, Controller was extra.

I will post some pics this weekend, but my camera is not very good at capturing the effect of these lights in a dark room. Will try my best though.

The LED lights is a good idea, but please also consider to add halogen lights because they too will add a lot of grace as they can have the dimmer option and they can close in slow motion as it happens in some multiplexes, the lights can be set to different modes 25/50/75/100%, and some other settings can also be done, though you will have to buy the gadget which can control these lights, i have been controlling these lights through my logitech remote control with the base unit provided by a supplier.

V.
Yes, have dimmer lights. I have used normal 25 Watts Warm White bulbs for dimming. This is because my dimmer (which is actually a remote operated fan switch) has a maximum power handling of 100 Watts. The dimmer is a remote switch by MK India (Honeywell owned company). The remote is flimsy, but since it works on IR, I can control it using my Logitech 525 Universal Remote.

I was inquiring on Color Changing Downlighters...
Yup, color changing focus lights are available and should cost around Rs.500 each. I am using single color (RED) and they are made up of some 30 LEDs and consume around 2.5 Watt each. They are super bright for the amount they consume. Brand I am using is Amtrex and comes with a 1 yr warranty.

I have used two single 3W LEDs to power my "Night Sky" Ceiling.

A couple of months back I bought LED strip lights here in Pune for Rs.250 per meter. They were available in single colors (5 or 6 color varieties) or a multicolored one. To power them I bought an adapter (1.0 ampere I think) that works for lengths upto 5 meters. Cost Rs.250.

A little more info about the LED strips: 3 LEDs are arranged in series, and this set of 3 LEDs keeps repeating (connected in parallel) along the length of the strip. The LEDs are SMDs (surface mounted devices) and are mounted directly on the flexible strip. Powering it requires 12V (4V per LED). You can cut this strip after every 3 LEDs to get the required length for your setup. The strip is adhesive-backed and can by stuck on any surface.

Last edited:
I am also trying to figure out how to install LED lighting in my false ceiling. So far I have contacted many vendors in Mumbai.

Most quotations I am getting is for around Rs500 per sqft to Rs1000 per sqft. Also they claim that I need around 2.5 points per sqft. Works out to 250 points for my 100 sqft room. Now this same work can be done for half the cost if Plastic Fibre Optic is used instead of Glass Fibre Optic. Whats the difference between the two?

I am also trying to figure out how to install LED lighting in my false ceiling. So far I have contacted many vendors in Mumbai.

Most quotations I am getting is for around Rs500 per sqft to Rs1000 per sqft. Also they claim that I need around 2.5 points per sqft. Works out to 250 points for my 100 sqft room. Now this same work can be done for half the cost if Plastic Fibre Optic is used instead of Glass Fibre Optic. Whats the difference between the two?

Raghav

Glass Fibre Optics are much better, if you want to wall wash the colors.

For eg : If your Plastic Fibre Optic gives you a throw upto 3-4 fts, using Glass Fibre Optics it will be approx. till 6-7 fts...

But, plz be aware if they are using the Fibre word, that means the Strip is not completely LED, its a mixture of LED with Fibre Optics, to increase the Glow, as Fibre Optics are much cheaper than LEDs...

Out here we are providing the complete 10mtr RGB LED Strip with 30 LEDs per mtr, with DMX-512 driver, without the DMX controller @ Rs.57,000 for Normal and Rs.63,000 for IP-65 (Water Proof)...Total Power Consumption is only 60 Watts including the DMX-512 Driver...Here DMX-512 Driver itself is Rs.21,000... These are the British LED Strips, even manufactured in UK... and here the Wall Wash is upto 15fts...These come with 3yrs Warranty against manufacturing defects...This system doesnt required a Controller as it has pre built settings to set it on individual colors and putting it on Rotating mode...as per your time settings...Thats the benefit of DMX-512 controller...

Anyways, i have given some specifications, so please check the same before purchasing it...

Check the Abstract AVR Link below...

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back