LED vs Plasma, to support Wii?

amitgaba13

Hi,
I have read a lot of threads and inclined towards a Plasma as compared to an LED (especially Panasonic with Neo Black Panel), i think 42ST30 which I am getting at Jumbo at 56k. My concern is a few blogs read Wii (or games which are more stationary) can cause burn in if played for longer durations. Can somebody please help me if Panasonic Plasma would support Wii, or LED would be a better choice?
Amit

Well I have a LG Plasma for past 3 years now and have been playing Wii on it without issues. My brother got a Pana Plasma last year and has been playing Wii on it as well. There have been no burn in issues. Hope you are not planning to use the TV for commercial gaming usage with Wii as a console, in that case you may consider a LED. Minus that Wii + TV viewing Plasma does a neat job.

Hi,
I have read a lot of threads and inclined towards a Plasma as compared to an LED (especially Panasonic with Neo Black Panel), i think 42ST30 which I am getting at Jumbo at 56k. My concern is a few blogs read Wii (or games which are more stationary) can cause burn in if played for longer durations. Can somebody please help me if Panasonic Plasma would support Wii, or LED would be a better choice?
Amit

Playing with Wii is not an issue. But check if it is demo piece. That can be a big problem !!! Check how many hours it has run before paying the money!!! And never buy a demo piece plasma however cheap you get it !!!

I have played wii on my samsung 46 inch 1080p for 3 years and now on my 720p panny 50 incher. LCD is definitely a bit crisper - but 50 inches for such a price - super happy with Plasma - end of the day - Wii outputs either in NTSC or PAL depending on where you bought it and TVs bought in India play all formats

plasma no doubt will give you a better picture even the mid end ones than higher value leds.even in showrooms....
in home after calibration and good files/disks,and dark room..its surly a winner rather than leds....
even the hi end leds suffer from anguler view problem,whereas in plasma this problem is nil.

still for static images...its bettere to avoid it.

Last edited:
I hv a Sony 40" HX 850 & works very well with Wii when you use a good quality component cable (bought one on ebay) & change the Wii settings to 480p & 16:9 aspect ratio.

Plasma are nice in mid range TVs. Great picture quality if you like to watch movies, only brightness issue.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back