Led Zeppelin fever

eddie_fox

Hi guys,

I have, off late, been possessed by the gnawing desire to listen to some good Led Zeppelin albums on vinyl. Sadly, I have none in my collection. I am desperate to get my hands on any LPs, but preferably the following:

LED ZEPPELIN Mothership 180g Half Speed Remastered 4LP Set
LED ZEPPELIN REMASTERS 6 LP BOX SET or
Led Zeppelin Remasters UK 3-LP vinyl record (Triple Album)

I am willing to pay a decent (worthy) sum on these sets: thanks to an upcoming birthday and a promised gift ;)

I have been scouring the net for these collections and find them all in the range of 6000 - 7000 (and a lot more for the 6LP set) on ebay (uk/usa). I am wondering where if I can find it here in the Indian web or in Bangalore for the same or better rates... or do you think I am being plain silly and they aren't worth it? Should I buy a cd till i can find a cheaper used record?

All tips/suggestions welcome.... Thanks a lot.

As a Led Zep fan myself, I'd rather buy the studio albums rather than the compilations. Studio albums are pretty easy to get in lots over Ebay (assuming you're not too particular about the pressings). The compilations that you mentioned..those were available on Flipkart sometime early last year. But now I doubt you'd get them anywhere in India. Even getting them abroad would not be cheap. If it were me I'd rather buy the studio albums separately. Studio/live albums to me have more charm as compared to compilations :)

If you know anyone in the US/UK you can ask them to buy it locally there. Led Zep albums are fairly easy to get there at very reasonable prices.

Check this out :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Records-/176985/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=led+zeppelin+lot

Last edited:
As a Led Zep fan myself, I'd rather buy the studio albums rather than the compilations. Studio albums are pretty easy to get in lots over Ebay (assuming you're not too particular about the pressings). The compilations that you mentioned..those were available on Flipkart sometime early last year. But now I doubt you'd get them anywhere in India. Even getting them abroad would not be cheap. If it were me I'd rather buy the studio albums separately. Studio/live albums to me have more charm as compared to compilations :)

If you know anyone in the US/UK you can ask them to buy it locally there. Led Zep albums are fairly easy to get there at very reasonable prices.

Will do. I still have my UK pay pal account active. Will have to look for sellers who will ship to India though. Have to wait awhile for someone to bring them, so.

While searching through the dusty piles of used vinyl in dingy godowns across Delhi & Kolkata, I was lucky to find Led Zeppeling III, Houses of the Holy & In Through the Out Door Led Zep albums. Although, they are all Indian Pressings and the SQ is just north of decent, the sheer utopia of finding these was invaluable. The condition of the LPs is also Avg-Good. I still want to get the other early albums by the band.

While searching through the dusty piles of used vinyl in dingy godowns across Delhi & Kolkata, I was lucky to find Led Zeppeling III, Houses of the Holy & In Through the Out Door Led Zep albums. Although, they are all Indian Pressings and the SQ is just north of decent, the sheer utopia of finding these was invaluable. The condition of the LPs is also Avg-Good. I still want to get the other early albums by the band.

LedZep are fairly common, though you need to pay a premium owing to the widespread demand. Just last Saturday a friend of mine was showing off his newly acquired In Through The Out Door, a Japanese obi (sash) record wrapped in supermarket brown paper bag. The brown paper bag had the title, etc in indigo coloured rubber stamp! But the most important thing - the sonics - was quite ordinary to my ears.

There is a rumour going about in music circles that there will be remastered vinyl reissues of all Led Zep albums coming out this year. If I were you I'd hold off dropping big bucks on these just yet. Keep an eye out for good and cheap vintage copies in your local area. They are harder to come by but you might get lucky. I found a UK plum Atlantic label first pressing of LZ 3 at my raddiwalla for Rs 100.

sorry but this is a bit off-topic.

recently I was watching an interview of Kumar Sangakkara on Star Sports wherein he said he loves listening to Zeppelin. He went on to ask the audience (comprising children) if they knew who Led Zeppelin was. They all said "No". The anchor then had to remind Sangakkara that the average age of the audience was 12 :)

I would hold off on buying any Led Zeppelin product for now as Jimmy Page is working on remastering and upgrading all the albums for release as deluxe editions. Led Zeppelin I, II and III are set for release this year and the others will follow in the next few years. Or at least that's what Jimmy Page has said in a recent interview. I'm pretty certain there will be new vinyl versions of the albums too.

sorry but this is a bit off-topic.

recently I was watching an interview of Kumar Sangakkara on Star Sports wherein he said he loves listening to Zeppelin. He went on to ask the audience (comprising children) if they knew who Led Zeppelin was. They all said "No". The anchor then had to remind Sangakkara that the average age of the audience was 12 :)

I do empathise with Sanga. Forget 12 year olds, I lived in the UK for the last few years, mostly studying and then teaching at the university and the students there were not very aware of some their own greats. It took me by surprise. Kids who are 20ish have generally not heard of the British greats like Floyd, Zeppelin, The Who, Kinks, Jethrotull, Dire straits, Sex pistols, Sabbath...even glam rock gods from their part of the world like Bowie, Queen are not easily remembered by their youth today.
Well, so much for the country that gave the world some of the greatest ever rock bands.. Rock certainly is dying, if not dead there... sad!

I would hold off on buying any Led Zeppelin product for now as Jimmy Page is working on remastering and upgrading all the albums for release as deluxe editions. Led Zeppelin I, II and III are set for release this year and the others will follow in the next few years. Or at least that's what Jimmy Page has said in a recent interview. I'm pretty certain there will be new vinyl versions of the albums too.

I just found that out too... YAY!!!!!:clapping:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back