LFE on Pioneer SC-LX57

blore_boy

Hello all, sometime ago I put together my very own HTS (thanks to various folks on HIFIVISION :):)). I use a Pioneer SC-LX57 along with a SVS PB1000 subwoofer.

I have noticed that when I play videos with multichannel audio coded in, then and only then will the subwoofer work. Even my PS3 games support multichannel, hence sub works. But, when I play a video(or an mp3) which has only 2 channel audio, the subwoofer does NOT work. Is there anyway to make the sub work in such a scenario???

Is there a method to force the amp to output signals, say, under X hz - to the sub by way of LFE?? That way I can set a default frequency( <50Hz ), which when the amp encounters, it directly sends to the sub.

The music I listen to has bass (loads of it!!) and it is sad that I am unable to hear it through my sub... :sad::sad:

-blore_boy!!!!!! :eek:hyeah:

Most AVR's can do what you want.

* Keep Front Speaker as "Small" in Speaker Setting
* Set the a particular crossover which you want in crossover setting. eg."100hz"
In such scenario all the all frequency below 100 will play in Sub and above will play in Front Speakers

Hello all, sometime ago I put together my very own HTS (thanks to various folks on HIFIVISION :):)). I use a Pioneer SC-LX57 along with a SVS PB1000 subwoofer.

I have noticed that when I play videos with multichannel audio coded in, then and only then will the subwoofer work. Even my PS3 games support multichannel, hence sub works. But, when I play a video(or an mp3) which has only 2 channel audio, the subwoofer does NOT work. Is there anyway to make the sub work in such a scenario???

Is there a method to force the amp to output signals, say, under X hz - to the sub by way of LFE?? That way I can set a default frequency( <50Hz ), which when the amp encounters, it directly sends to the sub.

The music I listen to has bass (loads of it!!) and it is sad that I am unable to hear it through my sub... :sad::sad:

-blore_boy!!!!!! :eek:hyeah:
U have to do this in settings , dont use pure mode in music it will be only 2.0

Most AVR's can do what you want.

* Keep Front Speaker as "Small" in Speaker Setting
* Set the a particular crossover which you want in crossover setting. eg."100hz"
In such scenario all the all frequency below 100 will play in Sub and above will play in Front Speakers

Thanks, it worked. Switched the speakers to small and my sub woofer came alive..... ITS ALIVE!!!!!!:cheers:

There is other way
Set subwoofer to plus and you can get sound from sub in stereo mode too
You set can freq to 80hz

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back