LG 47LA6910 Review

@juwel , I agree with shrey7 that even if there is some difference between TV quality/features you must buy la6910 since price difference is very small. Anyway check with salesman. I know one difference that la6620 is sold only in LG Shoppe and not available in other stores.

Is the price of 94k and 85k for with current LG offer (as in Ads and website) of 22 inch TV along with it ? Even without that this price seems good ! But ensure you get fresh piece and not demo one.

Can anybody suggest me about the best price for 47la6910, I am from mysore. And what we need yo check to ensure that tv is without any errors. I mean the from the first look.

Hi Juwel,

Bajaj Electronics is the right place to buy LG TV, their pricing is accurate.

Always tell salesman that you are getting same T.V for less price in Croma or some other place, give them accurate pricing.

For example: if you are getting it for 90k tell them in other showroom they are offering for 85k.

Last edited:
Hi Juwel,

Bajaj Electronics is the right place to buy LG TV, their pricing is accurate.

Always tell salesman that you are getting same T.V for less price in Croma or some other place, give them accurate pricing.

For example: if you are getting it for 90k tell them in other showroom they are offering for 85k.

I do agree with this. I went to Aadishwar and asked for the price of Sony 42". In internet, the best price is around 43K and they quoted initially 55K and finally came to the same price of what I wanted. Though my friend didn't buy it :rolleyes:

Juwel,

After your final decision before billing ask salesman that you need an assurance for sealed T.V.

If you handle them smartly they would be willing to do anything.

Now check if product is available in the same store. Tell him that you want to see it after billing just to make sure its sealed..
If you are lucky enough then he will take you there. Now take a marker or Pen and then draw some lines across the original tape or seal and then write down the serial no.

If you are planning on buying T.V tomorrow evening, call LG customer care before hand and tell them T.V is already delivered and need immediate installation.
Schedule installation for next day or on the same day of T.V delivery.. that's what i did and it worked :)

After delivery just verify everything - seals and clips.
Ask installation guy if the box was opened before, he would be able to tell you. Take an assurance from him.

After installation without wasting time just go to Settings >> Support >> Product and service info
Now this will tell you usage time. If usage time is more than 1 hour, contact salesman immediately for replacement.

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I bought this TV(47 la6910) one month back and just want to share my Experience with it.
I am very much eagerly waiting for this TV once i booked it at croma retail kormanagala, Bangalore. I bought it for 1,03,000 along with 22 LED tv.

Might be i have spent a lot on this, but with another 22 LED TV(MRP is 16k), i thought this is good deal.

I am newly Married, even we are thinking to replace my old TV at my home town. SO thought this works with my requirement.

2D HD content Display is Awesome.
2D-3D Conversion is good.
3D content excellent, but i see some blureness or cross talk some time (might be bcoz of the quality of the video/ not tuned the 3D settings).
Smart Features are excellent.
Magic Remote is awesome.

3D world Content- You should require a very very high speed internet to load this content(i have 10mbps internet,s till it takes time for loading, i do know that loading Large content that too 3D takes time. High Speed internet is must).

Check your Usage as soon as get this system mounted it should be 1 or 0 not more than 1hr. If it is above 1 insist for new piece.

Picture Quality is Excellent.

One concern that i had with this TV is with 3D only(which i was much liked/excited feature with this tv). Some time i feel i am not getting the optimal output, is there any specific settings/tunings that are suggested for 3D content and please also specify some 3D movies / videos which i can feel the optimal 3D projection from this TV.

Over all i am loving it.. with 47 Inch sleek bezel this looks outstanding.

Thanks & Regards,
Rushi.

One concern that i had with this TV is with 3D only(which i was much liked/excited feature with this tv). Some time i feel i am not getting the optimal output, is there any specific settings/tunings that are suggested for 3D content and please also specify some 3D movies / videos which i can feel the optimal 3D projection from this TV.

Hi Rushi, Congrats and Welcome to LA6910 Club :clapping:

Is it the 3D Popout effect which you are talking about ? Once the 3D mode is active and if you hit SETTINGS, there is a option to tweak the 3D SETTINGS and since I do not fully understand your issue, you might have to try playing around with it.

All the LG 3D Demo content are available in YouTube and it has pretty good popout effects so give it a try. I own a IMAX SPACE STATION and its really a treat for 3D. Happy viewing :)

Are you talking about the crosstalk ? Why don't you call the LG guys to run you through all the settings and have them configure the 3D for better effects.

hi guys i bought the 42LA6910 on sunday for 76k after discount @ croma mumbai... the 47'' was available for 93k and we almost bought that but then since our place in not that big we went for the 42'' and that was a good decision coz damn this tv is big for my place lol...

i checked for the usage hours etc and yeah it was a new set and not a display set but i wonder if u do a factory reset does the usage hour get reset to....

also i have a query i have like a screen guard like something on the screen which is not noticeable unless u go right up to the screen and look, so my question is do i need to take that off or let it be on and also if i leave it on would it effect the 3D quality etc coz i know that it does make the screen less brighter coz on the bottom edge of teh screen i can see that the screen guard or whatever is not applied right to the bottom its again not noticeable unless u go close to the screen or just stare at the bottom of the screen...

also i read something about some run in period of the screen is that true if so whats the does and don't....

:yahoo:

I think it's the anti-glare protection so keep it on if you don't notice it much. Then again, we never had one. Do you see a "tick" on one corner of the TV like we see on new out of box phones. Then again, if it's anti-reflective or anti-glare then it wouldn't come off so easy.

Only remove if the manual or something on the TV says "remove the coating". It might be anti-reflective or anti-glare thing of some sort. Might also void your warranty :'(

Oww, this is a bazel-less model, I mean the glass comes all the way to the edges, right ? This explains the coating. All models with bazel won't notice this as the coating goes through the bazel covering the glass. As this is a bazel-less design, the sides of the coating can be seen from outside few mm off the edges covering the display area.

DON'T REMOVE THE COATING !!! YOU REMOVE THAT, WARRANTY GOES PUTT !!!

yeah this is the bazel less model and no i didnt remove the coating as i wasn't sure about it... thanks for ur reply

just some pics not so great pics lol...

i am still playing around with the settings etc... also damn glad that i went for this tv coz other than the 3d i bloody love the smart features as well as the picture quality and i think its damn good, all and all i am just loving the tv...

the first few days my eyes were struggling with the 3d effects where as everyone else were able to enjoy the 3d effects now my eyes have finally got used to it or something, if that makes any sense lol and i can enjoy it to or i dunno if its coz i bought some new glasses from ebay (real d 3d glasses )... its been just a week since i bought the tv still playing with the settings...

Attachments

• 2013-11-25 12.18.17.jpg
    2013-11-25 12.18.17.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 2013-11-25 11.41.57.jpg
    2013-11-25 11.41.57.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 146
  • 2013-11-25 11.37.11.jpg
    2013-11-25 11.37.11.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 143
  • 2013-11-25 11.36.07.jpg
    2013-11-25 11.36.07.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 2013-11-25 20.12.44.jpg
    2013-11-25 20.12.44.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Hello all....I got my new 47LA6910 set installed yesterday and it feels great. Decided on this model after reading this thread (was evaluating Samsung and Sony also). Thanks to Narasimhan and all others who shared their experience/feedback.

I also have a query: I am unable to switch channels using my magic remote. It says ""Only available in TV input....". How do I fix this?
FYI: The connection between my settop box and TV is through the conventional cables (yellow/red/white).(I think it is called composite cable?). I connected using the HDMI cable too...however the same message.

Any suggestions please?

Hello all....I got my new 47LA6910 set installed yesterday and it feels great. Decided on this model after reading this thread (was evaluating Samsung and Sony also). Thanks to Narasimhan and all others who shared their experience/feedback.

I also have a query: I am unable to switch channels using my magic remote. It says ""Only available in TV input....". How do I fix this?
FYI: The connection between my settop box and TV is through the conventional cables (yellow/red/white).(I think it is called composite cable?). I connected using the HDMI cable too...however the same message.

Any suggestions please?

Hi Rajkumar,

Firstly congrats on your new TV and welcome to LG 6910 club :clapping:

Its not possible to change channels using magic motion remote if you are using setup box (Conventional cables / HDMI)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back