LG 47LA6910 Review

Thanks Shrey7 and Windy Rider.

Wish you a very happy new year!

My brother-in-law bought a Samsung 6400 model. His TV remote is able to control the settop box and other devices connected to his TV. He mentioned that the Samsung technician connected an IR device to the IR port on the TV to enable this universal remote feature.

It (IR device) did not make much technical sense to me yet, however am curious to know what is the method in which I can use my LA6910 remote to control my settop box (at the least change channels).

Assuming that my LA6910 is technically more advanced, there definitely should me some mechanism....??

Warm regards,
Ravi

@Rakumar : Could you get more info on the IR module connected to the TV .

For the 6910 model the equivalent model us model 6900 seems to be able to control set- top box over HDMI uisng magic remote . It seems Indian models cannot do that .Did you try calling LG call center and asking ?

Thanks for the great review. Anyone who would have some knowledge about Sony Bravia planning to buy one. Please help.

Hi Windy Rider, I just checked with the LG technical guy, and am told it is not possible :(
Meanwhile, will get you the additional information about the IR device.

I am planning to buy 42la6910 in few months. In Chennai, where we can get this with proper pricing? I am also planning to buy ps4. Anyone used ps4 with 6910? Is there any time lag issues? Please post your views

Thanks,
Pandeesh

I am planning to buy 42la6910 in few months. In Chennai, where we can get this with proper pricing? I am also planning to buy ps4. Anyone used ps4 with 6910? Is there any time lag issues? Please post your views

Thanks,
Pandeesh

Hi Pandeesh,

If you are planing on buying PS4 along with TV then i would suggest you for SONY W850 or W900 Series.

SONY W850 has 120HZ panel which manages all PS4 games without any problem - you wont notice any lag:cool:

If you are planing on buying XBOX then with for LG

Last edited:
100000 maximum

LG 47'6910 should be available for 93 - 1L range for TV alone.. -20 approx for 42`
Sony 850a also in that range .Give both a look and pick your pick :)

I recently checked the display lag using screen mirroring method . It was ~50 ms in any picture mode (Its not too bad but not the best.Sony apparently has slightly better lower lag) .Both are good TV's though

Last edited:
Guys,

Which version of USB connection has this tv? (2.0 or 3.0).:confused:

Pl correct me if my question is inappropriate.

Guys,

Which version of USB connection has this tv? (2.0 or 3.0).:confused:

Pl correct me if my question is inappropriate.

Firmware 04.22

I updated my 6910 to the new firmware today. Earlier version was 04.04.10 and the new one 04.22.xx.

Some of the visible changes were
1. YouTube app with the playback bar totally changed ( what I mean is the bar which comes with the Play, Fwd, Next, Subscribe options).
2. Switiching between the Inputs (HDMI, AV) is now a lot quicker.

Weekend would be a good option for me to explore more on this.

Anybody else updated their set and noticed anything new ?? :)

@Narasimhan_M

Thanks for the update.. I am currently using Australian Firmware Version coz it has got some interesting apps and games.

@Shrey7 :How did u get the Aus firmware ? Just changed country :)

Yes, that all.. but i would recommend you doing a fresh install by FACTORY RESET.;)

Aus Version

GAMES
Spiderman, Batman and Team Awesome, specially 3D games :yahoo:

APPS
Quickflix, Bigpond Movies and tons of more apps :eek:hyeah:

Firmware 04.22

I updated my 6910 to the new firmware today. Earlier version was 04.04.10 and the new one 04.22.xx.

Some of the visible changes were
1. YouTube app with the playback bar totally changed ( what I mean is the bar which comes with the Play, Fwd, Next, Subscribe options).
2. Switiching between the Inputs (HDMI, AV) is now a lot quicker.

Weekend would be a good option for me to explore more on this.

Anybody else updated their set and noticed anything new ?? :)

I did manage to get my hands on Indian Firmware Update..
WoW.. now everything loads up very fast.. Specially YouTube App.
YouTube App is updated as well.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back