LG 47LA6910 Review

Thank you all: these are great updates. Thanks for sharing.
The update is in-progress as I am typing this reply. Eagerly waiting...

prgk13: I believe all the three USB ports on 6910 are 2.0. No USB 3.0 on 6910.

I upgraded the TV firmware and notice improvement in the Youtube functionality. Thank you all.

Need help sorting out an issue (47LA6910):
I bought an optical to analog (RC) audio signal convertor. I used this to connect my TV audio output to my music system (Sony), which did not have an optical input port.

The challenge now is: When I press the mute button on my TV remote, it does not mute the sound!!! (Everthing else is fine). Has any of you faced this?

Couple of other queries:
1. I see lot of buffering when steaming 3D content over WiFi. Is that normal?
My plan is to connect the TV directly to the Internet (wired) and see if that makes any difference.
2. While trying to gently wipe some smudges from the screen, I realized that the screen goes slightly inwards (at the edge) with any amout of light pressure. Is that normal?
(Some of the fingerprints are not going without some pressure and the manual asks me not to apply even water...)
3. I have at least four remotes now including the TV (TV, Setop box, Blue ray, HT), and am contemplating a universal remote. Would you recommend any specific brand/make/model?

Thank you.

I

Need help sorting out an issue (47LA6910):
I bought an optical to analog (RC) audio signal convertor. I used this to connect my TV audio output to my music system (Sony), which did not have an optical input port.

The challenge now is: When I press the mute button on my TV remote, it does not mute the sound!!! (Everthing else is fine). Has any of you faced this

Thank you.

May be the converter doesn't support volume control.. Can you post a link of the optical converter? BTW does volume control work on the device

Hi, has anyone tried screen mirroring from a nexus 4 (with kitkat 4.4) onto the LA 6910? Any info you have on how to or useful apps for this purpose would be helpful. Thank you.

I guess there's a built in option to detect and select the wireless display. Not from personal experience, but have seen few videos

Thank you. I did try that... The videos available are for older versions of android or they're using a miracast dongle on the TV. But on this one, the miracast feature is built in. I did try turning on WiFi direct on the TV and mobile. They detect each other, but after that, there's no option displayed either on the phone or the TV to cast the screen. So, was wondering if anyone here had tried it out :)

Do you need any app on your phone to get Miracast working ?

Like we use Panasonic TV Remote 2 on our phone for WiFi controlling.

Possibly yes. I did download the lg NFC app from the play store and it also downloaded the lg remote app like the Panasonic one. After that, using the NFC tag provided along with the TV, I was able to Link the devices (wasnt possible before the app) and cast my phone's screen onto the TV using WiFi direct (both devices didn't have to be on the same network). It worked ok, but was very laggy. The remote app was also able to show content from the TV on my mobile when they were on the same WiFi network! :clapping: all in all a very nice experience :) Got to explore this more.

Hey guys! I got the LG 42la6910 on saturday in Bangalore. Got it installed on sunday and I noticed backlight 'bleeding' also known as clouding - Hence got it replaced today and everything is as fine as ever :D Did my part of the research for about 2 months before finalizing this model and had another Panny LED tv in mind and plasma too. But this model seemed fine and 42 inches was exactly what I was looking for. Going for anything bigger than that would be out of mind because I already own a Panasonic Full HD Projector! So enjoying the TV for now and all seems fine and I'm happy about the choice I made to go for LG. This is my first LG TV ;)

Possibly yes. I did download the lg NFC app from the play store and it also downloaded the lg remote app like the Panasonic one. After that, using the NFC tag provided along with the TV, I was able to Link the devices (wasnt possible before the app) and cast my phone's screen onto the TV using WiFi direct (both devices didn't have to be on the same network). It worked ok, but was very laggy. The remote app was also able to show content from the TV on my mobile when they were on the same WiFi network! :clapping: all in all a very nice experience :) Got to explore this more.

Doesn''t look like the app allows you to view content from the mobile on the TV . They should have atleast allowed integration with default gallery , music and other apps using buit in sharing instead of restricting to use with the app only

Last edited:
@windy_rider: This is in regards to the IR device (for universal control) that we spoke of some time back; I came across the following text in the TVs user guide (under motion recognition section):
"If you are watching TV using a set-top box, install an IR blaster (ANBL100,
sold separately) to control the volume and the channel of the settop
box using Motion Recognition."

I am curious if anybody has tried this.
I called up the service center and they haven't heard about this device :)

Folks,

Last weekend was extra special for me. I got my 47" TV in October and finally after 4 months and frustrated with SUN DTH (SD Version), I bought TATA SKY HD.

I have been going through all the forums on the debate between Videocon and Tatasky. There were mixed reviews and another important factor favouring my decision was, in my apartment we have a centralized TS dish so no seperate dish required.

Sequence of events on Saturday
10.00 AM -> Called TS Chennai number and enquired about the cost and the installation date
10.15 AM -> Placed the order in the TS website
11.20 AM -> Got a call from the installation guy and promised installation before 5 PM
11.30 - 1.00PM -> Various SMS from TS on the order, my id and the installation time SLA
4.30 PM -> Installation guy knocking the door
4.45 PM -> Installation done
5.15 PM -> Service and ID activated
5.45 PM -> HD channels Activated
5.45 PM -> Drooling over the HD channels and was banging my head that what made me wait for 4 months

Total Cost
Rs 1699 and I opted for the South Special Pack and it includes 1 month free subscription and 1 ShowCase movie.

Thumbs for TataSky and its Service.

Picture Quality
The HD channels are top notch in PQ and Sound. The colors are so good and HD DTH is the way to go for all. Whatever seen in HD looks so amazing be it Sports, Movies or Discovery programs.
I could not see much difference in the SD channels between SUN and TS and SD PQ is slightly better in TS.
The UI is so good and way way better than SUN.

Universal Remote Feature
The TS remote has a Universal Remote feature and it can taught to operate the TV's volume control and can also power up/down the TV. This is so handy and no need to use the TV remote at all unless you adjust the TV settings. 90% of the time TS remote is what you need. Good thought by TS and thumbs up again.

TV PQ settings for TS
I feel the brightness level in TS broadcast is bit on the higher side. The brightness level I had set on my TV is 43 and for TS I have reduced it 31 and Gamma @ 2.2
This gives an excellent PQ across SD and HD, and makes HD superb.

Planning to subscribe to more HD channels (currently with 10) and will post more on the performance of TS on my LG TV

Last edited:
@ Narasimhan_M

Good to hear that you moved to TS HD.. im using Airtel HD and it has superb PQ.
If anybody a own HDTV then HD connection is must. If you can afford then go for HD DVR.

Heard TS showcase offering THOR 2 in 3D.. did you try it?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I got an offer for Rs.78 K for LG47 LA6910 Brand New in exchange for my 5 year old Hitachi 32 inch LCD in working condition, is it worth it, pls reply.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back