LG 47LA6910 Review

Hey Guys,

Just booked this awesome beast LG47 LA6910 Brand New for 78 k under exchange, delivery within 1-2 days.

I have a lot of movies on my desktop pc, which is the best option of watching those movies from as an external source, via USB pen drive or External Hard drive. Also can i download Bluray 3d movies & watch it through external source ??

Thanks in advance.

Thanks windy, already bought it for 78k against exchange of my 6 year old Hitachi 32 LCD.

Can you reply to my above query, what is better to play to get a good pq, usb pen drive or external hard disk.

Thanks.

Thanks windy, already bought it for 78k against exchange of my 6 year old Hitachi 32 LCD.

Can you reply to my above query, what is better to play to get a good pq, usb pen drive or external hard disk.

Thanks.

Quality of the movie does not depend on the media from which it is played,pendrive or harddisk.It depend on the format in which it is available,blueray mkv give better pq than simple mp4.full hd movie in 1080p will give better resolution than 720p movie. harddisk is no way different from a pendrive,except that it can store more data than pendrive.

Hello Rajesh, where u get exchanged offer.

Well I am in Mumbai, the guys at Kohinoor gave me the offer. But i eventually bought it from another dealer who is a family friend at the same rate of 78k under exchange. One branch at Chroma was offering me the same @ 75k under exchange but it was a display unit which i promptly refused. I think if you visit couple of large stores of Kohinoor & Chroma & if if you have a working 32 inch LCD, they mostly offer a good exchange deal against LG & Samsung, against Sony it is very less.

I got a quote of 72k for 42inch 6910 do you guys think it is a good price?

Seems a pretty good deal!
But, I have seen our FMs here bought the same from 69.5k to 74k without any offer. and in i've also seen one buying this for 78k with Bluray offer.
by the way, which place are u from? you could bargain a lot, if your city has enough showrooms/dealers.

Seems a pretty good deal!

But, I have seen our FMs here bought the same from 69.5k to 74k without any offer. and in i've also seen one buying this for 78k with Bluray offer.

by the way, which place are u from? you could bargain a lot, if your city has enough showrooms/dealers.

Hi thanks for your response, I am from Bangalore and this price quoted was from Ezone. I will try some other places, guys from bangalore can you provide suggestions of stores to negotiate.

So got this awesome beast, LG 47LA6910 installed yesterday, PQ on Tata Sky HD is amazing. Also bought the LG BP420 Blu Ray player, shopped 4 3D movies, Avatar, Gravity, Life Of Pi & Titanic. Passive 3D is just amazing, LG has completely nailed it on this front. Yet to explore the smart features & other customization with this one. Just a noob question, when watching a movie from Blue Ray player, the sound output is on the lower side even with max volume, the same output is great on the Tata Sky HD box. I tried all setting but unable to get a decent loud volume from the TV speakers while playing blu ray, do we need to hook external speakers or home theater to get a desired loud volume. So far really happy with the beast.

Ok, seems the Titanic 3D audio was crappy, just watched AVATAR 3D, even ay 25 the audio was loud with a lot of depth with surround sound, the 3D PQ was top notch as ever on this TV, so earlier apprehensions about the loudness via blu ray player playback has completely gone.

downloaded the LG smart remote Android app on my LG G2, working flawlessly including the arrow with a pad.

Got this awesome TV from Metro Cash N Carry. Got Hathway HD set top box also.Watched Gravity in 3D and was blown away.It has been an amazing experience till now.
I have one peculiar issue though. When I watch non-HD channels with HDMI input, the channels do not get displayed in full screen. I tried changing the aspect ratios as well. I need to change the input type to AVI to watch the channels in full screen.
So its a bit of juggelry now to switch between HDMI and AVI to watch HD and non-HD channels.
Is anyone else facing same problem?

Just watched Avengers 3D on Tata Sky HD+, also recorded it on the HD+ settopbox for future viewing, the 3D PQ was top notch on Tata Sky. With affordable pricing of just Rs. 100/- for 3D movies ,it makes a lot of sense then buying a bluray 3D for 1k onwards or a painful download of a 20 GB 3D movie, it's a win win for all.

Though this is highly subjective, i think the cinema mode on the LG 47LA6910 is the best mode to watch movies on HD channels via the Tata Sky, i say this after tinkering with a lot of user defined settings.

Got this awesome TV from Metro Cash N Carry. Got Hathway HD set top box also.Watched Gravity in 3D and was blown away.It has been an amazing experience till now.
I have one peculiar issue though. When I watch non-HD channels with HDMI input, the channels do not get displayed in full screen. I tried changing the aspect ratios as well. I need to change the input type to AVI to watch the channels in full screen.
So its a bit of juggelry now to switch between HDMI and AVI to watch HD and non-HD channels.
Is anyone else facing same problem?
Rajeev how much did you pay for the TV in Metro?

cptkamal,
Got it for 95k without any freebies.

@RajeshKaria: Are you able to watch SD channels in full screen mode when in HDMI input?

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back