LG C8 OLED Burn-in & other issues Discussion

Here is the burn-in test - one year update video from rtings site. Check this out.

If one watches TV as per RTINGs test mode, one will go blind and/or mad.
In such a condition, OLED burn in is the least of problems.

If you like a TV and can afford it, go get it guys.
There will be new tech every year. Can't sit and wait around for the perfect product.
Life is too short.

Cheers,
Raghu

To all the C8 owners...Have you wall mounted the TV or kept it on the stand ? With the stand the TV is quite a looker but my better half wants it to be wall mounted. What do you all suggest ?

I personally don't believe in wall mount for Indian condition. Dust and heat traps can be an issue.
If using stand mount, please ensure at least 6" clearance on all sides.
You don't want to accidentally bump into the panel.
Cheers,
Raghu

I personally don't believe in wall mount for Indian condition. Dust and heat traps can be an issue.
If using stand mount, please ensure at least 6" clearance on all sides.
You don't want to accidentally bump into the panel.
Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks Raghu. I shall keep your suggestions in mind.
Any suggestions regarding the initial settings after installation ?

Thanks Raghu. I shall keep your suggestions in mind.
Any suggestions regarding the initial settings after installation ?
Used RTINGs website as start point and tweaked to my room/eyes.
I have reduced OLED panel brightness a bit, just for sanity sake :)
Most other experiments were LAN/WiFi, sound, input/output and general setup as per my usage.
Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
bought LG c8 65 inch yesterday.Any suggestions on How to watch Hotstar ( GOT).
Google chromecast or fire tv stick 4k.
Please suggest
Thanks
GBK

CC will require a device to launch apps, like mobile or tablet
I think firestick has app resident on it.

I use Chromecast ultra for apps not native to LG

Cheers,
Raghu

Or wait for Samsung's Micro LEDs to become more affordable (over next 3-4 years) if burn-in's will take away your peace of mind :)
Yes, I too was considering future tech for 6 months before I got my oled. The problem is 6 months after I moved to a new house I lived without a tv browsing about this and that wasting my energy and time. I had burn in issues with my first panel. After getting it replaced by lg, I continued my viewing habits. The new panel doesn't have this issue. So I am skeptical about the rtings report. Depending upon panel lottery you may or may not get a burn in. I have a friend of mine who plays Xbox on his c8 every day at least for 2 hours for the last few months. No burn in so far.

The point is, when micro led comes out, it will have some new flaw. Then we will have to wait for a tech which doesn't have that problem too.

Who knows we have the same eyesight, or money at the time when it comes out. ;)

Absolutely, if we start fretting over what my current tech does not have rather than what it has, where is the joy in buying electronics :) 1 year plus and the joy my C7 gives today is still unbeatable. And the pleasure of 65" viewing is priceless :D My dad is always happy to drop hints that anytime I want to give away my TV, he will be a happy recipient!

Got vertical banding within 4 months of purchase. I was assured of 1 year warranty. So is this defect covered in warranty and would I get a new replacement panel? Has anyone else faced a similar issue?

Got vertical banding within 4 months of purchase. I was assured of 1 year warranty. So is this defect covered in warranty and would I get a new replacement panel? Has anyone else faced a similar issue?
Usually vertical banding is covered in warranty. I had changed a Samsung panel which had a vertical banding within 6 months of purchase.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back