LG C8 OLED Burn-in & other issues Discussion

hi- Does the voice commands for controlling Tv functions as volume up/down-change channels- change inputs ..ask for the weather etc still work for anyone on the B6? It used to work perfectly but stopped like a more than year or so back..figured it would be back on future updates..but it hasn't. Now it simply searches youtube and and the net. All tv functions gone...is this a LG thing for trying to force people to go for their new AI tv's? contacted Customer service and their reply was nothing short of frustrating and shone of ignorance . They said "the b6 doesn't support it" well I used the it to control tv functions for more than 2 years or so till it stopped working...and Im pretty sure i was not hallucinating. Thoughts? can anyone pls check and let me know..thanks
Ishan

hi- Does the voice commands for controlling Tv functions as volume up/down-change channels- change inputs ..ask for the weather etc still work for anyone on the B6? It used to work perfectly but stopped like a more than year or so back..figured it would be back on future updates..but it hasn't. Now it simply searches youtube and and the net. All tv functions gone...is this a LG thing for trying to force people to go for their new AI tv's? contacted Customer service and their reply was nothing short of frustrating and shone of ignorance . They said "the b6 doesn't support it" well I used the it to control tv functions for more than 2 years or so till it stopped working...and Im pretty sure i was not hallucinating. Thoughts? can anyone pls check and let me know..thanks
Ishan
On my b7 the only voice command which works is for searching something. Never knew that could be used for controlling other functuons. Sceptical about it as I think it needs some ai for such functions. Search in turn sends the voice to google for results which is not preocessed by the tv.

To all the C8 owners...Have you wall mounted the TV or kept it on the stand ? With the stand the TV is quite a looker but my better half wants it to be wall mounted. What do you all suggest ?
I would go with better half if you want peace at home :p;):)

For the last one month I had been gaming with a xbox One x. But not the same game not for more than 3 hours.(that's the max I can handle before my eyes hurt.) No sign of burn in. I am assuming that the burn in thing with gaming is overrated. By the way, it's stunningly beautiful on oled.

This has been a looming question for me for too long. I am in the process of finalizing a TV in 55" size. My choices Q6, X900f and the C8. One thing that's bothering me is the potential burn in problem of C8 particularly on the DTH logo area. Has anyone using the TV with DTH faced such problem?

Does anyone use OLED’s with subtitles always on ?
I don’t use DTH, only streaming and 4k movies. I just don’t know if subtitles can cause a burn in just like a news ticker, although they keep on changing they are in the same area for same app.
Rtings.com have reported subtitles burn in.
Also about burn in warranty , I contacted LG and they are denying coverage for burn in.
I am thinking about buying the C8.

Does anyone use OLED’s with subtitles always on ?
I don’t use DTH, only streaming and 4k movies. I just don’t know if subtitles can cause a burn in just like a news ticker, although they keep on changing they are in the same area for same app.
Rtings.com have reported subtitles burn in.
Also about burn in warranty , I contacted LG and they are denying coverage for burn in.
I am thinking about buying the C8.
I always use subtitles. In Netflix you can make the subtitles semi transparent through browser. Then do a Reload Netflix from the settings on the TV app. This will reduce the chances of burn-in.

Hello Guys!
I'm thinking of buying a LG C8 but worried about the burn in issue. Don't want my TV to become useless just after a year or 2. Need suggestion whether burn in will be a issue for me or not. I watch at least a movie everyday and severl episodes of different TV series on Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, videos on youtube and downloaded movies. I use it for around 10 hours everyday. I use subtitles all of the time as I watch movies/series in many languages. Will hotstar logo be a problem? I also read Sony's user manual for their A8F model and they advised not to watch many movies with black bars on top and bottom. I do watch movies with that very regularly. Should I go for OLED? As far as I think, I will burn in my OLED within a year or two. What do you guys suggest. I really love the OLED quality but don't want to compromise with my viewing habits, don't want to always plan what and how to watch to save my OLED (it just beats the purpose) should I go with Samsung Q90R, Sony 900F?

Hello Guys!
I'm thinking of buying a LG C8 but worried about the burn in issue. Don't want my TV to become useless just after a year or 2. Need suggestion whether burn in will be a issue for me or not. I watch at least a movie everyday and severl episodes of different TV series on Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, videos on youtube and downloaded movies. I use it for around 10 hours everyday. I use subtitles all of the time as I watch movies/series in many languages. Will hotstar logo be a problem? I also read Sony's user manual for their A8F model and they advised not to watch many movies with black bars on top and bottom. I do watch movies with that very regularly. Should I go for OLED? As far as I think, I will burn in my OLED within a year or two. What do you guys suggest. I really love the OLED quality but don't want to compromise with my viewing habits, don't want to always plan what and how to watch to save my OLED (it just beats the purpose) should I go with Samsung Q90R, Sony 900F?
Go for OLED. If you keep the OLED light below 80 there won’t be burnin issue. I have been using with subtitles since day 1 and black bar movies but never ever saw even image retention yet.

Go for OLED. If you keep the OLED light below 80 there won’t be burnin issue. I have been using with subtitles since day 1 and black bar movies but never ever saw even image retention yet.
Thanks for replying, bro. How long you've been using it and how many hours you use it for everyday?

Thanks for replying, bro. How long you've been using it and how many hours you use it for everyday?
I got mine only last month. I had same worries as yours but after using the tv for 100+ ours I think it was my best decision to buy OLED. I think if you use it carefully you will have no issues. As long as you watch mixed content you don't have to worry. If you plan to watch same news channel for 8 hours everyday then OLED may not be for you.

I got mine only last month. I had same worries as yours but after using the tv for 100+ ours I think it was my best decision to buy OLED. I think if you use it carefully you will have no issues. As long as you watch mixed content you don't have to worry. If you plan to watch same news channel for 8 hours everyday then OLED may not be for you.
I would like reinstate that the burn in issue thing is too blown up in Internet. Of course u can make a burn in on the oled. But logic suggests that a person who is willing to spend this money for quality, will be lookong forward to See sone quality Content like 4k series or blu Ray or HDTV on this. I don't think that someone would buy oled only to watch news. If u watch 70 percent of the time news and still if ur habits are mixed with movie watching or other program watching I would say its still fine. In my case I use it with Xbox one x most of the time, playing pubg or sone other games. When i dont game i watch netflix, prime and YouTube. Despite gaming, since things are mixed I am confident in gaming more on it. To say, u cannot play pubg better than this from a console. Wish I had gone for a high end gaming PC, but I needed a 4k blu ray player too. ;)

I would like reinstate that the burn in issue thing is too blown up in Internet. Of course u can make a burn in on the oled. But logic suggests that a person who is willing to spend this money for quality, will be lookong forward to See sone quality Content like 4k series or blu Ray or HDTV on this. I don't think that someone would buy oled only to watch news. If u watch 70 percent of the time news and still if ur habits are mixed with movie watching or other program watching I would say its still fine. In my case I use it with Xbox one x most of the time, playing pubg or sone other games. When i dont game i watch netflix, prime and YouTube. Despite gaming, since things are mixed I am confident in gaming more on it. To say, u cannot play pubg better than this from a console. Wish I had gone for a high end gaming PC, but I needed a 4k blu ray player too. ;)
Also, another surprise today I had was the quality difference between blu ray and netflix. Till now I never had the same movies on blu ray and streaming to have a A-B test. Some time ago, I compared few scenes of Dunkirk on netflix (1080p) and its blu ray on xbox (1080p version) and same movie"s 4k HDR version on blu ray. There was a clearly noticeable improvement on 1080p blu itself compared to netflix. I never thought streaming compression can be noticeable.

Actually the thing is, I watch a hell lot of movies with black bars and subtitles and Sony itself warns in its OLED TV owner's manual that avoid watching lot of movies black bars on top/bottom and sides. The biggest problem is the lack of freedom. I will pay 2.5L for a TV and I cannot watch what I want all the time. This compromise is the biggest deal breaker for me. I've been reading many suggestions on different forums that to avoid all this lower the brightness/OLED light, avoid watching this or that and blah blah blah. What's the point of buying such an exceptional TV if you cannot enjoy it to the fullest all of the time. That's a monumental drawback of this technology. On Rtings.com burn in test, 7100 hours of watching content with subtitles caused significant burn in. In my case that will be just 27 months.

Actually the thing is, I watch a hell lot of movies with black bars and subtitles and Sony itself warns in its OLED TV owner's manual that avoid watching lot of movies black bars on top/bottom and sides. The biggest problem is the lack of freedom. I will pay 2.5L for a TV and I cannot watch what I want all the time. This compromise is the biggest deal breaker for me. I've been reading many suggestions on different forums that to avoid all this lower the brightness/OLED light, avoid watching this or that and blah blah blah. What's the point of buying such an exceptional TV if you cannot enjoy it to the fullest all of the time. That's a monumental drawback of this technology. On Rtings.com burn in test, 7100 hours of watching content with subtitles caused significant burn in. In my case that will be just 27 months.
You should go for QLED tv if these issues concerns you. It cannot match OLED PQ but you will have peace of mind. There are lot of new technologies coming in LCD panels as well e.g ULED tvs from Hisense but sadly they are not available in India yet. Latest line up of QLED from Samsung have better viewing angle but again not available in India yet.

I had this issue in my TV in the First 2 months. They replaced the panel. Like I had written here previously I continued my viewing habits , if not i made it worse by playing games. The new panel despite lot of abuse did not have any issues. Rtings guys are blowing up the issue too much.moreover a person should not buy any decent TV if his viewing habits are like that. Mine is already 1.5 years.my older lg and Samsung LCD TVs had multiple problem with this time period of 1.5 years. Samsungs panel had lines, lg had problems with its mainboard and became useless.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back