LG C8 OLED Burn-in & other issues Discussion

I had this issue in my TV in the First 2 months. They replaced the panel. Like I had written here previously I continued my viewing habits , if not i made it worse by playing games. The new panel despite lot of abuse did not have any issues. Rtings guys are blowing up the issue too much.moreover a person should not buy any decent TV if his viewing habits are like that. Mine is already 1.5 years.my older lg and Samsung LCD TVs had multiple problem with this time period of 1.5 years. Samsungs panel had lines, lg had problems with its mainboard and became useless.
Every TV or any electronic device may have technical or manufacturing defect or any other issue, but it happens to few people and you don't know whether your TV will have any problem or not, in most cases, it won't. But, when you're buying an OLED you do know that if you use this TV in a particular manner it will burn in (not talking about abuse, just significantly more usage than an average user). Even the manufacturers know this drawback and thats why they don't cover it under warranty even for the 1st year. They say its a problem of usage pattern, which is ridiculous.

You should go for QLED tv if these issues concerns you. It cannot match OLED PQ but you will have peace of mind. There are lot of new technologies coming in LCD panels as well e.g ULED tvs from Hisense but sadly they are not available in India yet. Latest line up of QLED from Samsung have better viewing angle but again not available in India yet.
I considered buying Samsung QLEDs, Q70 and Q90. Everything is fine except one weird problem. All my 1080p or 720p contents especially from 2000s or older looked absolutely ridiculous with heavy pixels and grains than the original content. I tweaked everything and tried different settings but it didn't look any better. Those same files played incredibly fine on my 4 years old 55" Samsung 4K LED. I don't know what to do about this problem. Let me know if guys have any idea about this.

Every TV or any electronic device may have technical or manufacturing defect or any other issue, but it happens to few people and you don't know whether your TV will have any problem or not, in most cases, it won't. But, when you're buying an OLED you do know that if you use this TV in a particular manner it will burn in (not talking about abuse, just significantly more usage than an average user). Even the manufacturers know this drawback and thats why they don't cover it under warranty even for the 1st year. They say its a problem of usage pattern, which is ridiculous.

Have you got issues with your oled?

Movies. About 2-3 hour's daily. No sports as in my HT room where this tv is there I have disconnected tatasky.

C8 is good. Been using for last two years. Go for it. But get free comprehensive 2 years warranty for peace of mind.

I did have major hassles with earliest 55” Oled model. The company replaced it with C8.
What problems u had? I guess no warranty covers burn in problem.

Hello guys,
I am thinking of buying a c8 this week as prices have come down a lot. I wanted to know regarding the warranty for the tv from lg. Is it 1year on tv and additional 1 year on panel or just 1year on tv??

I am planning to get it from reliance digital kolkata.

Hello guys,
I am thinking of buying a c8 this week as prices have come down a lot. I wanted to know regarding the warranty for the tv from lg. Is it 1year on tv and additional 1 year on panel or just 1year on tv??

I am planning to get it from reliance digital kolkata.
1 year on TV and Second year on Panel only.

I am curious @ honor tv on 10 August with 8k support and 4k with 120 fps,onepluse TV with new innovative ideas and redmi 70 inch cheap tv. This diwali will fluded with cheap and new TV's.

So any issue in panel except burnin will be replaced right?? Should i get extended warranty separately??
Ideally yes but I would also expect burn-in to be covered. It depends on case by case but I think LG will honor it.

As far as extended warranty is concerned, it is way too expemsive. My personal opinion would be to invest that money somewhere and forget about it. If there are issues in TV after 2-3 years use that money or else money and interest both are yours!

Ideally yes but I would also expect burn-in to be covered. It depends on case by case but I think LG will honor it.

As far as extended warranty is concerned, it is way too expemsive. My personal opinion would be to invest that money somewhere and forget about it. If there are issues in TV after 2-3 years use that money or else money and interest both are yours!

I am getting extended warranty for around 10k from reliance digital. Also i checked for one assist and they are quoting something around 8.8k. Maybe i will skip the extended warranty.

Regarding pixel burnin warranty, i was checking the lg warranty policy. It is mentioned that pixel burn for 4 to 12 pixels is not considered a damage. So it will not be covered. More than that maybe, they will replace.

I am getting extended warranty for around 10k from reliance digital. Also i checked for one assist and they are quoting something around 8.8k. Maybe i will skip the extended warranty.

Regarding pixel burnin warranty, i was checking the lg warranty policy. It is mentioned that pixel burn for 4 to 12 pixels is not considered a damage. So it will not be covered. More than that maybe, they will replace.
10k for extended warranty? Are you referring to 55 inch or 65 inch? I was quoted around 33k for 3rd year extended warranty from Reliance Digital for 65C8. And LG quoted me around 80k for 3rd and 4th year extended warranty.

10k for extended warranty? Are you referring to 55 inch or 65 inch? I was quoted around 33k for 3rd year extended warranty from Reliance Digital for 65C8. And LG quoted me around 80k for 3rd and 4th year extended warranty.

I think the 10K warranty is the one offered by reliance digital... I'm also thinking about going for One assist extended warranty but need to check the feeback / reviews they have..

10k for 55inch 1 year from reliance digital. 2nd year around 20k and so on. I also called lg. They mentioned 8k for 1 year if bought within 30days of tv purchase. 11k after 30days. For 2nd year something around 22k. And 3rd year i think they mentioned 28k

I think the 10K warranty is the one offered by reliance digital... I'm also thinking about going for One assist extended warranty but need to check the feeback / reviews they have..
Feedbacks are very bad regarding one assist. Also feedbacks are very bad regarding reliance resq. Most of the people have complained about terms and conditions. Dont know why they have given such bad reviews when the things about which they complained were already mentioned in terms and conditions. Need to read the t&c properly.

Feedbacks are very bad regarding one assist. Also feedbacks are very bad regarding reliance resq. Most of the people have complained about terms and conditions. Dont know why they have given such bad reviews when the things about which they complained were already mentioned in terms and conditions. Need to read the t&c properly.

During a telephonic conversion with One assist customer care they mentioned they will cover whatever is covered under manufacturer's warranty. Now though LG has been covering burn in issues within warranty period i dont think this is explicitly mentioned anywhere, so wondering how 3rd party companies will consider coverage for burn in issues...

10k for 55inch 1 year from reliance digital. 2nd year around 20k and so on. I also called lg. They mentioned 8k for 1 year if bought within 30days of tv purchase. 11k after 30days. For 2nd year something around 22k. And 3rd year i think they mentioned 28k

Do you mean for 55 inch OLED TV LG offers 1 year extended warranty for 8K if bought within 30 days ?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back