LG C8 OLED Burn-in & other issues Discussion

The Tv is just out of the box. Have been using it for around 30 minutes, after which i clicked this. Lets wait, if it does not go after 10 15 hours, will ask for replacement. Will the entire Tv be replaced or only the panel??
Whole tv as it is new. I got mine replaced twice for screen issues.

Y

Yup same here. How many days does this take to go away?? Not an issue right??
Mine started getting lesser and and lesser visible 20 hrs onwards and now I am at almost 100 and it has gone. Sometime after watching HDR content I do see very mild bars if I try too look very hard on the grey screens, but only for a few seconds and it goes away.

Does AMC cover burn-in issues. AMC costs 50000 rupees for 1 year for 65inches c8

Last edited:
Update : completed around 15 hours of watching. The cinemascope bars had started fading away from 7 hours and now are almost not there. If trying to look very hard, then can be seen a bit. Hope this also goes away in time.

Thanks all

Update : completed around 15 hours of watching. The cinemascope bars had started fading away from 7 hours and now are almost not there. If trying to look very hard, then can be seen a bit. Hope this also goes away in time.

Thanks all
It will for sure. After 20 hours do a pixel refresher once to see if that helps.

It will for sure. After 20 hours do a pixel refresher once to see if that helps.

One thing i would like to know is that how do you understand when the auto pixel refresher is running?? the setting is set to run when tv is off. i switch off the tv and keep it in standby mode but do not see any activity. can you tell me how to identify this??

One thing i would like to know is that how do you understand when the auto pixel refresher is running?? the setting is set to run when tv is off. i switch off the tv and keep it in standby mode but do not see any activity. can you tell me how to identify this??
It runs in the background hence it is not recommended to power off your tv and always keep on standby. I have not seen any visible activity myself but heard some horizontal or vertical lines are visible sometimes. Also every time you watch for more than 4 hours at a stretch it auto triggers pixel refresher when you put your tv in standby.

Casting will never be great quality compared to direct from app or chromecast
Why. It is not casting screen. If you have the cast button built in the app (i.e. Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, Sony Liv have it) then you can go upto 1080p and casting is very smooth.

It runs in the background hence it is not recommended to power off your tv and always keep on standby. I have not seen any visible activity myself but heard some horizontal or vertical lines are visible sometimes. Also every time you watch for more than 4 hours at a stretch it auto triggers pixel refresher when you put your tv in standby.
Many places i read it runs only when the tv is off means in standby.

No don’t ever run the pixel refresher explicitly unless there are signs of burn-in. Its is never recommended to run as it is reduces the life of the panel however slightly . You can google all about it if you want.
Just let the 4 hourly auto pixel refresher do its job.
You will not find it anywhere. But I know how to see that the pixel refresher is running in standby.This is how-
Always keep a usb powered external hard drive with led connected to the usb 3.0 port. When you put the tv on standby; If the hard drive led stays on then it means the pixel refresh is running and it takes around 6m30s (approx) to complete the pixel refresh after which the led on hard drive goes off.
When the pixel refresher is not running the led light on the hard drive will go off almost immediately on putting the tv on standby.
I generally turn off the tv after 10 mins in standby.
You can test it , this cycle repeats every cumulative 4 hours.
Works on C8, no idea about other variants.

Thanks all
I also had this issue, now I am at just over 100 hours and its now gone completely.

No don’t ever run the pixel refresher explicitly unless there are signs of burn-in. Its is never recommended to run as it is reduces the life of the panel however slightly . You can google all about it if you want.
Just let the 4 hourly auto pixel refresher do its job.

You will not find it anywhere. But I know how to see that the pixel refresher is running in standby.This is how-
Always keep a usb powered external hard drive with led connected to the usb 3.0 port. When you put the tv on standby; If the hard drive led stays on then it means the pixel refresh is running and it takes around 6m30s (approx) to complete the pixel refresh after which the led on hard drive goes off.
When the pixel refresher is not running the led light on the hard drive will go off almost immediately on putting the tv on standby.
I generally turn off the tv after 10 mins in standby.
You can test it , this cycle repeats every cumulative 4 hours.
Works on C8, no idea about other variants.

I also had this issue, now I am at just over 100 hours and its now gone completely.

Will try today with the hdd

Hello friends,

I am a noob here and I received my B8 55 just now from flipkart with Dec 2018 MFG date. Should I be worried ? LG personnel will be visiting my home shortly for installation. I am not allowed to open the box because it voids the replacement policy of flipkart. Only the LG personnel is allowed to unbox the TV.

Hello friends,

I am a noob here and I received my B8 55 just now from flipkart with Dec 2018 MFG date. Should I be worried ? LG personnel will be visiting my home shortly for installation. I am not allowed to open the box because it voids the replacement policy of flipkart. Only the LG personnel is allowed to unbox the TV.
Not an issue. You warranty starts from the installation/billing date. Just make sure the box has the tie bands and only a single tape sealing it. When the LG guy installs it , see to it that it has protective film on the front and back. After installation check the usage hours in the settings >general> about ; Just to make sure its not a display piece. Get the film removed then.

@k2max6 thank you for the tips. I have attached some pictures. Can you please take a look ? No sign of technician so far flipkart gave me a service request no from lg but no contact no.

Attachments

• 20190811_121346-600x800.jpg
    20190811_121346-600x800.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190811_162212-600x800.jpg
    20190811_162212-600x800.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20190811_162112-600x800.jpg
    20190811_162112-600x800.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190811_162315-600x800.jpg
    20190811_162315-600x800.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 34
@k2max6 thank you for the tips. I have attached some pictures. Can you please take a look ? No sign of technician so far flipkart gave me a service request no from lg but no contact no.
On my 65C8 box there were 3 tie bands. One in the center. Do you see any signs of previous tie band there?

What's the manufacturing date? I'm getting mine delivered on Wednesday.
Its Dec 2018.
Looks good; got my 65C8 this june & it also had 3 straps,but your box has no signs of depression from a third strap so its not an issue. Might be different because of size. As far as installation is concerned you can check with LG for the ref no. given to you and if they are not able to locate it , you can register a fresh request. LG is pretty fast, the installation is generally completed the same day. You just need the invoice.

Not an issue. You warranty starts from the installation/billing date. Just make sure the box has the tie bands and only a single tape sealing it. When the LG guy installs it , see to it that it has protective film on the front and back. After installation check the usage hours in the settings >general> about ; Just to make sure its not a display piece. Get the film removed then.

We can remove the set without cutting the tie band and seal tape.... During installation I requested the technician not cut the tie band as it will might be required in case of relocation.... He then removed the TV without cutting the tie band and also without cutting the seal tape... You just need to slowly and carefully pull the top box, that's it..

Also please don't be concerned if there's no protective film in the front, I got my 55C8 delivered on 14th July - manufacturing date was 26th June 2019 with '0' usage hours.... During installation the technician mentioned the latest batch sets doesn't come with protective film in the front.... So as long as you have '0' usage hours in the TV menu i think the set is new...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back