LG C8 OLED Burn-in & other issues Discussion

While loading any app, hotstar/prime video, just before the app starts, in the loading screen, i see a faint image of top and bottom bars like when we are watching movies. is this normal or is this burnin?? others also get the same??

While loading any app, hotstar/prime video, just before the app starts, in the loading screen, i see a faint image of top and bottom bars like when we are watching movies. is this normal or is this burnin?? others also get the same??
Check if it occurs in this video
and

Don’t worry I and many others had similar bars on top and bottom on new set. They will go away after few hours of watching. Check after 10 hours of usage.

ok will play this on the tv
if any burn is there, u would most likely see it on the 100 % white and 100% grey screens. . If u cannot see anything in white and grey screen, its just some animation from the app which failed to disapper immediately. just like old some error messgage which refuses to go away even though u click the x button hundred times ;)

ok lets see. have been playing around with the tv for around 30 mins maybe :p
I had cinemascope areas darker in the first panel, but like I always say, this was after just 1 month of usage. LG told me the panel was faulty and replaced it immediately. The new panel has slight vignetting, but still better than the old. Anyway , its far better and far less noticeable than clouding on LCDs. Perfect uniform panel is hard to get on LCD and OLED with large screensizes.

10k for 55inch 1 year from reliance digital. 2nd year around 20k and so on. I also called lg. They mentioned 8k for 1 year if bought within 30days of tv purchase. 11k after 30days. For 2nd year something around 22k. And 3rd year i think they mentioned 28k
The LG extended warranty is 30680 for 65” which starts after the end of 2 years.
You must have got it wrong. They don’t give a warranty for 8k for there 65” IPS tv’s.

Y
Can u post actual pictures of the issue? Look for RGB video on Youtube it will be easily visible on blue.
Mine was like this and went away.
Yup same here. How many days does this take to go away?? Not an issue right??

Attachments

• IMG-20190801-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190801-WA0000.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 29
The LG extended warranty is 30680 for 65” which starts after the end of 2 years.
You must have got it wrong. They don’t give a warranty for 8k for there 65” IPS tv’s.

Yup i guess that rd guy was giving a wrong estimate. when i went to buy, quoted me 16k for 1 year extended warranty for the 55 inch. did not take it

Y

Oops that womt go away. U will get a new panel. Looks like the cinema scope area didn't get bright enough as u started watching only 16:9 content. If u look back my posts, I had told that i had this issue of cinemascope area darker as out of the box for a month I only watched 16:9 content. Then I contacted LG they replaced the panel. Then I continued to same habit for another 2 months only to rant about this issue, post about it with proof all over internet. Despite my efforts the issue was not replicable on the second panel. I now understand that burn in is random, some panels do get burn in fast, some doesn't at all.

Y

Check after 10-15 hours of usage. Make sure you play variety of content and mainly full screen content. Mine went away even before that. You can also try doing pixel refresh after 4-5 hours if it doesn’t fade. Yours look more pronounced than mine but wait for a while and see.

Oops that womt go away. U will get a new panel. Looks like the cinema scope area didn't get bright enough as u started watching only 16:9 content. If u look back my posts, I had told that i had this issue of cinemascope area darker as out of the box for a month I only watched 16:9 content. Then I contacted LG they replaced the panel. Then I continued to same habit for another 2 months only to rant about this issue, post about it with proof all over internet. Despite my efforts the issue was not replicable on the second panel. I now understand that burn in is random, some panels do get burn in fast, some doesn't at all.

The Tv is just out of the box. Have been using it for around 30 minutes, after which i clicked this. Lets wait, if it does not go after 10 15 hours, will ask for replacement. Will the entire Tv be replaced or only the panel??

Check after 10-15 hours of usage. Make sure you play variety of content and mainly full screen content. Mine went away even before that. You can also try doing pixel refresh after 4-5 hours if it doesn’t fade. Yours look more pronounced than mine but wait for a while and see.

Yup using the all direction wide mode to play content

I work in the visual effects industry and the nature of the work requires top notch color calibrated TV's. LG has been our choice (Was Panasonic earlier) and the C8's have had a awful run with multiple failures. We have over 20 of them. We have slowly moved to C9's now. The C8's suffered from inconsistent black levels, patchy panels and no amount of firmware/software upgrades helped with the problem. In fact; one died a week ago and has gone to LG for repair/replacement. LG have acknowledged that there is a fault in this series and most cases offer repair even when out of warranty. I must say that the way we use our review monitors or these TV's are at extremes compared to a home environment. They are never switched off due to color calibration requirements so that alone will contribute to lower panel life.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back