LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

You seem to be confusing ABL and ASBL. The former reduces brightness on majorly white screens. There's hardwired limit that can't be removed, but the variable one depends on settings and can be disabled. Disabling it is important for PC usage, as web browsers will dim because they are full white. ASBL reduces light output on detecting static images. These are separate algorithms.

Are these settings for a completely dark room? If yes, then it's too bright. Reduce OLED light to 20.

I actually meant ASBL ; as in SDR scenes gets too dim . For ABL i am using Cinema Mode in HDR and put PeakBrightness to "low" and color temp to warm 3 and Sharpness to 0 . This is somehow gives me a relatively soothing picture.

For SDR i put ISFBrightMode backlight 26, Contrast 80, Brightness 55 , sharpness 0 and Whitebalance as per Flatpanels HD .I dont get that severe eye strain as before. I use the same for Night & Day viewing. My room is always mildly Lit with minimum 15W Led (Yellow / White) .

Hi.
All 65C9 owners do you think sharpness at 10 is Ok.
My tv at 10 picture is too soft coming from samsung quantum dot tv there is major diff in sharpness.

I prefer it to keep at 0 . This gives a more natural & soothing picture for any content. Anyhow the UHD/HDR videos will be sharper even at sharpness 0.

I prefer it to keep at 0 . This gives a more natural & soothing picture for any content. Anyhow the UHD/HDR videos will be sharper even at sharpness 0.

Glad you're enjoying the set without eyestrain now. Try watching in a completely dark room too with OLED light between 18-22 depending on your comfort level. It looks amazing, especially when all fades to black. Pitch dark.

As far as I know, sharpness till 10 isn't using edge sharpening, just anti-aliasing. That's why even pro-calibrators who review keep it at 10. You can dig in deeper into this if you want. This is just what I recall. You can also test with slides that test sharpening and edge-enhacement.

Bought a 55C9 the day before yesterday.Shows 81 usage hrs. Should I be concerned (apart from the cheater-dealer thing) or is it ok? Date of manufacturing is 19 th Sep 2019.

Last edited:
LG C9 started giving me problems already.
I have connected my Denon Home theater system with TV using HDMI ARC.
It was working fine till yesterday, and today god knows wat happened, nothing is working now..
It resetted the tv and tried to unplug all hdmi ports and reconnected. no use..
Even tried with different hdmi cable and still no use..
I dont know if its a TV issue or Denon issue.

And funny thing is, when i change the volume on tv remote, the denon also shows volume changing. all hdmi control functions are working except no sound from AVR..

anyone faced this issue ? or am I the lucky guy ??

hi, Friends,

i have finally fixed the HDMI ARC issue.
Apparently some people also had the same issue and couldnt figure out whats wrong.
After reading through AVSForums, I finally understood that LG had a bug in HDMI operation as well..

The problem happens when your TV is already sending sound through HDMI ARC to a AVR and you try to connect additional sources like dth or blueray player to additional HDMI ports of TV and AVR. Once you add additional sources, you might try to use LG's device connector setting to control the device and this is where HDMI ARC stops working.

Solution:
disconnect all hdmi ports of TV and AVR.
Full reset TV and AVR.
Only Connect HDMI ARC port of TV with HDMI ARC OUT of AVR. Enable ARC feature on both TV and AVR. Open LG TV internal app,
and check if sound is coming properly to AVR.
Now you Connect All additional sources to other HDMI ports of TV and nothing should be connected to AVR.
You may use LG device connector setting to configure the magic remote to control them.

MY current setup of TV:
HDMI 1: Airtel DTH.
HDMI 2: ARC connected to Denon AVR 1500H.
HDMI 3: ACT Television(Using this to play hotstar premium content as LG inbuilt APP is not playing it)

Good news:
LG magic remote can control all 3 devices seamlessly and thats a great ease for customers.
I shall appreciate LG for this.

Bought a 55C9 the day before yesterday.Shows 81 usage hrs. Should I be concerned (apart from the cheater-dealer thing) or is it ok? Date of manufacturing is 19 th Sep 2019.
I'm not a LG C9 user. However, i could tell that the usage hours on any brand new TV supposed to be '0'. Whether it is Sony or LG or some no-name brands. Thats main the purpose of putting "Usage hour" info on TV. So that consumer or any technical support could get this info about the display.

In your case, 81 usage hrs is bit too much for the brand new TV.

Other LG users can pitch in.

Ideally, it should be zero, but as I have said before, check uniformity. A set with good uniformity but 81 hours under it is better than a set with bad/average uniformity and 0 hours.

Ok,I'll check uniformity and then decide the course of action-if any required at all. Still a part me is adamant that the dealers should somehow be punished for such bad practices.

Another question: Is it worth buying "extended warranty" from Bajaj ?

Do the Netflix, Hotstar and Amazon channels sound low on volume on the LG C9? I need to put almost it on 50+ volume to hear things clearly. The LG guys told me its a normal thing for these 3 streaming mediums

Do the Netflix, Hotstar and Amazon channels sound low on volume on the LG C9? I need to put almost it on 50+ volume to hear things clearly. The LG guys told me its a normal thing for these 3 streaming mediums
not more than 30 i put

Did you resolve your issue, if so how?, i am having same issue, need to have volume more than 50

I don't get what's the issue. You can hear it at 50. Does it sound decent? If yes, why do you want to keep it under 30? How's this an issue? Lol

Do you guys always put your OLED TV in standby mode or can we turn off power when not in use.

In standby mode is there any way of knowing whether pixel refresher is working or has completed its task so that we may safely turn off the power.

If pixel refresher is running in standby mode and we turnoff the power, will it damage the TV?

Do you guys always put your OLED TV in standby mode or can we turn off power when not in use.

In standby mode is there any way of knowing whether pixel refresher is working or has completed its task so that we may safely turn off the power.

If pixel refresher is running in standby mode and we turnoff the power, will it damage the TV?

I leave it on standby and turn it off from the power switch only at night. The automatic pixel refresher takes only 7-8 minutes, so you can cut power 10 minutes after turning off TV from remote. Turning off TV while pixel refresher is running won't damage the TV. LG would be bankrupt if it did.

guys, i am thinking of buying LG c9 55 inch to replace my existing sony 55HX850. My sony has developed dead pixels at bottom corners and also a lot of screen bleeding. My question is what is the refresh rate of LG C9 Oled. Flipkart says 50hz, i dont believe that. Last years B8 and C8 has 120hz refresh rate.

guys, i am thinking of buying LG c9 55 inch to replace my existing sony 55HX850. My sony has developed dead pixels at bottom corners and also a lot of screen bleeding. My question is what is the refresh rate of LG C9 Oled. Flipkart says 50hz, i dont believe that. Last years B8 and C8 has 120hz refresh rate.

You can just check specs on LG's website. Of course, the panel is 120 Hz.

Flipkart specs are wrong. They mentioned 50hz refresh rate. It is actually 120hz. They also mentioned 80w speakers. But it is 40w. For specs always look at the respective manufacturer's website.

Bought the 55C9 a couple of weeks ago - here in Norway.

During night scenes, I find the TV is barely watchable - I am playing 1080p movies via USB hard disk (also tried playing from laptop (VLC player) via HDMI cable.)
It seems too dark and I have to turn off all the lights to compensate for this. Vivid is the only mode, where I can see something in the movie.

No problem when the scene is not completely dark at all. No other complains for the TV. Upgraded from Panasonic ST60 plasma - so black levels and natural looking picture is what I was looking for and this TV does not disappoint.

(I have tried to play around with the isf mode and increasing the brightness does not help.) All the fancy features like superresolution etc. are turned off)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back