LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

I connected my external USB HDD to try out some 4K movies - everything works fine. The only problem is that the TV's inbuilt software does not allow you to adjust the position of the subtitles nor the color. The subtitles are in very bright white, which is a distraction on dark scenes.
Is there some way to reduce the brightness and or change the color of the subtitles?
I might go for a FireTV 4K later on with Kodi in future which could perhaps be a better way to watch movies.

What? It does. I changed all the things you mentioned on the internal player. Check settings again. I'm watching a movie right now so can't guide you exactly how, but it won't be too tough. Pause and look around. It's there for sure.

What? It does. I changed all the things you mentioned on the internal player. Check settings again. I'm watching a movie right now so can't guide you exactly how, but it won't be too tough. Pause and look around. It's there for sure.
Yes me too changed the font size and colour in my C9. It does allow you to do that settings.

I connected my external USB HDD to try out some 4K movies - everything works fine. The only problem is that the TV's inbuilt software does not allow you to adjust the position of the subtitles nor the color. The subtitles are in very bright white, which is a distraction on dark scenes.
Is there some way to reduce the brightness and or change the color of the subtitles?
I might go for a FireTV 4K later on with Kodi in future which could perhaps be a better way to watch movies.
Go to additional options (3 dots on right bottom) then Subtitle (Sub in the middle). Here you can change the subtitle setting.

Hi guys, thinking of getting SL8YG Soundbar for C9, but heard couple of issues like audio delay and Dolby Atmos is not showing up so Any feedback from the users using the soundbar ?

Did you get the Rtx 2070 super?

Nope. 2060 Super for now. Will update again in 19-20 months. I'm expecting big strides in ray tracing as AMD joins the fray and Nvidia adopts 7nm processing. Plus, I have such huge backlog of games that 2060 Super can eek out at 4k in that time. I haven't even finished GTA 5. Apart from Cyberpunk 2077, I don't expect playing any 2020 game in 2020.

Nope. 2060 Super for now. Will update again in 19-20 months. I'm expecting big strides in ray tracing as AMD joins the fray and Nvidia adopts 7nm processing. Plus, I have such huge backlog of games that 2060 Super can eek out at 4k in that time. I haven't even finished GTA 5. Apart from Cyberpunk 2077, I don't expect playing any 2020 game in 2020.
Do try madvr 4k upscaling for 1080p movie/tv content. It blows away any TV based upscaling including sony. It will tax the GPU but so worth it.

Do try madvr 4k upscaling for 1080p movie/tv content. It blows away any TV based upscaling including sony. It will tax the GPU but so worth it.

Ah! I'll try it for games with ray tracing then. Can't run those at 4k without massive a massive compromise. Have you played Control or Metro: Exodus? Currently finishing GTA 5. Lol. I could run that at 4k even with GTX970 with some settings lowered. GPU upscaling of 1080p was horrible, but TV upscaled much better. I found the aliasing to be horrible though. So tried 4k at reduced settings and it looked so much better even without anti-aliasing. 2060 super is running it max now. G-Sync with vsync is a dream, as there was so much tearing otherwise with GTX 970 and 30fps looked horrible with vsync. OLED is bad for 30 fps gaming, if anyone is doing that.

Hi guys, thinking of getting SL8YG Soundbar for C9, but heard couple of issues like audio delay and Dolby Atmos is not showing up so Any feedback from the users using the soundbar ?
I am using SL8YG. I have connected via HDMI. I dont feel any audio delay . Atmos shows up, but doubt if I really felt any audio from height

Ah! I'll try it for games with ray tracing then. Can't run those at 4k without massive a massive compromise. Have you played Control or Metro: Exodus? Currently finishing GTA 5. Lol. I could run that at 4k even with GTX970 with some settings lowered. GPU upscaling of 1080p was horrible, but TV upscaled much better. I found the aliasing to be horrible though. So tried 4k at reduced settings and it looked so much better even without anti-aliasing. 2060 super is running it max now. G-Sync with vsync is a dream, as there was so much tearing otherwise with GTX 970 and 30fps looked horrible with vsync. OLED is bad for 30 fps gaming, if anyone is doing that.
Madvr upscaling is only for movies/video content, not games.

Have tried Metro Exodus with 4k hdr g-sync. Its jaw droppingly gorgeous. Gears 5 is also very nicely optimised.

Madvr upscaling is only for movies/video content, not games.

Have tried Metro Exodus with 4k hdr g-sync. Its jaw droppingly gorgeous. Gears 5 is also very nicely optimised.

Ah! Alright. I'm streaming everything for now. Only movies that I have are 4k for now. Check the A8G vs C9 thread. That guy wasn't happy with C9's upscaling. Maybe he can try MadVr. I personally have found HD content that I'm streaming to look pretty darn good. Even Yes, Minister from Amazon look fine. Better than it did on my smaller TCL HD TV.

I'll had both the games to my list then. I haven't yet tried an HDR game. Will try and get to one soon.

Facing a weird software issue. Not able to open Amazon Prime or Hotstar after the latest software update. Deleted them but the content store refuses to reinstall them either. This sucks. Pfft!

HDR is good but since it’s very bright it’s stressful for my eye. In my Sony tv it had a light sensor option if enabled it automatically adjusts brightness according to room ambient light which was excellent for the eyes. Any such settings available on the c9 or should I disable HDR? And if so changing 4K output to standard in the Denon output settings will disable HDR right?

HDR is good but since it’s very bright it’s stressful for my eye. In my Sony tv it had a light sensor option if enabled it automatically adjusts brightness according to room ambient light which was excellent for the eyes. Any such settings available on the c9 or should I disable HDR? And if so changing 4K output to standard in the Denon output settings will disable HDR right?

Which mode are you using? HDR is graded to not be uncomfortable for a dark room.

In HDR the isf dark and bright modes are not available so I use cinema.

Cinema works. You'll get used go the brightness. Worry not. For now, you can try turning peak brightness to medium if you feel it's too bright. Or even low if you want. Ramp it up later. I have never gotten eye strain from HDR after I got used to it. SDR however still gives me eye strain if I increase the OLED light too much.

Also, Technicolor mode allows AI brightness to be toggled. You can use that too. It won't lower the brightness below Cinema mode, but it'll increase it for day viewing in a smarter manner by adjusting the time curve. The white balance is on Warm 1 in Techinicolor if I'm not mistaken. Switch to Warm 2 if you want to most accurate one.

Oh! Switch off dynamic tone mapping. That also brighten some shows more than what was intended by the colorists.

Cinema works. You'll get used go the brightness. Worry not. For now, you can try turning peak brightness to medium if you feel it's too bright. Or even low if you want. Ramp it up later. I have never gotten eye strain from HDR after I got used to it. SDR however still gives me eye strain if I increase the OLED light too much.

Also, Technicolor mode allows AI brightness to be toggled. You can use that too. It won't lower the brightness below Cinema mode, but it'll increase it for day viewing in a smarter manner by adjusting the time curve. The white balance is on Warm 1 in Techinicolor if I'm not mistaken. Switch to Warm 2 if you want to most accurate one.

Oh! Switch off dynamic tone mapping. That also brighten some shows more than what was intended by the colorists.
I actually prefer cool then to warm so changed the temperature settings to cool where ever applied. I like the HDR but eyes don’t feel comfortable

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back