LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

Ok so warm will feel comfortable? I have always used cool so warm feels pale for my liking. If it reduces the strain I should get used to warm I guess

Yes! Use warm 1 if not 2. You'll be used to it real soon. Warm 2 is the closest to D65 white point.

Does it have to be cool or warm? Do you have a neutral option?

@Love4sound - your whole experience isn't giving me lot of confidence right not in C9.

Warm 2 is supposed to be the neutral option actually. Reference monitors are calibrated to be 6500 Kelvin, which is the D65 RGB white point. The problem is that LED sets especially have been so blue that people think of 6500k as warm. Lol

Does it have to be cool or warm? Do you have a neutral option?

@Love4sound - your whole experience isn't giving me lot of confidence right not in C9.
The settings are different compared to sony. well for all good products 1 out of 10 is unlucky to go trough this crap and god knows why it had to be me.

HDR is good but since it’s very bright it’s stressful for my eye. In my Sony tv it had a light sensor option if enabled it automatically adjusts brightness according to room ambient light which was excellent for the eyes. Any such settings available on the c9 or should I disable HDR? And if so changing 4K output to standard in the Denon output settings will disable HDR right?
Yes C9 has ambient light sensor.

its saved as energy saver on the B6, i guess its the same on the C9.

Cheers.

For HDR, AI brightness is the better option. Unfortunately it's not available for DV in Cinema mode, so I have tweaked Cinema Home to resemble Cinema mode as much as possible, and then use AI brightness in that. It takes ambient light into account to subtly raise the darker areas by tweaking the tone mapping curve instead of the entire image.

Please go though the link and see the images shared. I also noticed that the C9 did have color issues with all the HDMI ports. In HDMI port 2 colours where totally washed out in the home screen of shield and while watching movies it lacked the rich colors and sharpness. The home screen in shield was looking pale and was lacking the sharpness. When i switched to HDMI port 1 it was somewhat ok but still the sharpness and colors lacked. To test this i ran netflix in shield and through the tv app. The home screen of netflix was very sharp and colorful but when source was hdmi(shield) it was dull and no sharpness. Noticed gradient banding as shown in the article as well. Seriously this seems to be a common issue with LG c9 and i really doubt LG is paying the professional calibrators to give good reviews. Seriously how can any one miss it? I just used it for few hours and caught it immediately. Seen so many forums where c9 owners are complaining the same

@Love4sound did the replacement unit come? How is the new unit?

There is no perfect TV in the world I guess. They all have some or other issues. It's all about knowing which issues you can live with and which you can't.

@Love4sound did the replacement unit come? How is the new unit?

There is no perfect TV in the world I guess. They all have some or other issues. It's all about knowing which issues you can live with and which you can't.
The new tv was delivered today morning and LG wanted to install it in the afternoon. But my office timings are 1:30 to 10:30 sun-thu so i requested them to come tomorrow morning by 11 else on their convenient timings on friday. Known panel issues in oled is not what i am worried with. But HDMI issues which i mentioned in my previous comment is not at all acceptable.

These guys have uploaded a ton of videos on why they don't like OLEDs and they also called Rtings and HDTVtest guys a lair. Perhaps Rtings and HDTVtest reviews are sponsered. They kinda support QLEDs though.

These guys have uploaded a ton of videos on why they don't like OLEDs and they also called Rtings and HDTVtest guys a lair. Perhaps Rtings and HDTVtest reviews are sponsered. They kinda support QLEDs though.

This guy is a joke.

Please go though the link and see the images shared. I also noticed that the C9 did have color issues with all the HDMI ports. In HDMI port 2 colours where totally washed out in the home screen of shield and while watching movies it lacked the rich colors and sharpness. The home screen in shield was looking pale and was lacking the sharpness. When i switched to HDMI port 1 it was somewhat ok but still the sharpness and colors lacked. To test this i ran netflix in shield and through the tv app. The home screen of netflix was very sharp and colorful but when source was hdmi(shield) it was dull and no sharpness. Noticed gradient banding as shown in the article as well. Seriously this seems to be a common issue with LG c9 and i really doubt LG is paying the professional calibrators to give good reviews. Seriously how can any one miss it? I just used it for few hours and caught it immediately. Seen so many forums where c9 owners are complaining the same

I didn’t find the washed out colour issues in the Hdmi port 2 in my new tv. So the issue must have been with the demo unit and not a common problem with c9. Yet to check gradient banding issues.Netflix through shield does look and perform different compared to the inbuilt tv app with shield Netflix having few issues and the inbuilt netflix having sharp and rich colours especially noticeable in the home screen. But I don’t care about Netflix cause don’t use it.

Hey Guys!!
So the cricket season is on now ! IPL ,WCT20 to follow soon. So now the moment of truth comes for my C9. Long viewing hours with static score sticker at the bottom.
Are you guys worried too for the dreaded burn in ?

Hey Guys!!
So the cricket season is on now ! IPL ,WCT20 to follow soon. So now the moment of truth comes for my C9. Long viewing hours with static score sticker at the bottom.
Are you guys worried too for the dreaded burn in ?

Logo luminance: high

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back