LG C9 User Thread (No Price Talk)

what is your major source of BR content..?
i used download hollywood from YTS and south indias from tamilrockers , which format you will choose for downloading..?
You need to download the remux or the actual Blu-ray disk for English movies. They will be 50-86 gb in size.

Would you suggest oled for 6 hours Dth watch daily? Airtel logo is on always on . I’m afraid of burning.. I really want to buy LG C 9. Please help me

Would you suggest oled for 6 hours Dth watch daily? Airtel logo is on always on . I’m afraid of burning.. I really want to buy LG C 9. Please help me
Rajeev, change your channel during ad breaks or every 1 hour. Also, depends if you will watching in vivid/dynamic mode at max OLED light for extended period. Burn-in is a reality but overstated.

Rajeev, change your channel during ad breaks or every 1 hour. Also, depends if you will watching in vivid/dynamic mode at max OLED light for extended period. Burn-in is a reality but overstated.
Shaiju I’m talking about Airtel Dth logo not any channel logo. Even if I change the channel the airtel logo will be static always.

Shaiju I’m talking about Airtel Dth logo not any channel logo. Even if I change the channel the airtel logo will be static always.
Sorry, misunderstood. I haven’t used DTH since 5 years. I am not the right person to advice then :)

The newer panels are more tolerant to burn in. Plus the TV software is equipped with anti burn in technologies - pixel refresh/shift, logo luminance, etc. If it bothers you that much then LCD is an option.

For DTH usage you don’t need an oled. Since DTH is majority of your usage I assume you are going to set the tv in a bright environment. You can get very good tv’s in led/lcd range for such usage.

Could we share our LG OLED setting? I’ll cut the ribbon.

For SDR movies.

Picture Mode
Bright Room
OLED LIGHT: as per your liking.
Contrast: 85
Brightness: 50
H Sharpness: 10
V Sharpness: 10
Colour: 50*
Tint: 0

Expert Controls
Dynamic Contrast, Super Resolution, Edge Enhancer, Colour Filter: Off
Colour Gamut: Auto*
Gamma: 2.2
White Balance
Colour Temperature: Warm2
2 Points
Low: R0 G0 B-3
High: R-3 G-6 B0
20 Points IRE (Adjusting Luminance)
5: -4
10: -4
15: -7
20: -9
25: -10
30: -9
35: -7
40: -7
45: -7
50: -5
55: -4
60: -7
65: -7
70: -7
75: -4
80: -3
85: -3
90: -1
95: 0
100: 0
Colour Management System Let me know if you need these.

Picture Options
Everything off except Real Cinema set to On.

* you can try Colour Gamut Extended with Colour at 46/47 for better skin tones. Compare and switch as per your liking. Don’t think this applies to C9 but give it a try.

21B844AF-1E32-46D2-8BDA-789FDF69D19E.jpeg

Last edited:
Folks, post your settings please. LG crushes blacks. How are you adjusting the display?
The brightness which is the black level settings if set correct can minimise black crush. Mine is at 49 using calibration video. It should vary panel to panel and should be at values in between 49-52. It’s not just LG I think all oled’s do have minimum black crush. I remember complaining a lot about it I’m the forum after getting the c9. Now I am quite satisfied as it’s very minimal and can be ignored

Could you post your full settings using my settings post as template?

Anyone has calibration equipments? Costs quite a bit but worth knowing any professional calibrators.

Could you post your full settings using my settings post as template?

Anyone has calibration equipments? Costs quite a bit but worth knowing any professional calibrators.
Lol feeling lazy. Please find screen shots

Attachments

• 6BA595DF-D976-465B-B265-026DD9A6EFFC.jpeg
    6BA595DF-D976-465B-B265-026DD9A6EFFC.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 3215BBA1-4F40-4CAC-97DC-17AE4FB980B3.jpeg
    3215BBA1-4F40-4CAC-97DC-17AE4FB980B3.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2A4AE80C-AE18-474E-A521-64CC2219B283.jpeg
    2A4AE80C-AE18-474E-A521-64CC2219B283.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 06A4F3FD-08D9-4C88-B63D-2AA01F787E13.jpeg
    06A4F3FD-08D9-4C88-B63D-2AA01F787E13.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 64E291A2-CA6C-46F6-AFB6-F871008DA763.jpeg
    64E291A2-CA6C-46F6-AFB6-F871008DA763.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 37
could u add your trumotion and other settings under expert options as well..?
I keep TruMotion off.
Sometimes when there is slight judder with certain content I turn on TruMotion, User, De-Judder 0, De-Blur 10.
E.g. my Apple TV 4K is set to 4K SDR at 60 Hz. Works fine for new The Lion King on Hotstar but not for older movies. Then I switch on above mentioned TruMotion to eliminate the judder.

Without going in to details of Hz and pulldown, there is no one setting that suits all. For sports you may want to try something else.

I keep TruMotion off.
Sometimes when there is slight judder with certain content I turn on TruMotion, User, De-Judder 0, De-Blur 10.
E.g. my Apple TV 4K is set to 4K SDR at 60 Hz. Works fine for new The Lion King on Hotstar but not for older movies. Then I switch on above mentioned TruMotion to eliminate the judder.

Without going in to details of Hz and pulldown, there is no one setting that suits all. For sports you may want to try something else.

How do we know what is the current frame rate for the content which we are playing..?

And while watching football from hotstar , i am finding some blurness on the fast moving areas , is there any way we can reduce those..?

How do we know what is the current frame rate for the content which we are playing..?
Good question but I do not know how to check.
Click near top left of the screen using remote shows some data but that's not too useful. I remember installing LG app on mobile and using the info option but it has been a while since I tried.

And while watching football from hotstar , i am finding some blurness on the fast moving areas , is there any way we can reduce those..?
Are you using LG internal app or streaming device?
What is your current TruMotion setting when watching sports?

Good question but I do not know how to check.
Click near top left of the screen using remote shows some data but that's not too useful. I remember installing LG app on mobile and using the info option but it has been a while since I tried.

Are you using LG internal app or streaming device?
What is your current TruMotion setting when watching sports?
I am using internal Apps , Currently i kept as user and made both the values as zero

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back