• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

LG extended warranty: pricing and taxes

anga

Hello:

Bought a 50" plasma tv: 50PB6600 3 weeks ago.

Got the following quotes for 1 / 2 / 3 years extended warranty (in AP): 3700 / 6000 / 9300 + 8.65% tax.

The service center claims that the prices are fixed by LG and they just pass on the amount. They also claim that the tax is required.

What is your experience? Did you get a discount? Did you have to pay taxes?

Thanks

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

PGY

Hello:

Bought a 50" plasma tv: 50PB6600 3 weeks ago.

Got the following quotes for 1 / 2 / 3 years extended warranty (in AP): 3700 / 6000 / 9300 + 8.65% tax.

The service center claims that the prices are fixed by LG and they just pass on the amount. They also claim that the tax is required.

What is your experience? Did you get a discount? Did you have to pay taxes?

Thanks
Not sure about LG, I have extended warranty for 3 years for Samsung 46". They have added the tax in the bill. They have provided bill after the payment with complete details.

RMCWS

I don't have LG. But I got a 2 year extended warranty for my Sony. I got it few days before the expiry period (first 1 year) and got it for around Rs.6K.

So I suggest go for the max extended warranty for the peace of mind.

anga

Thanks guys for trying to help.

I need responses from recent buyers of LG extended warranty.
They need to check whether the cost was quoted inclusive of taxes or not. The cost for some items is available at
Smart TVs, Home Theatres, Smartphones, Projectors & Home Appliances | LG Brand Store

For my TV, the cost was for 1 / 2 / 3 years extended warranty: 3700 / 6000 / 9300. Service center said these were exclusive of taxes and initially wanted 18.65% tax, later reduced to 8.65%.
Not sure if it is a ripoff or not.
Asked for a bill for the total amount in addition to the warranty documents--waiting for a response.

ldabedgv

They have added the tax in the bill. They have provided bill after the payment with complete details.

anga

Confirmed from LG--price does not include tax.
I became suspicious when the service guy claimed the tax was 18.65% that was later reduced to 8.65%.

SPONSORED ADS