LG OLED Group Buy Bengaluru

Which model are you interested in?

• Total voters
I gather heatsink may be required if TV is viewed continuously for many hours at a stretch. Rtings does say B2 has a slightly different panel than that of C2 that results in lower brightness. Now the question essentially is how much premium to pay for extra/incremental in brightness. Basically I am trying to see if I can make do with a B2 as I wont use the Tv for gaming (its for a bedroom with some ambient light) or do I need to get a C2 for an appreciable difference in picture quality over B2 :)
How much is the price difference? @lightgamer pls shed some light on subtleties between the two.

How much is the price difference? @lightgamer pls shed some light on subtleties between the two.
IMO, this is how I rate these series:

A2: Good budget OLED. It destroys anything in the price class in PQ but is 60Hz, so bad for gaming.

B2: A2 + extra brightness + 120Hz (and gaming features)

C2: B2 + extra brightness + EVO panel (longer life) + α9 processor

G2: C2 + extra brightness + heatsink (longer life).

PS: G series v/s C series you also have to consider wall mount v/s table mount. C is better on the table, and G is better for the wall mount.

Previous gen comparisons:
G1 is marginally worse than C2
C1 is marginally better than B2
B1 is marginally worse than B2
A1 is marginally worse than A2

You have to decide what you value more and what prices are you getting. If you can spend for the C2 or G2, you'll definitely be getting extra PQ for your money.

I gather heatsink may be required if TV is viewed continuously for many hours at a stretch. Rtings does say B2 has a slightly different panel than that of C2 that results in lower brightness. Now the question essentially is how much premium to pay for extra/incremental in brightness. Basically I am trying to see if I can make do with a B2 as I wont use the Tv for gaming (its for a bedroom with some ambient light) or do I need to get a C2 for an appreciable difference in picture quality over B2 :)
The B series is actually perfect for gaming. You get all the gaming features of the C and G series in the B2.

IMO, you should go for the C2 if it's to be used for movies and TV shows. You're not just getting a higher brightness. You're also getting the better α9 processor v/s α7 processor on the B series. This will result in better motion, processing, upscaling etc. You're also getting the EVO panel which will last longer. Also the C series has better speakers.

The B series is actually perfect for gaming. You get all the gaming features of the C and G series in the B2.

IMO, you should go for the C2 if it's to be used for movies and TV shows. You're not just getting a higher brightness. You're also getting the better α9 processor v/s α7 processor on the B series. This will result in better motion, processing, upscaling etc. You're also getting the EVO panel which will last longer. Also the C series has better speakers.
Thanks Lightgamer...I also did some research meanwhile. And it seems C2 also has 2.2 Ch 40W speaker system with a sub as compared to a 2.0 channel 20W sound on B2. G2 has 60W 4.2 ch sound btw...With this discovery the balance tilts in C2's favor, provided the cost difference is not more than 20K. This difference is ard $200 for US models too...

Guys i am going with G2, i was planning on October 5 so far i have got 1.90L including cashback in chroma let me know we have better prices anywhere in banglore and will it be more cheaper in Diwali which in about 20 days from now ?? Also if there is any group buy WhatsApp link please share it

Are you still looking for A95K? I hear from one of the members that he has got it for 2.45L in Vijay Sales, not sure which one (Mumbai)! I'll let you know when I come to know about it if you are still looking for A95K. Vijay Sales don't have an outlet here in Bangalore. However, they have confirmed that they are operating via another multibrand store/dealer and can deliver through them. There is very good possibility that we can get best deal from Vijay Sales over next few days. I have contacted them and someone from sales is going to get back. I shall share more details when I get it.

For those looking at LG models, we can plan to gather the summary of units/models needed and talk to VijaySales about it, they would surely get even better deal for a group purchase and they can deliver at Bengaluru as well. If we get a good price from VS, we can quickly take that around to Croma, RD and LG/Sony direct as well to see if they can better it in Bangalore. We can then take the call. If there are others interested in A95K or other Sony OLEDs, please let me know. Thanks.
Go ahead, get the best deal possible, we will ask RD n Sony to better it, will make the purchase where it works out for us!

Out of the 31 voted, how many are serious about the purchase? And there are no updates from Devi and LG Hennur store

Croma (Marathahalli) offering 65C2 for ~1.72 after discounts. This price only available for a group billing. And that too with the right credit cards (ICICI, HDFC, Axis, Stanchart etc.). I have asked a quote for 65 inch B2 as well
Hi! Did you ask for G2 and A95K quotes?

Hi! Did you ask for G2 and A95K quotes?
I only asked for C2 rates citing a group buy situation but also told him that models may change for some. And that we are talking to different stores and will go with the one giving the best quote. He understood that as it seems to be an acceptable practice these days. Croma store TV Manager's name is Deepak and anyone can contact him @9916596751

I only asked for C2 rates citing a group buy situation but also told him that models may change for some. And that we are talking to different stores and will go with the one giving the best quote. He understood that as it seems to be an acceptable practice these days. Croma store TV Manager's name is Deepak and anyone can contact him @9916596751
Ok, if you talk to him take G2 and A95k quotes too!

Ok, if you talk to him take G2 and A95k quotes too!
Spoke to the Croma Manager again. Gave him our group requirements. Told him it's his business to loose now. He will come back with his best quote. Let's see if his best is good enough. Will be good if we get quotes from other people as well.

Are you still looking for A95K? I hear from one of the members that he has got it for 2.45L in Vijay Sales, not sure which one (Mumbai)! I'll let you know when I come to know about it if you are still looking for A95K. Vijay Sales don't have an outlet here in Bangalore. However, they have confirmed that they are operating via another multibrand store/dealer and can deliver through them. There is very good possibility that we can get best deal from Vijay Sales over next few days. I have contacted them and someone from sales is going to get back. I shall share more details when I get it.

For those looking at LG models, we can plan to gather the summary of units/models needed and talk to VijaySales about it, they would surely get even better deal for a group purchase and they can deliver at Bengaluru as well. If we get a good price from VS, we can quickly take that around to Croma, RD and LG/Sony direct as well to see if they can better it in Bangalore. We can then take the call. If there are others interested in A95K or other Sony OLEDs, please let me know. Thanks.
@Ketan, any update on this when we are planning to buy? Did Vijay sales confirmed that they will give delivery in banglore?

Last edited:
@Ketan, any update on this when we are planning to buy? Did Vijay sales confirmed that they will give delivery in banglore?
I've got a response from Vijay Sales. They responded with the Sony models I have asked for. Not yet responded for LG models. Not so encouraging. My best guess is they are not going to put their best quote on the paper/email. It'd soon be time for us to talking to them over phone to get the best they can offer. For now, I'm just keeping the right contacts handy so I can speak to them over next weekend and coming week for best quote.

Got the below quotes for LG C2 and G2 55 inches on 4th Oct

Pai International, Ideal Homes

1.45 C2 55 inch
1.71 G2 55 inch

Reliance Digital, Ideal Homes

1.39 C2 55 inch
1.52 G2 55 inch

All are offering 10k cashback on the above prices [6 months EMI on credit cards. Caveat is for some cards the cashback may be with 90 day delay. RD gave example of SBI cards. For others, its instant cashback Ex: HDFC, ICICI, Axis]

Discussed about group buy at both places. They have shown interest but didn't offer a quote. Wanted a firm date before providing quotes. RD guy is very flexible with the prices even for individual piece so chances are likely he will give good rate for group buy.

I also checked at Devi's today i.e., 5th Oct. Got a quote of 1.45 + 10k Instant cashback via credit card 6 month EMI + LG earbuds at Rs. 2999 for LG G2 55 inch individual piece. Worth trying to negotiate additional discount in lieu of the earbuds.
[FYI - The place is very busy today so didnt bring up group buy]

Note- If anyone wants Reliance guy's number for the group purchase discussion, I can share it via DM. He's willing to match prices offered at other places.]

Got the below quotes for LG C2 and G2 55 inches on 4th Oct

Pai International, Ideal Homes

1.45 C2 55 inch
1.71 G2 55 inch

Reliance Digital, Ideal Homes

1.39 C2 55 inch
1.52 G2 55 inch

All are offering 10k cashback on the above prices [6 months EMI on credit cards. Caveat is for some cards the cashback may be with 90 day delay. RD gave example of SBI cards. For others, its instant cashback Ex: HDFC, ICICI, Axis]

Discussed about group buy at both places. They have shown interest but didn't offer a quote. Wanted a firm date before providing quotes. RD guy is very flexible with the prices even for individual piece so chances are likely he will give good rate for group buy.

I also checked at Devi's today i.e., 5th Oct. Got a quote of 1.45 + 10k Instant cashback via credit card 6 month EMI + LG earbuds at Rs. 2999 for LG G2 55 inch individual piece. Worth trying to negotiate additional discount in lieu of the earbuds.
[FYI - The place is very busy today so didnt bring up group buy]

Note- If anyone wants Reliance guy's number for the group purchase discussion, I can share it via DM. He's willing to match prices offered at other places.]
Guys,

Take these quotes and talk to Devi International, they will definitely better the deal. I have always purchased my past televisions from them, group buy or otherwise. And don’t deal with them on phone, visit the shop and patiently negotiate.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back