LG PQ70.....best buy this Diwali???

Rajgopal

I m going to buy 42" plasma this Diwali under 45K

After surfing lots of sites...finalizes LG PQ70 which is available around 44K
here in Faridabad Croma. Its a feature power pack and latest too
However LG or any other site doesn't explain abt its panel???
is it IPS-pro, or S-IPS or H-IPS??

Can anyone enlighten me abt IPS Tech, its advantages(specially regarding burn in issue in plasma) and which one LG uses in PQ70
whats the differences in PQ 30-60 n 70??(prices n features are almost same)

Any other suggestions regarding model choice are warmly welcome
specially if its abt 42"plasma or 37"/40" LCD.(still confused as singularity inbtw plasma or LCD).
i think most LCDs of these size are out of my budget.

the bottom line is this-

DARK ROOM = PLASMA

BRIGHT ROOM = LCD

SO IF YOU ARE GOING TO DIM YOUR LIGHTS WHENEVER YOU WATCH tv - THEN PLASMA

but in the living room - you need LCD

Last edited:

Can anyone enlighten me abt IPS Tech, its advantages(specially regarding burn in issue in plasma) and which one LG uses in PQ70

specially if its abt 42"plasma or 37"/40" LCD.(still confused as singularity inbtw plasma or LCD).

Also, typically, power consumption of a Plasma is close to twice for a similar sized LCD.. If it is a consideration for you..

well lg PQ70 is a plasma,hence u don't find any info about the PDP used.
ips and its derivatives are for lcds.

I suggest you take a look at Panasonic C10 which I just picked last week for 43k. Minus the bluetooth connectivity, it more or less matches the specs of LG.I am very happy with this buy. You can take a look at it.

Also have a look at the Samsung 42PSB430. Its also around 45K.

I bought its big brother - the 50 inch, and am very happy with it.

I suggest you take a look at Panasonic C10 which I just picked last week for 43k. Minus the bluetooth connectivity, it more or less matches the specs of LG.I am very happy with this buy. You can take a look at it.

Panny C10 for 43k:eek:...where?? its 48k here!! ofcourse panasonic is my first preference, in terms of reputation its no.1

so ips is technology for lcd only not plasma...thanks for that:signthankspin:

will consider sammy b430...only after C10 :rolleyes:

Anything Negative abt PQ60/70 which i need to know:sad:
plssss feed me abt 40" or 42" lcds under 45k.
Thanks

bingo !!! Even I am planning to buy a LG PQ70 this Diwali... I have been looking for T.V for quite sometime now.... was confused between the Plasma and the LCD's.... However, after auditioning the LG PQ70, I have almost made my mind on this one...

I found the PQ of this model atleast 20% better the other LCD's (Samsungs' and the LG's).... I found the P.Q of this plasma to be very natural unlike the LCD's which were very bright (my personal opinion)

Only thing I am worried is the Glare/reflection in the plasma's when there is a light source opposite to the T.V ? (the sales told me that the reflection in this t.v is reduced considerably as it has a ultra bright panel)....

can anyone who owns this T.V provide their experiences in this front... i am sure it is going to be very annoying to see the reflection in the Panel...

Croma, Blore has quoted a price of 44K for this model... any other place in Blore with a better deal ??

P.S - the t.v looks gorgeous even when it is switched off.. :)

bingo !!! Even I am planning to buy a LG PQ70 this Diwali... I have been looking for T.V for quite sometime now.... was confused between the Plasma and the LCD's.... However, after auditioning the LG PQ70, I have almost made my mind on this one...

I found the PQ of this model atleast 20% better the other LCD's (Samsungs' and the LG's).... I found the P.Q of this plasma to be very natural unlike the LCD's which were very bright (my personal opinion)

Only thing I am worried is the Glare/reflection in the plasma's when there is a light source opposite to the T.V ? (the sales told me that the reflection in this t.v is reduced considerably as it has a ultra bright panel)....

can anyone who owns this T.V provide their experiences in this front... i am sure it is going to be very annoying to see the reflection in the Panel...

Croma, Blore has quoted a price of 44K for this model... any other place in Blore with a better deal ??

P.S - the t.v looks gorgeous even when it is switched off.. :)

you are right about reflection/glare. PQ 70 has one extra glass on top of the actual panel (to make it seamless) . I think this actually worsen the glare problem. so if you are planning to keep it opposite to a window you are going to see this. in my case i put near the window itself. so no problem. i have considered plasma or this model only because of my room layout. otherwise i would have gone for a LCD.

the glare in PQ70 is as bad as a normal CRT. IMO

in all other fronts, like picture quality or looks its better that LCDs.

Abt sammy B430 and B450

Site mentioned some ANTI BURN IN TECH in both plasmas:cool:
someone who can throw light on this tech.....any comments
otherwise they have more or less same features like PQ70

PQ70
PRos:
USB2.0 Movie Playing
4 speaker system
Bluetooth
100-240VAC Power operation(Good in power flicking areas like FBD):D
200W power consumption

Cons:
None as such

otherside Sammy claims for Anti Burn In Tech (major issue which surrounds Plasmas) :rolleyes:

I think i'll go for LG PQ70 packed with almost all features :clapping:
wat say u guys

Bought a LG 42PQ70 a while back, mainly being viewed by my father. No problems so far. Didn't check out the Sammys because no store had them on display. But rest assured the LG won't be a BAD buy... if anything, it'll be a really good value-for-money one.

15 days earlier, i was buying a 50" LG PQ70 @ 57000 + Free gold coin worth Rs.3000. So Net price 54,000

But thinking, that Diwali was just a month away, i thought to wait !
To compensate for diwali offer, i asked for more discount, but the dealer, cudn't do that. So i thought to wait, for Diwali Offers...

I do hope, that i can get a better discount, considering i have to wait 1 more month for the offer.

n LG has the best After sales service IMO.

Abt sammy B430 and B450

Site mentioned some ANTI BURN IN TECH in both plasmas:cool:
someone who can throw light on this tech.....any comments
otherwise they have more or less same features like PQ70

PQ70
PRos:
USB2.0 Movie Playing
4 speaker system
Bluetooth
100-240VAC Power operation(Good in power flicking areas like FBD):D
200W power consumption

Cons:
None as such

otherside Sammy claims for Anti Burn In Tech (major issue which surrounds Plasmas) :rolleyes:

I think i'll go for LG PQ70 packed with almost all features :clapping:
wat say u guys

Anti-burn in technology is standard in almost all current plasma tvs. I have the Samsung 50PSB450, and it does have it. My 3 year old Philips plasma has it. I would be very surprised if the LG PQ70 did not have it.

15 days earlier, i was buying a 50" LG PQ70 @ 57000 + Free gold coin worth Rs.3000. So Net price 54,000

But thinking, that Diwali was just a month away, i thought to wait !
To compensate for diwali offer, i asked for more discount, but the dealer, cudn't do that. So i thought to wait, for Diwali Offers...

I do hope, that i can get a better discount, considering i have to wait 1 more month for the offer.

n LG has the best After sales service IMO.

Where were you getting the LG 50PQ70 for Rs 57K ?

LG50PQ70 and LG50PQ30, whats the difference other than the frameless design and Bluetooth, i was quoted 57k for the PQ30, didnt get one on the PQ70!

LG50PQ70 and LG50PQ30, whats the difference other than the frameless design and Bluetooth, i was quoted 57k for the PQ30, didnt get one on the PQ70!

I think, USB port on PQ30 can only play photos, but PQ70 can play all photo,music and movies. Not very sure though.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back