Living room TV unit design with standmount speakers

Weathered

I am looking for a wall mounted TV unit design that would accommodate standmount speakers on either sides with sufficient shelves for amplifiers and source equipment. Should be able to fit a centre channel speaker and subwoofer in case I decide to build a HT/5.1 setup in future. Images/links to sites welcome.

Purely wall mounted units may be good for sleek and lightweight components.
Also consider something that is "wall flushed" but has some floor support to bear weight of heavy components.

Any furniture should have these minimum dimensions/clearances when hosting "size zero" TVs:
- 8" front of screen & 6" at the sides of screen (avoids accidental grazing)
- Center channel width 18" to 24" (height and depth based on actual speaker)
- Amp/source width 20" to 21"
- Amp/source depth 18" to 20"
- Amp/source height 9" to 12"
- Holes between compartments to facilitate wiring
- Sub in a wall unit is a bad idea (it will misbehave)

Take a look at these (my setup):
The above pics may give you an idea; it is not a wall mounted unit.
It is standalone rack/table with wheels.

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks Raghu. Don't think I can get away without wall mounting the TV! A wooden panel completely covering the wall behind TV seems to be the "normal" in all TV cabinet designs and women prefer it, though I'm not a fan of such design as it ends up covering the entire front wall. Instead I am thinking to put acoustic panels behind the speakers with TV mounted on the bare wall, again need to see how wires from TV can be hidden in such case. Not sure if this approach goes down well in the looks department.

I agree the rack on the bottom to host equipment should be anchored to the ground for stability.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back