Looking for 2 Channel Good Stereo Speakers for PC

jay

Hi,

I am looking for a pair of good speakers for my Desktop Computer. I did a search in this forum and read through some of the links as we'll.

My PC don't have a separate Sound Card.
I am looking for these speakers mainly for listening to Hindi & English music and sometimes watch movies and trailers of HD quality from YouTube.
My budget is between 10k and 15k max.

Please suggest.

MicroLabs have good stuff for the money though I don't know where these are available in India. Other than ML, I like very few models of F&D, Altec Lansing, Edifier etc. Also heard a Sony Htib (2013 model) which had a good sound though I don't remember the model number.

M-Audio AV40. (example sale)

I have been living with these for the past two or three years. I think I paid more for them in Singapore than they are now available in India for!

Whilst I have to admit that I am having some hardware problems now (I think it is the volume switch, making one channel break up: I will get this checked by a technician within the next two or three weeks) I would agree with the reviews that the sound quality they give is extremely good value for money

It's well known that I yearn after real active studio monitors, eg Genelec --- but until I have five or six times the cash to spend, I actually don't find the M-Audios hard to live with!

Should you want to up the budget, there are bigger and [maybe] better M-Audios (and one smaller). My next-step-up choice would be KRK (for instance this)

<Sorry, I mangled this post by loosing it and recovering it from the clipboard. I hope I deleted the duplicated lines now, and put everything in roughly the right order. But it's rather past my bedtiem...>

Last edited:
See if you can get JBL LSR-305 in India or import. These are active monitors and retail for $150 each. Those would be way better than any other computer speakers.

+1 to that. I have heard M-audio (IIRC, bx series)...

I think that would be rather up-market from the AV series, but still, even the AV series is very much more than what might be called a "computer speaker." AV-40s could deliver sound to fill a small to mid-size room.

They are powered, but not truly actives. There is a very good thread on HFV that taught me the difference! One box contains a stereo amp, and there is just a speaker cable to the other. One advantage of this is a single on/off switch and a single volume control. Without a single volume control, one would either have to have a separate one or control volume in software.

If the budget is generous, and the requirement is for something that sounds great but can also be portable, then the tiny Genelec computer speakers seem to defy the laws of physics. Hifi from something you could hold on your hand! IIRC, thirty-something thousand Rs?

See if you can get JBL LSR-305 in India or import. These are active monitors and retail for $150 each. Those would be way better than any other computer speakers.

In the JBL Indian site I found Jembe wireless computer speakers.

JBL LSR-305 - rn't they too big in size for computer? they look like Bookshelf speakers.Correct me if I am wrong.

I heard of Altec Lansing Mx5021 Speakers which seems to be very good as per reviews but has been discontinued.Anything similar in those lines?

I think that would be rather up-market from the AV series, but still, even the AV series is very much more than what might be called a "computer speaker." AV-40s could deliver sound to fill a small to mid-size room.

They are powered, but not truly actives. There is a very good thread on HFV that taught me the difference! One box contains a stereo amp, and there is just a speaker cable to the other. One advantage of this is a single on/off switch and a single volume control. Without a single volume control, one would either have to have a separate one or control volume in software.

If the budget is generous, and the requirement is for something that sounds great but can also be portable, then the tiny Genelec computer speakers seem to defy the laws of physics. Hifi from something you could hold on your hand! IIRC, thirty-something thousand Rs?

Normal Genelec sounds good. Don't remember hearing the tiny computer speakers though. Sonodyne being an Indian product, sounds okay too. The M audio I heard were in a personal studio connected to a Behringer sound processor and audio played via sound forge (pro). The whole setup was enjoyable.

I heard of Altec Lansing Mx5021 Speakers which seems to be very good as per reviews but has been discontinued.Anything similar in those lines?

I have heard it and I have suggested others to buy it. My friend bought it and he's happy with it. For the money, it's good. It's available as 2nd hand online. Microlab 300 was bought by my friend and he likes it very much (30-40 vfm). I think FC 530 will be small yet good enough for your need. 7c is big but better it seems (normal stereo rather than 2.1)

Microlab 300 was bought by my friend and he likes it very much (30-40 vfm). I think FC 530 will be small yet good enough for your need. 7c is big but better it seems (normal stereo rather than 2.1)

FC-350 seems to be too big for Computer speakers.

Microlab products are they available in India?

FC-350 seems to be too big for Computer speakers.

Microlab products are they available in India?

I am not sure where they are available. Just Google-d and found these.

Audio Speakers, Stereosystem, 2.1 System

http://www.shopmania.in/multimedia-...ch-multimedia-computer-audio-speaker-12624679

Or simply go for this one though not very powerful.

Edifier C3 2.1 Multimedia Speakers - Edifier: Flipkart.com

This one is a better option if you can up your budget.

Edifier S730 2.1 Multimedia Speakers - Edifier: Flipkart.com

In the JBL Indian site I found Jembe wireless computer speakers.

JBL LSR-305 - rn't they too big in size for computer? they look like Bookshelf speakers.Correct me if I am wrong.

Well, size is subjective, so what I presume to be small could be big for you. :)
But those are about 7" wide, 12 inch tall. So not that much big. When I looked at those in the store, they looked small enough, compared to other bookshelf speakers. Again, its subjective so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Well, size is subjective, so what I presume to be small could be big for you. :)
But those are about 7" wide, 12 inch tall. So not that much big. When I looked at those in the store, they looked small enough, compared to other bookshelf speakers. Again, its subjective so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

Ok. Appreciate that.

Perhaps Abhi may be a little prejudiced towards Swan :lol: but --- I had thought of saying the same. No personal experience, but by other accounts it might be very worth while. I don't blame Abhi for backing the product.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back