Looking for suggestions: Want to buy a 7.1 headset for TV

aussiesuree

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a 7.1 headset (wireless or wired doesn't matter) for watching Bluray/DVD movies. I do not have a game console and I am not interested in a headset which connects to PCs.

Kindly suggest me a solution which will help me watch movies with 7.1 sound without disturbing anyone and without my current HT setup which I cannot use when people are sleeping at home.

Thank you.

Don

Any regular headset will work- it will convert the 7.1 sound to stereo-- What amplifier do you have-- does it have a headphone jack-- if so what size is the jack?

Any regular headset will work- it will convert the 7.1 sound to stereo-- What amplifier do you have-- does it have a headphone jack-- if so what size is the jack?

Thanks for your response, I am aware that it downgrades the sound to stereo but that is the problem.. I WANT TRUE 5.1/7.1 sound when I am watching movies. And yeah the amp has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

Thanks for your response, I am aware that it downgrades the sound to stereo but that is the problem.. I WANT TRUE 5.1/7.1 sound when I am watching movies. And yeah the amp has a 3.5mm headphone jack.

True 7.1 surround requires 7 speakers and a subwoofer fed by 8 discreet channel audio.

However there are some DSP technologies which can give you surround experience through sound modulations which trick your brain to believe you are in the mid of a multi channel audio system; all with just two drivers on headphone.

Its known as virtual surround sound and Dolby does offer some decent technologies to create surround sound effect on headphones. Google for "Dolby headphones", to see some models which can give you such simulated effects.

I think there are very few with discreet speakers for each channel. I have one such, Sharkooon X-Tatic, it was pretty good while it worked, but I think of the speakers is busted now. They may have newer versions, try here X-Tatic Digital | SHARKOON Technologies GmbH.

As santy, said there are also a few virtual surround options. I have a Razor Chimaera, which is pretty decent. You can also consider Astro A40 or Astro A50, which are highly rated.

Thank you for your responses friends.

So if I am not wrong If I get any 5.1/7.1 headset mentioned above with optical output then it should work wit my amp which has optical out right?

Thank you.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back