Looking for Tower speakers

Yuvaraj_N

Hi everyone,
I'm in the market for Tower speakers to complete my 2.1 setup. The prospective Tower speakers would be fired by Yamaha RS202BL stereo Amp. The upcoming tower speakers will be supported by polk DSW1000 sub.
Since the Yamaha receiever doesn't have a LFE out for sub, have connected the sub to channel B of amp and the towers would be connected to channel A(Line connection).

Right now, I've connected this setup to a phillips tower speakers which came with DVD player package. Needless to say why I would like to replace them :eek:hyeah:

Keeping this setup in mind, could you all please recommend me a good pair of tower speakers to complete my 2.1 setup. The budget i'm looking around is ~25K.

The system would be used for both music(wynk) & Netflix movies.

Many thanks!!

I do understand that you are keen on a pair of towers . Who is not. But my first question is...do you have room enough for them..let us know your room size, and the more experienced guru's will chip in with their advice soon.

Youre not going to get good sounding towers at that price. And since you have a sub, you dont really need the bass that towers provide. go with bookshelves. At the price point, the wharfedale diamonds 220 are the ones to go with. They pair well with the yamaha amp. Not sure how it'll pair with the polk sub, but i doubt there will be a problem

There are very good BS speakers in that budget from Wharfedale, Dali, Mission etc. Since you are investing a sub this is better option than a FS in 25k budget.

Thanks everyone for pitching in.
Sorry, forgot to mention the room size, it's 18x22 sqft. Since the living room is big(relatively), was looking for tower speakers.
For a room size as this, will BS still do?

Right now, I've connected this setup to a phillips tower speakers which came with DVD player package. Needless to say why I would like to replace them :eek:hyeah:

Could you share the model # of Philips tower speaker?

Sorry, forgot to mention the room size, it's 18x22 sqft. Since the living room is big(relatively), was looking for tower speakers. For a room size as this, will BS still do?

Since you already have a good sub, don't think you will need a FS.. But even if you are going to pick a BS, how are you going to do the bass management between the speakers and sub-woofer ?

If you are going to pick the FS/BS, the bass will be duplicated between speakers & subwoofers and it can get messy..

IMHO, you would need an AVR (even entry level) at the moment to handle the bass between speakers & sub-woofer..

Thanks everyone for pitching in.
Sorry, forgot to mention the room size, it's 18x22 sqft. Since the living room is big(relatively), was looking for tower speakers.
For a room size as this, will BS still do?

The size of the room should not dictate the size of the speakers. The amount you spend on getting good quality bookshelves will get your medium quality towers. That said, the bass from the towers will overlap with the bass of the sub making it slightly more difficult to fine tune your setup.

Since you are already decided on the Sub, I would suggest you look at bookshelves like Elac B6, Dali Zensor3, etc. which I am sure can run circles around mid segment towers.

You mentioned, that you have connected your sub to Speaker B and current speakers to A. Do you have a Yamaha receiver or a Yamaha Stereo Amp?

MaSh

Hi

I think you will be better off with bookshelf speakers...Taga and Mission seem to have a good line up....FM Celester340 (in Wanted section) was on a hunt for Floor standing speakers and ended up buying Bookshelf speakers...he did some auditioning yesterday which will give you some indication and direction for decision making...

All the best

If u are still keen on floorstanders, then in ur budget of 25k, get the mission mx3. I guarantee u will find them more than enough. You will not be disappointed.

Yes, i already have the sub.
So far, I've auditioned TAGA 616 & Tannoy Mercury V4 .....IMHO Tannoy stands out in all departments relatively.

From the recommendations here, planning to audition Mission MX3 & few BS before taking a plunge.

Finally settled with Mission MX3 FS after much deliberation!!
Considering where I'm coming from, seeing a vast improvement in overall sound stage and trying to understand the basics of HiFi sound.

The itch of updating my system started with the purchase of Yamaha stereo amp, then the polk dsw1000 sub and now Mission MX3 FS.....hopefully this itch will be contained for sometime now :).

Thanks everyone for your valuable advice.

Attachments

• IMG_20170929_123138.jpg
    IMG_20170929_123138.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back