Lots of Confusions. Help needed for buying TV.

raghav080

Hi
Need to buy a tv 32-43 inches. Will be used mostly for set top box SD & HD Channels and occasionally BR rip movie sizing around 700mb.Viewing distance is less than 6 feet. and room is closed one so no external light only tube light. Now do I need a FHD ??? or simply HD ready will be sufficient. are HD channels on dishes 1080p?? Or just 720p? had a demo of few products plasma looks great compare to led. But now plasma era ending is it worth buying one?? Can't spend more than Rs 40,000/-. if plasma its between Samsung h4900 or LG pn4500.
LED I would prefer Panasonic brand.
Please help me out. What to go for plasma or led? FHD or HD.

Both Samsung F4900 and LG PN4500 are good plasma are good. Since, Samsung is quitting the plasma industry, LG is the one to get for better after sales. Samsung will have support for another 2-3 years but what after that ? So go for LG plasma.

Thanxxx and its cheaper too as compare to Samsung.. LG might quit too is it worth going for plasma now. Or led is the best option?

Plasma is the best option if you want really natural PQ. LED is the best option if you want something future-proof.

Confused.. Now with issues like screen burn n companies moving out of this. M leaning towards Led tv. What are the best options around 40k?

Toshiba 39L3300
Toshiba 40PU200
Toshiba 39P2305
Samsung 40H5000
Samsung 32F5500
Sony 32W700B
Panasonic 32E6D
Panasonic 32AS630D
LG 42LB550A

Is it worth buying FHD tv whn m mostly gonna watch HD channels on dish.. Because price diff is huge while comparing both..

Thnxxx.. Have searched a lot. But can't finalize yet.. Will visit n demo few products. M sure I will fall for plasma again.

Lol.. See I just had a look at Samsung 4100 model when I bought Panasonic led 405 model for my sister. I was amazed to see true colours as compare to led whitish screen. Then I came to know tht was just a SD model of plasma.

Led is the next best thing. I updated my tv last year with LG 32LA6200 which is an awesome model. Supports passive 3D and full hd. Brrips look absolute good.
And watching 1080p is an awesome experience.

for your requirements i would suggest 32e6 full hd tv since most of the hd channels are 1080i (full hd) and 32 inches would be ideal for your viewing distance...e6 has got fantastic reviews and is very good in both HD and SD....
take a demo and decide....

You have to first decide whether you are going for Plasma or led. However the nature the pq might be ,plasma is dying tech now.No one will support you after three yrs.Better choose led for normal dth viewing and buy any projector if you are a movie buff. DTH is 1080i only max , if ur going for tvs more than (>=40 inch) then go for fullhd; for 32 incher hd ready itself enough.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back