Lyrita Pre with Denon Power amp

himadri

Hi friends
Im thinking about adding the lyrita pre to my set up as follows:
Denon CDP 700AE
Denon integrated PMA2000ivr (having provision for adding an external preamplifier)
Definitive technology BP7004
QED interconnects and cables.
The denon is a good clean amp and the deftechs are good full range speakers suitable for my room size 12'x14'
Im looking for a slightly warmer sound without sacrificing the details which the combo gives. Favorite music jazz-rock.
Will the lyrita pre do the job? Forum search revealed a mixed experience.
Any further inputs please?
Needless to say that the lyrita pre is priced economically.
Cheers
Himadri

hi himadri,

best bet is to ask viren for a home demo and let your ears decide. which city are you in?

regards

Himadri

AS Stevie suggested, try and do a demo before you make up your mind. I have a tube pre amp( Grounded Grid) mated to a 55wpc power amp(AKSA), which is making very sweet music. I think you need to evaluate all the links in the chain. My speakers are stand mounted 2 ways using Scanspeak drivers and they have very good low freq extension, so much so, that I have decided that, for some time to come, they dont need a sub. I do have speakers that need a sub-without a sub they sound wimpy..

In general, as a tube amp fan, I think the pre and power tube combo is the best, and I have a couple of tube integrateds, but now that I am listening to a tube pre+ss power amp combo, I find that I like it.

George

i would wholeheartedly recommend importing the original Grounded Grid kit and assembling it here. I heard the one George has it is astounding and magical!!

Regards

thanks stevie,gobble and george
im located in chattisgarh so viren's demo is an issue.talked to him and he is ready to take it back if not satisfied.But overall ,getting it made,and transporting it back and forth is also an issue.
gobble, im not yet an hardcore audiophile so venture into assembling electronics is scary as of now (mechanical engineering is my field)
what is your opinion regarding input sensitivity matching? is the output voltage of tube preamps higher than ss pres?How is the issue sorted out?
Anyone using viren's pre with SS amp?
As for the other links in the chain,any suggestions?
im inclined to take a call if the above issues tilt positively
regards
himadri

Anyone using viren's pre with SS amp?
As for the other links in the chain,any suggestions?
im inclined to take a call if the above issues tilt positively
regards
himadri

There is anm on HFV who uses Lyrita tube pre and HK SS amp. Pm and ask.

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4

well I do have one, but still I would advice you to listen to it before buying. I purchased blind but I never regret buying it, and it was suggested and highly recommended to me by really experienced people on the forum.

thanks guys and also anm for picking it up so quickly.well, I shall be in delhi next month for some personal work.Sadly, viren shall be out of the country during the period.If you permit anm may be i can get a look in to your system during the period.
regards
himadri

Making a lot of headlines these days, my friend!

>im located in chattisgarh

My personal opinion is that there is considerable synergy between components and you should do the audition to try and judge for yourself. It is not difficult to have a GOOD amp, preamp and speakers that may be good, but not MATCHED. Accordingly, if space permits, try to build up a 2 channel audio system( using the sub for audio + video) over time, which will perform well for that purpose.

Cheers

George

Thanks george
Yes the headlines but for absolutely wrong reasons.
well your views on synergy is well taken.That is really the issue and a home demo is the key. Lets see how it works out
regards
Himadri

Thanks george
Yes the headlines but for absolutely wrong reasons.
well your views on synergy is well taken.That is really the issue and a home demo is the key. Lets see how it works out
regards
Himadri

Careful! The Maoists may come after you if they hear you have a very expensive upper class rich mans system :eek:hyeah:

Check with Heliumflight as well when you are in Delhi.

Cheers

Hey gobble
I just went through your past thread about preamp for Nad c375 and it doesn't tell what you finally landed up with.How does your final installation compare with the lyrita/nad combo? or did the Nad get upgraded? Your input shall be mighty helpful as i am in a similar situation as you were months ago.
cheers
himadri
ps .do you really think those guys have an ear/time for music considering that they are making 'music' of the more serious kind?

Hey gobble
I just went through your past thread about preamp for Nad c375 and it doesn't tell what you finally landed up with.How does your final installation compare with the lyrita/nad combo? or did the Nad get upgraded? Your input shall be mighty helpful as i am in a similar situation as you were months ago.
cheers
himadri
ps .do you really think those guys have an ear/time for music considering that they are making 'music' of the more serious kind?

I have a Chinese DIY clone of the Grounded Grid. I am just about to finish re-assembling it this afternoon, on a temporary chassis after having dismantled it for the last 2 months. It is a great sounding preamp that has "upgraded" my power section as well. Two for the price of one! My power is 325 not 375.

Cheers

thanks Gobble
Happy listening. DIY is not my cup of tea so i think i shall look at Virens stuff more closely.
cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back