Marantz 1504 Vs Pioneer VSX 823

rkperumala

Hi there,

Last week I almost went to a store to buy Marantz 1504+ Soundware Xs 5.1 for 54K in Hyderabad.

I thought a little research more is worth & decided to postpone my buying of Home Theater. :eek:hyeah::D:), Which i'll be doing this weekend.

I was looking at HifiMart website (India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart). Found this package with BA S5.1 + Pioneer Vsx 823 for 55k. :rolleyes:

Boston Acoustics SoundWare S 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System

BA S5.1 is more effective then BA Xs5.1, so thought to ask the experts here. Is it worth buying this package ? How is the Pioneer VSX 823 ?

Marantz NR 1504 has Power output of 50W only ? does this give maximum entertainment ?

Kindly please advise.

Thanks
RK

Hi mate,

Why don't you stick to one thread for all your queries..?

That Pioneer AVR not even close to marantz in performance...50w is enough to drive BA XS 5.1.. and people are very happy using this combo in the forum from long time..

Thanks

Hi mate,

Why don't you stick to one thread for all your queries..?

That Pioneer AVR not even close to marantz in performance...50w is enough to drive BA XS 5.1.. and people are very happy using this combo in the forum from long time..

Thanks

So marantz is not lying in specifications and pioneer is lying right?? I mean Marantz is giving REAL 50 W x 5 right??

Hi rkperumala

ProFx used Denon AVRs to provide demos of Polk speakers. Now i guess they have switched to Pioneer AVRs which are good to some extent...the LX series is better for sure. I used the VSX 520k for 2 years....it was ok not that great.

The key is for you to decide as you are the end user. Carry your kind of music and head out for all possible auditions.

A variety of us have used many many brands available and have a different opinion about the best AVR.

My personal view is that Yamaha / Harmon Kardon / Denon in the past (10 years ago) were really good. Today i find them a bit dull. Marantz seems to be a clear winner in terms of features, tonal warmth in music quality coupled with required features. I am sure other forum members would have different views, this is my view.

A good Music or HT setup requires you to ensure the proper mix and match combination of AVR / AMP with good speakers, cables, etc. If this is in proper order, nothing can go wrong. Everything depends on what you see and hear....your decision and your money...choose wisely.

All the best!

The key is for you to decide as you are the end user. Carry your kind of music and head out for all possible auditions.
Eb8NST

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back