Marantz CD player 5005 sometimes skips - Help

Bloom@83

Banned
Banned
Hello all

My 4 year old Marantz CDP 5005 is sometimes skipping tracks , whereas those same CDs play fine on my Sony Blu Ray player or even on a cheap SAMSUNG DVD player.
My query is - is Marantz extra sensitive to the condition of the CDs ? ( some are original CDs I purchased , most are burned on my laptop using Verbatim blanks I imported from US ).
I would like to get the lens checked by a thorough professional in Kolkata.
Any advice in this regard will be helpful.

thanks in advance !

Hello all

My 4 year old Marantz CDP 5005 is sometimes skipping tracks , whereas those same CDs play fine on my Sony Blu Ray player or even on a cheap SAMSUNG DVD player.
My query is - is Marantz extra sensitive to the condition of the CDs ? ( some are original CDs I purchased , most are burned on my laptop using Verbatim blanks I imported from US ).
I would like to get the lens checked by a thorough professional in Kolkata.
Any advice in this regard will be helpful.

thanks in advance !
I had the same issue with my 10 year old CDP of the same model. Got the lens mechanism changed at an authorised service centre. Same issues continue. Now it has problems with even more number of CDs (they are all original CDs).

So I'm now looking for a good CDT ( I already have a DAC now). The options that I am looking at (Audiolab and Cambridge Audio) are unavailable because of no supplies from the manufacturers...

Not at all uncommon with these Marantz CDPs.

A Google search with the query " Marantz CD<Model number> skipping " would yield quite a lot of relevant results pertaining to the issue.

There are many posts here too.

Yes, do try getting the lens replaced & if you are lucky, will last for a bit. Good luck.

So are you saying that attempting to clean the lens with Qtip and some isopropyl won’t help at all ?

Contact the official marantz distributor based in Mumbai
MZ Audio Distributions India.
Office No 2, Kamal Apartment,
Opp Kondor Interiors,
Next to Jama Masjid,
S.V. Road, Bandra West, Mumbai- 400 050.
Phone 1: 022-26401411
Phone 2: 022-26401412
Sales : +91-9833006667
Fax: +91-22-67475289
[email protected]

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back