Marantz+Marantz+Wharfedale

Hi,

88 users online and no one to respond to my distress call? well it happens.....

well i changed the wires back to the Onkyo's and i definitely like the sound the system gives now. I am sure i have to keep the DAC aside for some future use.

Moral of the story: If you really like the sound you are hearing don't fiddle with the system.

sri

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

My stereo setup was running on the replaced wire of Onkyo 3100(22awg i think). I replaced them with DAC 14 AWG today. Well..... I dont know weather i like the result or not. The sound is a little louder,the vocals are more clear.But the bass has lost its punch a little and the treble has also gone up a bit. There is no way i can control it in this setup. I fear this may result in fatigue. I have to hear for some considerable time before i can say for sure. I feel that the old wire was giving a more controlled and sweeter sound.

Guys tell me if my money has gone down the drain???

Thanks,
sri

Although I do not know much about DAC speaker cables, but, is it a new cable? If it is, then you have to give it some time to burn in. Just keep on playing all kinds of music with this new cable connecting your speakers and the amp. You will have to be patient and wait for your cable to break-in (or burn in) completely. In the case of the DAC speaker cable, I have absolutely no idea how long it will take. It can be anything from 20 hours to something much more than that. Check out my amp thread for burning in of my new speaker cables.

Regards.

Sri,

This is something I don't believe in much since I've never had any significant change myself but "breaking in" is something a lot of people believe in. I cannot guarantee that it will take place, but at the minimum give it 100 hours and see if the SQ and signature improves. You can leave the system on at night playing at low volumes to reach the 100 hours faster.

Hi Guys,

My stereo setup was running on the replaced wire of Onkyo 3100(22awg i think). I replaced them with DAC 14 AWG today. Well..... I dont know weather i like the result or not. The sound is a little louder,the vocals are more clear.But the bass has lost its punch a little and the treble has also gone up a bit. There is no way i can control it in this setup. I fear this may result in fatigue. I have to hear for some considerable time before i can say for sure. I feel that the old wire was giving a more controlled and sweeter sound.

Guys tell me if my money has gone down the drain???

Thanks,
sri

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back