Marantz Owner Thread...

Yes. There is also a possibility that you order NR1608 and you get NR1609 in same price before the offer runs out ;)

If I add a AV receiver in my setup which already has an integrated amp connected to the Floor standers, and would like to use the same FS independently for the AV box as well. How do I wire the FS speakers to the AV in that case. The 3050s have an bi-amping option but not sure if its possible in the above scenario. I would prefer not run a parallel set of cable connections to the same posts.

Hi

You will need a switcher for speaker wires......connected to different amps or avrs...the same are used by dealers in their shops

If I add a AV receiver in my setup which already has an integrated amp connected to the Floor standers, and would like to use the same FS independently for the AV box as well. How do I wire the FS speakers to the AV in that case. The 3050s have an bi-amping option but not sure if its possible in the above scenario. I would prefer not run a parallel set of cable connections to the same posts.

Go thru the link below
speaker selector.

A Pre-amp can be a good option to distinctly segment the power stages. However not sure how would then cascade your source /NR1606 media source especially if it is a digital one. You will then need a good DAC as well to feed the pre-amps for clean source.
Thanks for your reply. But for sheer convenience of using same speaker and power amp I am using Marantz as pre-amp for music. I am not using the DAC of Marantz and all input are analogue only.

Hi,
Just purchased an NR1509 from Hifimart. This is a replacement for a Denon 1611 driving B&W MT55 5.1 set in a bedroom system.

first impressions are very positive. Did a firmware update right out of the box and then another one got pushed yesterday which brought airplay2. very useful in an largely idevice household.

Not really pushed the volume, but it is in no way lacking versus the supposedly higher powered 1611.

have not yet had time to do an audessey MultiEQ setup. am keen to compare how this does vs. MultiEQXT on the old school denon.

Hi,
Just purchased an NR1509 from Hifimart. This is a replacement for a Denon 1611 driving B&W MT55 5.1 set in a bedroom system.

first impressions are very positive. Did a firmware update right out of the box and then another one got pushed yesterday which brought airplay2. very useful in an largely idevice household.

Not really pushed the volume, but it is in no way lacking versus the supposedly higher powered 1611.

have not yet had time to do an audessey MultiEQ setup. am keen to compare how this does vs. MultiEQXT on the old school denon.

Run Audyssey and there will be a difference for sure.....also......you can manually tweak source and each speaker volume levels......so make the best of it....

B&Ws pair quite well with marantz

Run Audyssey and there will be a difference for sure.....also......you can manually tweak source and each speaker volume levels......so make the best of it....

B&Ws pair quite well with marantz

Congrats on your purchase. Whats the new feature added in 1509 vs 1508 ?

Go thru the link below
speaker selector.

As I understand, Speaker switches may degrade the audio quality. Are there any other alternatives? Plugging cables in /out frequently would be a messy affair

As an afterthought, if nothing works, I may plan to run the stereo Front channels through the AV receiver's pre-amp permanently for playing all AV sources. However in this scenario, I got to still figure out how Audessy equalisation would work for these Front L /R channels in particular

Nice to see reviews on the NR series AV receivers. While i am also on the verge of placing orders, one specific things troubles me. I have met at least 2 dealers who recommend either a Denon or an Onkyo or even a Pioneer AV receiver over the NR. Any guesses ?

Nice to see reviews on the NR series AV receivers. While i am also on the verge of placing orders, one specific things troubles me. I have met at least 2 dealers who recommend either a Denon or an Onkyo or even a Pioneer AV receiver over the NR. Any guesses ?

I think the salient differences are Alexa and Phono inputs. Dont know if either will be massive use to most. We are an iDevice household so the airplay 2 update was welcome.

However the amp itself is wonderful. As was the purchase experience from Hifimart. It replaces an old school Denon (AVR1611) which were far better built than current Denons, and it more than holds its own. Plus the hdmi CEC works without headaches.

I am quite happy with the sound. At the price advertised on HifiMart, I think you cannot go wrong. On reliability, I guess we will just see, but what I've seen from build, attention to detail vs. other AVR vendors inspires confidence.

the remote is not as featured as a denon nor does it seem as tweakable, but I am happy for a fit and forget setup for my bedroom. in fact i am almost on the verge of picking another for my parents ( should be one that they can easily handle)

Congrats on you purchase.....let it settle in...tweak settings if reqd and you will enjoy the experience

I think the salient differences are Alexa and Phono inputs. Dont know if either will be massive use to most. We are an iDevice household so the airplay 2 update was welcome.

However the amp itself is wonderful. As was the purchase experience from Hifimart. It replaces an old school Denon (AVR1611) which were far better built than current Denons, and it more than holds its own. Plus the hdmi CEC works without headaches.

I am quite happy with the sound. At the price advertised on HifiMart, I think you cannot go wrong. On reliability, I guess we will just see, but what I've seen from build, attention to detail vs. other AVR vendors inspires confidence.

the remote is not as featured as a denon nor does it seem as tweakable, but I am happy for a fit and forget setup for my bedroom. in fact i am almost on the verge of picking another for my parents ( should be one that they can easily handle)

Congrats on your purchase. I am sure you will enjoy the sound all the more as the unit burns in and opens up.

Meanwhile, I have also closed on my purchase with Pioneer Elite LX-303. I am also getting them paired with Q accoustics 3010i + stock wall mounts and the centre 3090Ci. Will share my experience once I receive and set them up. The dual connectivity setup with PM6004 amp and 3050s continues to pose a challenge. Not to too keen on the speaker switch stuff and possible losses. For now I may just connect the AV in isolation and experience the change. Cheers!

Congrats on your purchase. I am sure you will enjoy the sound all the more as the unit burns in and opens up.

Meanwhile, I have also closed on my purchase with Pioneer Elite LX-303. I am also getting them paired with Q accoustics 3010i + stock wall mounts and the centre 3090Ci. Will share my experience once I receive and set them up. The dual connectivity setup with PM6004 amp and 3050s continues to pose a challenge. Not to too keen on the speaker switch stuff and possible losses. For now I may just connect the AV in isolation and experience the change. Cheers!
Congrats on your purchase!! How much did it cost, where did you buy from?

Hello Guys i am new entry to the forum - havent shared much of my experiences - saw this Marantz owner thread..

I recently got my Marantz SR 6012 AVR hooked up with 7 bookshelf speakers and a sub for a complete 7.1 surround. Its awesome experience for both music and Movies. The Audyseey did its job very well..

There is a Pre-out option in it - wanted to know if adding additional speakers(2 channel) using different brand amplifier impact the below. Has anyone experienced it.

1. change the sound signature of Marantz
2. Overheating of AVR

change the sound signature of Marantz
Yes obviously.But it depends on the model/brand/type of amplification /preferred channels matters a lot.
iam using same family.

Overheating of AVR
If adding power amp for all channels your avr temp should come down.
If you use power amp only for additional speakers of your existing speaker config and your current speaker remains connected in inbuilt Poweramp section of SR6012 so there won't be difference in temp

Last edited:
There is a Pre-out option in it - wanted to know if adding additional speakers(2 channel) using different brand amplifier impact the below. Has anyone experienced it.

1. change the sound signature of Marantz

Yes obviously.But it depends on the model/brand/type of amplification /preferred channels matters a lot. iam using same family.

Ideally, it shouldn't.. The power amp just amplifies the signal from pre-out..

Ideally, it shouldn't.. The power amp just amplifies the signal from pre-out..
I meant if you use as power amp from D class amplifier ? connecting with Marantz pre?
Imho til it reaches speaker level output ,amplifier design matters a lot.
If we use tube amplifier as power amp section if available ? What is the conclusion?:)
What ever the preamp final outcome to speaker which we hear from speaker is the one known as matching pre pro and the same we call it as signature.This covers the quality and components used inside the power amp.afaik.
If the query is connected with particular model power amplifier then there is no discussion.

Last edited:
I have tried using power amp and even other AVR with preouts.Most of the time signature do not change that of pre used,but scale may change.lf power amp has more wattage, headroom,
soundstage improves by some percent.
Speakers express better.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back