Marantz Owner Thread...

I was using them with Yamaha HTR3066 for the time being but now decided to upgrade to use them to their full capacity.

Oh alright. Did you audition the Marantz with these speakers? If not, do audition. There is a sound signature difference between Yamaha and Marantz, so you need to have that in your mind before committing. Neither are bad, its more of a taste and preference thing.

MaSh

Oh alright. Did you audition the Marantz with these speakers? If not, do audition. There is a sound signature difference between Yamaha and Marantz, so you need to have that in your mind before committing. Neither are bad, its more of a taste and preference thing.

MaSh
No I have not unfortunately and that is why I am asking for option about speaker which goes well with Marantz, the Dealer is suggesting me to go with Dali Zensor 3 as fronts and vokal as center, if I am not wrong than center has to go with the fronts right? so may be I can shift my wharfedale 225 to surrounds may be.

I would suggest use seperate usb adapter/mobile charger with removable usb port instead of using inbuilt Marantz usb port.
So that your usb fan current drain (even thou it is mA) will not affect the Marantz inbuilt powersupply load. If we use the inbuilt usb port it can add up few more deg heat dissipation.
I resolved the heating issue by placing a cooling fan on top of the receiver to exhaust the heat. Cooling fan comes with 220 volts which can be plugged directly to power socket. Works like a charm.

I resolved the heating issue by placing a cooling fan on top of the receiver to exhaust the heat. Cooling fan comes with 220 volts which can be plugged directly to power socket. Works like a charm.
If Fan is placed directly on Top of the AVR it looks bit odd that to 220v is bit risk when kids around. i believe it will make sound/Vibration compared to latop usb cooler.IMO laptop usb cooler looks good somewhat.
I tried above mentioned options and ended up not using both options which it spoils the beauty of Marantz.:p
I have jewel ;):cool: Infinity Aircom T9 ,2 nos for my AVR and power amp to keep / looks clean and healthy.

If Fan is placed directly on Top of the AVR it looks bit odd that to 220v is bit risk when kids around. i believe it will make sound/Vibration compared to latop usb cooler.IMO laptop usb cooler looks good somewhat.
I tried above mentioned options and ended up not using both options which it spoils the beauty of Marantz.:p
I have jewel ;):cool: Infinity Aircom T9 ,2 nos for my AVR and power amp to keep / looks clean and healthy.
where you got Aircom T9 in India from? or you bought it from USA?

It's available on Amazon India but cost between 15 to 20 K. But absolutely stunning product if budget is no concern else MAA- KU exchoust fan is better option . Do not occupie AVR USB port instead go for one with main supply. They do not make much noise but more efficient than one on USB powered. I am using the same for my DENON AVR and very happy with performance but spolis the look of AVR. If possible fit it to the cabinet instead of keeping on AVR.

It's available on Amazon India but cost between 15 to 20 K. But absolutely stunning product if budget is no concern else MAA- KU exchoust fan is better option . Do not occupie AVR USB port instead go for one with main supply. They do not make much noise but more efficient than one on USB powered. I am using the same for my DENON AVR and very happy with performance but spolis the look of AVR. If possible fit it to the cabinet instead of keeping on AVR.

http://www.ebay.in/geb/ImportHubViewItem?itemid=232066939837
If you dont have issue with budget and waiting time, you can look for this option try for coupon codes if any.
Atb

MZ Audio is having some issues with customs apparently and thus SR6012 I am buying is stuck, they have offered me SR7012 for 1.35 lac so is it worth it? I know its bigger with more power but I cannot imagine setting up a 9.2 speakers anytime soon at least so other than power what extra bells and whistle it has to justify spending 50% more (90k for 6012 to 1.35L for 7012).

MZ Audio is having some issues with customs apparently and thus SR6012 I am buying is stuck, they have offered me SR7012 for 1.35 lac so is it worth it? I know its bigger with more power but I cannot imagine setting up a 9.2 speakers anytime soon at least so other than power what extra bells and whistle it has to justify spending 50% more (90k for 6012 to 1.35L for 7012).

Sr7012 is 1.60 , earlier price was without adding in GST component. I read good things about Auro 3d and it has much better DAC so may be worth it.

I am going ahead with SR7012 as heard really good things about it, also great reviews about Auro 3d for Music especially, its not 1.35 rather 1.6 including GST. will be adding up speakers gradually as I am over budget by almost 100% :oops::oops:

As a last resort, you can get in touch with Anil from Hifimart. If you can speak to him directly, I am pretty sure that the quoted price will definitely be lesser than the web listed price (I have purchased my SR6012 from hifimart and I got a great price after talking to Mr. Anil)

On Friday Bought SR5012, very musical and detailed sounding avr. I'm also facing same heating issue. Yesterday called dealer to send his technician again and he came twice checked every thing and told me its normal and after raising my concern again he told me to give new unit if anything wrong happens.

Also please advise if i use it's front R L preout to connect my onkyo's pre-in to take some load from marantz.

Happy listening ...
What is the price for SR5012?

As a last resort, you can get in touch with Anil from Hifimart. If you can speak to him directly, I am pretty sure that the quoted price will definitely be lesser than the web listed price (I have purchased my SR6012 from hifimart and I got a great price after talking to Mr. Anil)

Hey, I too am looking to buy a Sr6012, could you tell me the final quote? (PM if not possible share publicly,) am looking to buy since my avr broke down.

Beast SR8012

Unboxing -

Nothing special about the design but again a soild tank.

Yes it is required someone help for taking out the beast at ease.

As usual one power cord,remote,Audyseey MIC,Stand,bluetooth and wireless detachable antennas.

Marantz standard Glamour porthole display and Full display under the flap ( Every year i was expecting that Marantz should reconsider full display to be visible without opening the flap):cool:

Looking at the AVR backside i felt something is missing !!!Yes it is Antenna connectors !!! Yes i remember now this is not AV Surround Receiver this is AV Surround Amplifier only US models has Antenna connectors.

I remember read somewhere to avoid RF interference/Noise Marantz released without Radio tuner for Asian models which i least bothered.Yes as expected it does not have FM/AM antennas.

Who already shortlisted and in a plan of buying this SR8012 have to look for depth if you have place constraints on your fixed AV Rack.It is slightly bigger in size( Depth) which is compared to my Little Master SR7011.

But i feel who already own Pioneer LX seriers ( 9.2 channel ) and yamaha Avantage series starting from 1XXX,this baby can fit thier AV rack( depth wise ).I would recommend to check the spec again.

Feature - of course everybody knows

Yes it is 11.2 channel out of box

Atmos,dts-X what not Auro3D out of box

Made in Japan

Just a peek Oh my Goodness- Mammoth toroidal transformer which is easily visible and reflects the confident to drive my 7.1.2 setup to the edge.Yes No doubt about it.

its time to update my Signature ;)

Few images attached

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    671.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    757.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    719.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    574.7 KB · Views: 38
Watch out for new update for Marantz receivers that is being pushed OTA. it is being said to restrict use of Dolby upmixing:
(details here : https://www.audioholics.com/audio-technologies/dolby-non-native-upmixing-atmos)

worst part is your are forced to do it as there will be no sound from HEOS until you update, if you don't want to update only option is take it offline and not connect it to network.

FM please share your experiences on switch from Denon/Yamaha/Onkyo/Pioneer to Marantz. This will help to Marantz potential buyers...

FM please share your experiences on switch from Denon/Yamaha/Onkyo/Pioneer to Marantz. This will help to Marantz potential buyers...
why are you posting the same message on multiple threads? just read the owner reviews on the brand threads.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back