Marantz Owner Thread...

Smart move. Should try that.

Also does anyone use dts:neural:x ? I kind of felt some overhead effects while i was watching dark tower on prime.

And dynamic eq .. do you keep it on. I hear more background sound when thats on but center speak needs more attention while listening dialogues.

Mine is 100% manual setup. So no dynamic processing, no tone controls, etc. Only Manual speaker leveling, Crossover and a bit of EQ. Thats All.

MaSh

No issues at all. I run my Kef towers at 80Hz for Music and 60Hz for Movies. Center - 90Hz, Rear Surrounds - 100Hz. LFE set to LFE.

MaSh

Thanks! I don't have a sub , so fronts are set to large. Audyssey however set crossover for center at 40hz and surround back at 60hz. But according to speaker specs, center speaker cant go below 75 ( freq res 75hz-20khz) and surround 60hz-20khz. So not sure why did Audyssey set center at 40.

Thanks! I don't have a sub , so fronts are set to large. Audyssey however set crossover for center at 40hz and surround back at 60hz. But according to speaker specs, center speaker cant go below 75 ( freq res 75hz-20khz) and surround 60hz-20khz. So not sure why did Audyssey set center at 40.

It could be due to reflections or the speaker being inside an enclosure or in some kind of a corner making it sound bigger than it really is. Try pulling the center speaker out in open space and run the setup. It is quite accurate most of the times and if you feel the numbers are off, try moving the speakers around.

MaSh

more to add I have tried both Recievers without subwoofer also onkyo has better bass than Marantz under 5.0 config

Well....it is indeed strange.....both brands are different...similar settings will not mean apple to apple comparison......both brands are different in components, specs of impedance and power output at all frequencies or 1khz......bass management, manual EQ and audyssey setup features etc....

Bottom line every one has different taste in bass hearing....loud or soft or smooth....if you were used to a certain way bass was heard through the onkyo...you cannot expect the same bass to be reproduced....it will either get more refined or worse...all depends on what are your bass expectations and how you configure the settings to suit your expectations

As far as this thread goes, all are happy marantz owners......we are trying to figure out if something got missed out which is causing the bass issue for you......hope the sources and content were same when you were checking ......

Front left is in the corner and not much space for any kind of movement. Would that make audyssey to set center at 40? Center is sitting pretty on the top of the cabinet.

Sometimes audyssey readings can be wrong ......so thats when you need to manually adjust the levels to compensate for the loss of levels or tonal aspects

Sometimes audyssey readings can be wrong ......so thats when you need to manually adjust the levels to compensate for the loss of levels or tonal aspects

that's like a next level stuff and sounds very interesting. Need to try it. But before that i need to understand whether the sound that i am getting from center because it is set at 40hz is like fake sound i.e. I am missing anything or loosing content. At least it clear that center speaker cant go that low as per design and spec.

that's like a next level stuff and sounds very interesting. Need to try it. But before that i need to understand whether the sound that i am getting from center because it is set at 40hz is like fake sound i.e. I am missing anything or loosing content. At least it clear that center speaker cant go that low as per design and spec.

Try bringing it lower or changing it location and run the setup. Running Audyssey gives you opportunities to experiment with your speaker placements, etc.

Another thing you can try is isolating the Center speaker from the cabinet, the Audyssey Mic could be picking up resonance vibration from the cabinet.

My Towers when on the floor with spikes(on a Jute mat) were always set as Large, however after placing them on DIY SandBoxes they were correctly picked up as Small and crossed at 60Hz which is their correct rating.

MaSh

Hi

I would suggest to go through the link below which will provide a clear understanding on different types of surrounds and their modes used in Home Theatre.....

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-...ound-sound-guide-different-formats-explained/

Also....it is not guaranteed that the content we download is TRUE DD or DTS or Atmos.....same applies to available DISCs in the market....unless it is indeed an original Disc which has proper 7,1 or Atmos or certified surround content.....

Most importantly, the surround sounds as in which will play and how loud is decided by the movie content....every movie is not the same and the movie maker (Director / Producer) may decide certain sound effects (surrounds / atmos) to be louder or similar or play at the same time to create the awe effect and make the audience spellbound / enchanted by a certain scene.....

In my opinion....i honestly after auditioning Atmos at What HiFi show for the last 3 years dont find much difference to a normal 7.1 setup
Same i even didnt find any major difference sir

Jai.

Try bringing it lower or changing it location and run the setup. Running Audyssey gives you opportunities to experiment with your speaker placements, etc.

Another thing you can try is isolating the Center speaker from the cabinet, the Audyssey Mic could be picking up resonance vibration from the cabinet.

My Towers when on the floor with spikes(on a Jute mat) were always set as Large, however after placing them on DIY SandBoxes they were correctly picked up as Small and crossed at 60Hz which is their correct rating.

MaSh

Ok, I will try that to see how Audyssey reads it. But unfortunately that place has to be the final one. i.e. center speaker on the cabinet. Quite restricted in terms of placement options for speakers.

Just to see , I made changes to center and surround , kept both at 80. Played some scenes from Gravity for surround check, Couple of Amitabh Bacchan's movies to test dialogue quality from center. And Also some parts from padmavat.

Center speaker producing reasonable sound ( with +1.5 db increase in channel level for center). But can do better i think. Few days back when i went to see klipsch , R-450c was very brilliant in dialogue delivery. Cant compare with what i have but definitely better. Post crossover setting change, disabling Dyn Eq and with DTS surround , Padmavat background score, ghumer song and dialogues sounded very good, very clean. had seen this movie earlier with DTS:X:Neural ( lots of scenes felt very boomy, always with lots of sound).

Ok, I will try that to see how Audyssey reads it. But unfortunately that place has to be the final one. i.e. center speaker on the cabinet. Quite restricted in terms of placement options for speakers.

Just to see , I made changes to center and surround , kept both at 80. Played some scenes from Gravity for surround check, Couple of Amitabh Bacchan's movies to test dialogue quality from center. And Also some parts from padmavat.

Center speaker producing reasonable sound ( with +1.5 db increase in channel level for center). But can do better i think. Few days back when i went to see klipsch , R-450c was very brilliant in dialogue delivery. Cant compare with what i have but definitely better. Post crossover setting change, disabling Dyn Eq and with DTS surround , Padmavat background score, ghumer song and dialogues sounded very good, very clean. had seen this movie earlier with DTS:X:Neural ( lots of scenes felt very boomy, always with lots of sound).

where can I get padmavat 4K quality movie unable to get it

Yup going to watch it over the weekend on Amazon Prime. Someone was mentioning that a good quality print came on Youtube for a while, but I could not find it.

MaSh

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back